the Rift

[OPEN] how shall i aspire to heaven?

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
The other came to rest politely in the company of the one-winged Oracle and her Bonded too settled, raptor-like talons seizing the silken drape of his beloved’s cloak where it dipped along her now well-padded spine. Both avian and mare alike thought immediately that the unusually tinged roan emanated some aura similar to that of Midas and Gaucho; a stoic, warrior-like style which was equally as inspiring as it was reassuring. Being a creature cursed with unfortunate disability, Africa leaned her favour upon those who had pledged their duty to the protection of the more humble folk, and the lands which offered them a cosy bed.

Silas was not as gentle-minded and meek as his passive partner. His beady gaze surveyed the newcomer with cool poise, for he too was a born defender.

Flipping idly to drape around each hock respectively as she quietly regarded the unfamiliar mare, the Oracle let spill into her pale, transparent complexion a genuine air of interest. She, who spoke so movingly- like few soldiers before her, spurred the dappled creature’s thoughts into humble reflection and she knew quickly that each hour; each shade of time brought forth both tests and blessings alike. Africa nodded attentively, agreeing primarily, and marvelling at the exotic, curious nature of the stranger’s tongue.

A breath was drawn simultaneously; brittle as winter’s callous finger threatened their temperate home with the inescapable cold to come- she had missed the last, just; instead the thin-coated Pegasus had bore head-on the full wrath of the blizzards and frigidity in the north.

"Africa," She introduced herself with a not too formal swing of her long, lean skull and the persisting smile which seemed to mask her fittingly. Then the Oracle slipped her pale gaze to where the Zephyr was perched (though her eyes could not quite reach from the awkward angle). "...and this is Silas." With no reason to rush through the serenity granted to them, the Oracle turned a little back towards the shimmering lake and glanced out across its vastness to see if they were still alone in their wakefulness.

"Have you a part to play in the herd yet?" She asked finally, returning her focus to stew inquiringly upon Godiva. Few chose to linger without committing themselves in some way- whether their interests lay with the art of combat, inter-herd relations or simple gathering of crafting materials; each generally found themself doused in some responsibility. With a rattling sigh she rocked beneath the slight presence of her mate who adjusted with a barely audible rumble.

Africa

Messages In This Thread
how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Godiva - 12-21-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Africa - 12-28-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Godiva - 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Africa - 01-02-2014, 03:27 PM