the Rift

You Will See. [Eris Challenge]

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Confutatis

Confutatis did not give up.
She was fury incarnate, rage and silent hate, her temper black and her heart wicked. How tired she was of her failures, how she hungered for the sweet taste of revenge, her appetite for victory unsated, for she had not won, not once, not yet. But she would! Yes, she was certain of it. She nursed herself back to health with her eyes gleaming in dark anger, the beaten bitch licking her wounds, cradling her vicious dreams close to her shriveled black heart.

In silence she moved, shadowy wraith slinking across the land, disappearing as they watched, slipping under the radar, mouth foaming with pale acid.

Now was time again. She was relentless! Determined, audacious, reckless, bold, brave; she was indomitable, unconquerable. She was darkness. She was evil. The light may prevail, may turn her away, but angels would fall just as surely as did the sun set every night. And when they did, she would drink their golden ichor and feast on the softness of their tender red hearts, and the blood would run down her face.

THEY WOULD FALL.
Mongrel ran lithe at her side, liquid shadow rushing over rock and stone, tumbling at her hooves, never complaining, only laughing, ha-ha-ha-ha. His eyes gleamed, amber coins, in the dark, and his tails writhed and wiggled. They reveled in the blackness, the oblivion, of one another's minds, fed off one another's corrupt dreams and villainous souls. They were flagitious monsters, atrocious predators, scandalous whisperers. They were the things that went bump-in-the-night.

Together they ran south and north, back and forth, until their hearts thudded in unison, and despite never communicating, they knew each other as lovers do.

“Tonight,” Confutatis purred, flicking her gray tail across ebon flanks. “Tonight we make our move.” At her stony hooves the fox grinned, curved white teeth bared. “Tonight, my Mongrel, we will win.” It was more than mere ambition now. She ate and ate, gorged herself on streamwater and yellowing grass, but still she hungered, her stomach never full. Without power, she was a lone vagabond. Without numbers at her haunches, she was powerless.

It was time to find the Asylum, to usurp.
So to the Marsh she moved.
Here she stopped.
Here she waited.

“ERISSSSSSS!” The woman shrieked, her voice cutting through the harsh daylight, hooves sunk deep in mud. “ERISSSSSSS!” She screamed, vocal cords aching from the strain. “I CHALLENGE YOU FOR ENTRY INTO THE ASYLUM!”

Why Eris? For Confutatis liked Seele. She liked the darkness in the mare's heart, even if she had ousted Confutatis, calling her turncoat. How could she be traitor, if she was never with them from the beginning? But that was besides the point. Eris was weak, where Seele was strong.
And Eris, for all her cunning little words, would not win.
And then there would be nothing to stop her.

Normal challenge rules. Four posts plus closing defense for whoever attacks first. Hybridized system. It is mid-day in the Spectral Marsh. Nice sunny day, about 10 degrees Celsius, so fairly chilly. Confutatis is standing on one of the narrow little paths.

Good luck!
* Challenging for entry into the Asylum.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
** Good to go! Just understand that since it's an outcast band without realistic borders, they could disband and reform without telling Confutatis. Once you reply with the setting you want, I will include it here in this post so that you won't have to edit your first post!

Setting: Mid-day in the Endless Blue, not far from the Marsh. Bright day, but overcast, stormy waves. Still about 10 degrees Celsius.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

The call came at a rather inconvenient time, she was about to go hunting but Eris supposed that the blood of a traitor would taste quite sweet. It wasn't like The Queen of the mad hadn't been expecting this battle to come up eventually. Sighing and turning away from the tracks she had been stalking, The Blood Empress left the game for another time. Her blue eyes sought out the dilapidated form that was known as Confutatis. The ignorant bitch looked exactly as Eris remembered her. Beat up and bloody stupid. Shaking her forelock out of her eyes, The Blood Empress came to a pause in front of Confutatis. Her golden head tilted to the left hand side, and strands of blood red hair fluttered in the slight breeze that blew past them. After a moment Eris tilted her head to the right, and squinted her eyes. Letting the silence hang for a moment, The Empress continued to study the traitor. "No, I'm sorry." Straightening up, the blue orbs attempted to catch the other's gaze. "You look ludicrous no matter what angle I use to observe you." The corners of her mouth flicked upwards, but the hatred still lay under the surface of The Empress' facade.

