the Rift

[OPEN] Ice Cream Cake

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
“My apologies,” she responded, something hinting of laughter sputtering from her mouth for the shortest of instants. Clearly there was healing for all of them to do- The Edge, Mauja, Mirage, and all the rest- and though Kahlua was probably in the least need of such medicine she felt entitled to it. To small bits of happiness that made her feel alive again, never knowing what terrors would soon befall her. “I didn’t mean to interrupt your unfinished business in bringing you here.” But all in all, she wouldn’t have changed the meeting for anything. And somehow, without really knowing, she thought maybe Mauja wouldn’t have either.

What would she Resplendence about all of this? She shuddered to think that the fallen angel would not understand what she had done, what she was trying to do. After all, hadn’t Res been hurt to the core by the attacks from the North, by the sparking girl from the south? She was so introverted, so determined to live in peace, huddled by her garden in the Edge. But, no. Kahlua had to believe she would understand. She would understand that they couldn’t have peace until this was settled, until fear was not a crime. Or at least Kahlua hoped so. That was what best friends were for, right? To believe you, no matter how crazy your goal was?

And of her herd? She was certain there would be more backlash from the rest of them. Especially Lace- the man she had looked up to so strongly upon her arrival here. But now? Now he seemed more like a monster. His hatred fouled his heart, and yet Mirage had asked him to lead them all. He would be her hardest opponent, she was sure… But if this was her calling, she supposed she could take it- accept the disdain that might fill his eyes. Accept… accept being cast from the herd? That made her shudder. She didn’t want to live on her own anymore. But… perhaps she had finally found her morals and her calling in life. Maybe that was more important?

For a moment her eyes had wandered, this way and that, but when they finally settled back on Mauja, another chilly gust of wind playing with her mane and tale, she felt peace. This was right. “Good luck, friend,” she offered with a nod of her head, special emphasis given to the word friend. “I look forward to your return.” Taking a deep breath, she added at the end. “I need to find some of my famly.” I need to talk to them. She didn’t say those words, but they were there in her voice.

Stepping towards her wall then, she looked back to him with a final smile. First steps are the hardest, perhaps, but everything seemed easy now. He would find her, when the time was right.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 12-23-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 12-25-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Hellena - 12-28-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 01-01-2014, 05:27 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Hellena - 01-02-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 01-02-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 01-02-2014, 05:23 AM