the Rift

[PRIVATE] red, white and blue.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

Aodaun does not understand the inflections of his words, and merely gives a soft huff of a noise, awaiting the moment when his bonded reveals herself in the moonlight. It seems to calm Locket, so the bear is content, at least. Lakota on the other hand is proud of his reaction, and gives a comforting smile when she steps out of the shadows, not wanting to excite him any further by not announcing her presence. He remains still when she asks him to, and she can't help but idly notice that he smells pleasant when she presses her muzzle to his shoulder tentatively. It's like...pine and cinnamon. Calming. It makes concentrating on the targets she sees in her mind, his injuries, much easier. When she steps away, wounds knitted and blood replenished, bruises unwound and skin patched over, she realizes he is that little bit taller than her and smiles up at him hesitantly. Smiling isn't something she's used to, that's for sure.

He thanks her and she ducks her head shyly, for it's said so sincerely, she doesn't know how to react. "Don't be silly, you don't need to thank me," she said softly, lamely, not knowing what else to say. Usually she was thanked and then brushed aside, the concentrated gratitude was too much for her to handle, when she was so used to being ignored. She gave a soft, bitter laugh at his compliment. "Gift? Locket, you surely jest. I wasn't...this is the Earth Lord, not me." She bites her cheek and cuts off her previous sentence, voice gentle, not wanting to chide him when he had just given her a very rare compliment.

Looking back up into his emeralds, just as vibrant as her own violets, she rolls her eyes playfully at him. "Locket, you would have interrupted my patrol, if anything. I do nothing but bustle around waiting for someone to get injured, do I really seem so scary?" And she gives a nervous giggle, not sure if that was an appropriate joke to make, since she could at times be terrifying and she knew it. Brushing her gaze over his body, she admires the way he glows like nutmeg in the silverlight of the moon shining through the dying leaves above. She jolts when he answers her, cheeks suddenly hot for staring like a starstruck filly, and blinks owlishly at him as if not hearing his reply.

"Must I force you down to get you to sleep? Honestly, and everyone wonders why they need so much patching up," she chides playfully, though her voice is rushed and nervous, trying to cover up her mistake of staring at him so strangely. Aodaun gives a chirping bark when Locket deigns to look at him, standing and striding on powerful paws to sit closer to them, watching them with intelligent eyes. Lakota's gaze, taken by Aodaun when he moved, jumps back to Locket when he begins to move.

He circles her like a cougar, eyeing her, but his smile is teasing. Regardless it makes her duck her head shyly, unused to the attention. This was why she moved about at night like an owl! But it was just her luck to get caught in the claws of a nocturnal cat when she did. "I-I..." Oh hell, why was her voice going against her now too?! Flicking her tail to curl around her ankles, her ears twitched and turned, one ear constantly moving to mirror where he walked. "Patrol?" It's a meek, squeaky answer, and her unsure tone shifts it into a question instead of a statement.

Meanwhile Aodaun watched them with thick amusement in his lime eyes, and if one were to know him well, they'd almost say he had a sly, wicked look about him.

Messages In This Thread
red, white and blue. - by Locket - 12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Lakota - 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Locket - 12-26-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Lakota - 12-27-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Locket - 12-27-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: red, white and blue. - by Lakota - 01-01-2014, 11:50 PM