Allowing a moment of calm to settle before the storm, Eris began to remember everything she could about Confutatis. Shaking her head, The Queen exhaled the breath she had been holding. "Confutatis, child of The Demon. What was his name again...Oblivion?" A taunting smile filled her lips, it was almost too easy. "Failure." Eris was infuriated by Confutatis' willingness to show her face, The Empress wanted the traitorous bitch to know exactly how she was feeling. "You are a curious creature. When will you see that no one is impressed by your blunders...you will never prove yourself to be like your father." Chuckling Eris made herself comfortable in front of the grey mare. Her hooves sunk into the sand, her expression calm yet taunting. "But of course he was a failure as well...Congratulations! You're just like him." Laughing in her face fell fantastic, a bit of nervousness left her body. "Oh I love it when other's have daddy issues. I have them as well, I understand how to get into your mind." Eris shook out some swampy water from her coat.

Time to get down to business, the smile melted from her face. "Lets say you win..." A voice as dark as death it's self, all the facade was finally melting away. "What then?" Asked The Blood Empress. "Do you honestly think they will accept a traitor like you? You don't truly believe that by winning my leadership in a second battle, Seele will stand beside you? Or that my family will follow you?" Her laughter is rich, relaxed and calm. Studying the mare that stood boldly before her, The Empress narrowed her eyes as the realisation hit. The traitor wanted to gain leadership and destroy her family once and for all. If the traitorous bitch did actually manage to gain leadership, well her plan would never work. The Asylum would leave her and reform in secret, Eris was The Goddess of Chaos. It would be much more fun to actually let the imbecilic mare win. "You're wasting your time Confutatis. I have nothing to loose, they will return to me because I care about them. You however...you have already lost everything and even if you win this battle you will have gained nothing." Eris sighed as if she felt sorry for the half blind bitch. "You will never lead The Asylum, you will never be able to destroy us from the inside." Eris finally stopped fidgeting and stood proudly before Confutatis. Time to get some pay back.

"Come on then coward, provoke The Goddess of Chaos further." A leering stare, a confident threat spilt from Eris. "You will regret it."
If the bitch won then Eris would make it her personal duty to open up the fiery pits of hell and toss the whore down to the deepest, darkest corner of the underworld.

" "
Words :: 684 [800 max] Post :: [0 | 3]

Confutatis may attack first.
If Eris wins, Confutatis can not challenge to be accepted into The Asylum or any herd land they may live in again.

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Confutatis

She comes, red-maned and hideous as always, but Confutatis can’t get angry at Eris for being ugly. It’s not her fault her parents combined the worst possible genetics… beside, Confutatis’ own claim to beauty is tarnished at best, non-existent at worst.
Lips writhe into taunting smile, her golden eye smouldering with tension. It lies between them, thick enough to eat, and she revels in it. Here she is at her best, with the sand beneath her hooves and the briny kiss of the ocean breeze on her face. She inhales the scent of decay hungrily, drinking it in with her sooty nostrils, bathing in its glory. The Moon Goddess told her to stop hiding, to become the shadows, to breathe in the darkness and let it fill her lungs. You cannot do this alone, this goddess had said.

And she could not. She despised herself for it, her incapacity and inability to wait, how tight her patience was stretched. It was exhausting, challenge after challenge, failure after failure. It wore her down, pressing on her shoulders, malicious and sadistic. Eris’ voice rings in her ears, poison, and the hellion jerks back as if scorched. How does she know of Oblivion? How does she know of the stallion’s reign of terror? How dare Eris Mad-eyes insult, taunt, bash his name? He is everything she is not. He was power, death, destruction, chaos- Eris is but a shadow of his name, and Confutatis is even less.

