the Rift

[OPEN] Sacrifice The Children

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

The black servant of her Majesty races along, sensing the presence of her Majesty's familiar. Her dual tone eyes spot the girl, her coat a lighter tone then all the rest. Her scent reaches her as a fowl scented wind brushes smells to her snout. Her nose is wrinkled as she reaches the side of the young lady, bowing her head. She cannot speak, so she simply sits and listens to the girl's helpless wails. She wished to reassure her, but the Night Creature could not do so for she did not speak the Equine Tongue.

I was resting my head, tired from the days of travel. I just wanted to be comfortable in my own home, but that luxury didn't come often. I was often times busy scaring horses out of the Marsh, trying to keep the Asylum a secret to be kept in the minds of few. I toss and turn, not realizing Sameira is absent from her usual spot. I move my legs to feel out for her in the darkness, but she is not to be felt. A frown creases my features as I discover my bonded is lost. I raise my head, vision blurred. I do not notice anything strange or different, but something felt off. It was far too silent in the Marsh, silence before a war. A sudden scream ruins the mist of silence, and the voice I hear causes panic. I take no time to leap up, wings flailing wildly as I throw myself everywhere yet no where, plunking into the water in a fit of panic. I do not surface for a few moments, thrashing about in fear as darkness swallows my vision. A faint bark echoes through my ears and I kick forward, wings helping my break the surface.

"Oh God ple- AMARA!!"

These are the words that reach me, Sameira's wails mixed within them. Mental images of Sia calling desperately for me gives me the strength to press on, racing as fast as I could to get to her. A faint blue glow shimmers into my vision and I leap forward, using my wings to carry me closer to the faint glowing. Already I see darkness, shadowy tendrils creeping out from every corner. "SIA!!" I scream, finally seeing Sameira's frame appear beneath me. She's running as fast as I'm flying, her dark brows narrowed. She gives me a mental image of Sikeax in the midst of the Marsh, worry painted across her face.

I finally see her champagne body. She's grown into a well muscled little lady, just as I have. I smile, but there is no time to catch up. "Sia, what the hell are you doing here?!" I scream, panicked as the sound of the dead rage within my head. They chant, their voices droned out by the panicked screams of the champagne girl. Their whispers grow stronger, and their voices echo within my mind, the innocent colt's voice carried away by their murderous chants. A wind glides over the water, washing me in an intense wave of fear. I never felt fear anymore, ever since I discovered the dead whispered in my ear or that they lay beneath my feet. "Let's go, I don't want to see what's going to rise from these waters." I begin to walk but stop in my tracks and turn to Sia, a stupid little grin on my face. "Lets go, don't got all day!" It was a playful tone, one that I could barely manage in a panicked time like this. I probably looked like an idiot smiling in a time like this, but hey, be happy, am I right?

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Sacrifice The Children - by Sikeax - 12-21-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Sacrifice The Children - by Amara - 12-22-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Sacrifice The Children - by Sikeax - 12-23-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Sacrifice The Children - by Amara - 12-23-2013, 06:10 PM