the Rift

[OPEN] ZZAAAPPPPP

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
Zeno was in an awkward stage. Her legs were long and gangly, but her barrel was still rather child-like, and without any real feminine curves. She was blocky, like her father. Soon, she would certainly grow into her body - because sleek and elegant like her mother, but for now, Zeno just felt...well, awkward. One day, she would surely be striking: Her coat was pure white, until black overcame the purity, at her shoulder and knees. Even her black mane and tail had a bold lock of white streaking through. One day, the young daughter of the warrior and the crafter would be somebody. But today, she was just lonely.

And another thing...The Throat was BORING. I mean, where is everybody? Oh right, building that stupid wall. Zeno didn't actually think it was stupid, actually, she thought it was sort of bad ass that her mother could plan far enough ahead to construct such a thing, but it wasn't very interesting for the yearling. Oh well. It wasn't like there was anyone to play with anyway...There just...weren't many foals in the Throat.
"--Everyone's too busy fighting I bet. Or building or...I dunno. Not having babies." She muttered to herself, kicking a rock with her tiny hoof as she went.

With a sigh, Zeno made her way towards the Oasis. When she was much younger, she was afraid of the water. Her blood was electrified - she learned that word from Mama - and she learned that water and electricity usually don't mix. While her heart often fluttered uncomfortably when she bathed, she wasn't entirely sure if that was because of her arrhythmia, or because of Mama's constant cleaning.

Dropping her dark muzzle to the water, Zeno spread her gangly legs awkwardly, to drink.

Zenobia
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Meg was still working on her social skills. Before coming to the Throat, she’d been isolated for months and before that, her childhood hadn’t really been what you might call conventional. The young mare had met several here in her new desert home, and they had all been so incredibly warm and welcoming that she’d been quick to accept a place here. She was still getting used to the idea of having friends though, and not entirely sure how to deal with all her emotions. She’d been in the habit of fighting everyone and everything out of necessity but with no one attacking her, she didn’t quite know what to do with herself.

The bay mare trekked though the sandy deserts, headed for the refreshing oasis, eager for the refreshment and rest it promised. The bright sun made the filly at the water’s edge visible from a good ways away. Meg hesitated, then moved forward at a brisk trot, wings folded comfortably at her sides. “Hello there,” she said, coming to a shuffling halt a few yards from where the filly stood. Eyes flicked over the young one in all her adolescent awkwardness. It didn’t seem so very long ago that Meg had been going through the same stage, though this little one didn’t look quite as harassed and she had been.

“I am Megaera, or just Meg I suppose…” She’d head several of her heardmates use informal makes with each other; If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Her feet shuffled a bit as she spoke, but then the was rarely still on the ground, so much more comfortable while she was flying. Her face however, had a smile that was friendly enough, though perhaps a little unsure Am I really supposed to just start talking to people? “Are you a resident of Dragon’s Throat as well?” After the words were out, the question seemed silly. The filly could hardly be old enough to be far from any of the adults responsible for her and even more, she shared a similar layer to her scent that Meg had picked with the other established members of the herd. Still, got to start talking somewhere, right?

Image Credits

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

Zeno didn't yet have the skills of a warrior, and so, Meg caught her completely off guard. The filly's dark nose suddenly rose into the air, spraying water droplets everywhere, as Meg issued a casual greeting. A cough rattled through the young pegasus, causing more water to spew from her dark lips. While having electrified blood was cool, having arrhythmia was not. Her heart pitter-pattered uncomfortably in her chest, as she turned to face the earthen toned mare.

"Hi...geeze. You scared me." Zeno admitted with a juvenile smile, collecting her long legs underneath her to stand fully upright. Likely she would grow a bit taller than her mother - but certainly no where near the height of her father. "Nice to meet you Meg." The white dun replied politely. If only her mother were here to see how her lessons were paying off! "I'm Zenobia - but everyone calls me Zeno" She extended the Zzzz- With a childlike snort of laughter, her electric blue eyes shimmering with amusement.

At Meg's' inquiry, Zeno bobbed her head, tucking her white wings against her flanks. "Yep. I was born here. Both my Mama and my Papa have jobs in the herd." She replied with a shrug. "So it isn't really like I have a choice. But I like the Throat I guess.."

Again, the filly shrugged. She puffed out her cheeks, alternating the air so that they deflated and inflated in an alternating pattern. "Hey!" She cried, exhaling abruptly, causing a small volt of current to unconsciously release from her wings. "You wanna play?"

[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Meg’s long ears pricked forward and a rather uncharacteristically concerned expression crossed her features as the filly gave a rattling cough. There seemed to something more than just getting water down the wrong pipe there, but the little one quickly recovered and the thought dropped out of the mare’s mind. She set her features in a friendly, if not entirely typical, smile as the filly spoke, gathering her spindly legs beneath her.

This little one simply exuded charm, almost bubbling over with childish exuberance, and Meg was quickly charmed. A chuckle escaped her at the child’s antics as she recounted her name and her place here in the Throat. “Well met, Zeno” she said, imitating the stress on the first letter. “We, none of us, get to choose our place of birth but I think you’ve been lucky. Certainly, mine was a much colder place, and the inhabitants far less friendly then those I have met in my short time here.”

There was a pause, and before Meg could think of what to do next the filly seemed to burst out her interjection. The earth-colored mare felt the shiver of electricity ripple through the air and stilled. Had that just come from this little filly? but the grey one continued in her bubble of a voice before Meg could think to much about the strange little disturbance. Play? The ‘games’ that her brother’s had played with her had never exactly been fun, and she was sure that Zeno couldn’t have meant anything of that sort. Play… She certainly wanted to; she was only just and adult herself and her true nature was a rather boisterous and jovial one, once she’d escaped from the shadow of her former herd. She’d grown up faster than she should have, but the dormant child was eager to come back if Meg could learn how to let it. “I…don’t really know how…” The mare admitted. She had a rough idea, but this land and its inhabitants were so very different from what she’d known that she was simply at a loss.

-lainespeak-
Notes: Current damage notes indicate threads that take place after this one, Meg is in full health here :)

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::