Rage rises in the pit of her stomach, but she forces it down, tamping down cruelly on the hardness, the twist of her gut.
Loathe to admit it, she needed the Asylum.

“Eris, listen to me.” Confutatis said, her shattered glass, sharp and brittle. “I have dreams you want to hear, plans you would wish for me to whisper in your ear. I do not regret. I left, but I return. Imagine if we were united… dream, Mad-eyes, of the power. I am traitor, I am bitch, I am hellion and fucker and hateful monster- is that not what you seek? Do you not seek power? We are not so different, you and I.” Her eye glints yellow. “I swear to you upon my life that as long as I believe you and Seele worthy of the power you hold, I shall serve. Remove the traitor, the price upon my head.”

Eris continues, oblivious, on her tirade, her vindictive breakdown of the Asylum, their power and strength, their unition.
“And yet you have not secured a herdland.” The hellion smirked. Mongrel slithers forward, black shadow sleek, white teeth bared. With a snarl, Confutatis steps forward, her hoof clamping down on the kitsune’s tail. “Foolish mongrel,” she snaps as the fox gives a piteous whine. She removes her hoof gracefully from the fox with a lingering sigh.

“We can avoid bloodshed today, and save it for the real enemies, angels with their white wings and guardians with their magic.” The Lady rumbles. “Take me up on my offer, and I will follow you like a well-trained bitch, and prove…” she swallows her anger, bows her head in humility. “… that I can follow a leader.”

How she fucking hates herself.
Bowing to this BITCH.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

As she spoke to Eris, The Empress just took the time to watch how the bitch moved. What weaknesses affected the mare? The Empress already knew that Confutatis was quick to anger, she also already knew that they both shared a love for spilling blood. This was going to be one messy battle. Her blue orbs rolled as the words still floated into her ears. "Really Confutatis! You have offered my your loyalty in the past. You gave me your word." Eris chuckled thinking back to the way Confutatis had just left her. Shaking her head, Eris just continued to watch the other try and talk her way out of the hot seat. "As it turns out...well...your word is as good as shit now." The more the half blind bitch spoke about power the quicker Eris realised how little she knew about true power. Sighing, The Empress decided to quickly educate the traitorous bitch. "You know nothing about true power bitch," her voice was bored. Quikly Eris was growing tired of the pointless natter leaving both mouths. "Power resides where souls believe it resides. Shrugging the Vermillion Queen watched carefully for a reaction. "It’s a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small soul can cast a very large shadow." With a chuckle, Eris tipped her head to the side.

As if it was meant to convince her, the other sunk into a bow. Eris sighed and waited. "Oh for goodness sake...STAND UP STRAIGHT." Her breath was harshly drawn, eyes narrowed and anger boiled her blood. "You don't even have the right to sink your knees at my hooves." Now she closed the distance between them, this conversation was done. Eris would not stand and wait with patience anymore. "I will hurt you for this bitch. Her voice was full of promise. "A day will come, you will think you are safe and happy, that your prized processions are protected," a slick smile formed on her lips, "and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid." Tipping her head in promise, Eris looked up to speak one last time. "Choose. Walk away or continue with this pointless challenge." Eris was proud to be standing before the obnoxious bitch. After all, it was hard to put a leash on a dog after you put a crown on it's head. Eris' crown couldn't be seen by all, but for those who had faith in her, they could see the beauty that sat on top of her red curls.

Words :: 431 [800 max] Post :: [0 | 3]

Confutatis may attack first.
If Eris wins, Confutatis can not challenge to be accepted into The Asylum or any herd land they may live in again.

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Confutatis officially withdraws this challenge. No VP is earned.