the Rift

[PRIVATE] red, white and blue.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

Night falls across the valley, and with it goes the consciousness of sleeping souls, waning in the loss of sunlight. Lakota is not part of this group, and instead her eyes open to the darkening of the sky around her. This is the time where she thrives, while others are drowsy and sleeping with loved ones. At night she watches over these innocent sleeping kin of hers, walks the line of power and keeps them safe from harm. It keeps her from being subjected to their passing gazes, the invisible form she obtains when she walks about in daylight. She is unknown, unwanted, and she is more than aware of this fact. Until her magic is needed, her name is never spoken, never whispered in the minds of those around her.

She is an evanescent being.

As she walks, Aodaun separates from her side, exploring what she cannot. It is silent aside from the rattling of the dwindling leaves against the bare limbs that hold them captive, the breath she exhales in a timely rhythm, and the distant whisper of the waterfall somewhere in the bowels of the land. Concentration is broken by the flash of another's viewpoint in her mind. Focusing on the connection that thrives like a silver strand between herself and her companion, she delves into his mind, sees through his eyes. Locket appears in her vision, wounded but seemingly content. Lakota sighs, her thoughts actualized, and with a quiet whisper to Aodaun of her impending arrival she withdraws.

It doesn't take long to find him, he is a magnetic pull on her, a constant reminder that they are connected. Locket hasn't moved much, Aodaun staring at him, not out of sight but not moving closer to reveal himself. Lakota slips from the cover of the shadow of the trees beside him, face to face with Locket, and steps towards him. "Be still, friend. I must heal you." She pauses before touching him, brow raised towards him to make sure he will not be taken by surprise. It is an easy process, eyes slipping closed in an almost intimate gesture, feeling the power of the earth surge through her from below, traveling through her body as if it's a conductor, and pouring into his wounds with the magical influence of healing. When she is done she is mildly out of breath and considerably more tired than before, but she gives a wisp of a smile. "Care to tell me why you didn't seek me out earlier? Or why you're awake at such an hour?"

Messages In This Thread
red, white and blue. - by Locket - 12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Lakota - 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Locket - 12-26-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Lakota - 12-27-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Locket - 12-27-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Lakota - 01-01-2014, 11:50 PM