the Rift

[OPEN] Sky Daughter and Phantom Seeker

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie
I hear their arrival, a terse rustling of leaves that counter each other, alluding to the presence of two rather than one. My ears are raised and eyes inquisitive as the drug user and his Phantom Seeker appear from the tree line, the faint glimmer of interest that has burned in the depths of my gaze fading as I realize that the woman is also of unicorn heritage. Perhaps I should have assumed as much; it would be fate’s way to force me into such uncomfortable conversations with such ugly creatures.

Emotionless, I watch their approach from my position alongside the pool, tucking my wings in close to my sides as they near. The emaciated stallion speaks first, introducing the Seeker as he twists his mouth around to swallow more of his chosen poison, and I cannot help but feel a flicker of disgust wrap its way around my lips, tugged downwards by the sight of such idiocy.

Not lingering on this, however, his next words remind me once again of our failures in the Threshold. Mostly my fault, I’m sure, as I’ve been less than amiable, but also his own for being so heavily addicted to the substance that has stained his teeth and lips. Its hard to talk to a moron for any intelligent woman – and I am a princess.

In Elysia, he would have already been culled from their ranks, if not by the prestigious women of the land, then the slaves themselves, for fear of punishment for his ineptitudes.

Of course, in Elysia, his substance problem would not be of his doing.

"Cealestis," I say to him, blank blue eyes observing his face with a lack of care or concern. It is truly for both of them, this name, but mostly to give the stoned stag something to call me – the other woman, it seems, knows me well enough on site to name me as I am. Skyborne, daughter of clouds, and I nod to her in appreciation of her more astute social skills.

The conversation goes well enough in the direction I would like it to at first, the woman agreeing to assist in my quest for family, though I am lured into a ponderous wondering by her next statements.

Wraiths? Wretched disease?

She gestures, almost, in some distant direction; the wicked nature of whatever she speaks evident in the nervous way in which she carries herself. "I seek understanding," is all I can say, answering the question tied into the loops of all her words, not knowing how else to respond to this danger other than to take a tentative step in the direction she has suggested, "though I am capable of a fight. I prefer to remain above the squabble of animals, however."

Altering my angle and preparing to head out towards these illusive tunnels, I tuck my wings hard against my sides as cloven hooves traipse across the leaf strewn earth, limbs reflecting the red glow of the water before the giant tree. "But we should walk as we converse. Tell me more of these… wraiths."

And so, my journey alongside Phantom Seeker and Belligerently High begins, though I am loathe to remain so confined to the ground when the skies beckon broad and open above me.

Cealestis

Messages In This Thread
Sky Daughter and Phantom Seeker - by Cealestis - 12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Sky Daughter and Phantom Seeker - by Oxy - 12-24-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Sky Daughter and Phantom Seeker - by Circuta - 01-13-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: Sky Daughter and Phantom Seeker - by Cealestis - 01-16-2014, 10:25 AM