the Rift

[PRIVATE] no one — can take away what's ours! [challenge thread]

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
<style type="text/css"> .cir{ height:350px; width: 420px; background-color: #EAE8E6; opacity: 0.5; -moz-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; }.cir:hover { opacity: 0.1 }</style>
The call of bloodshed has come. It is a call to arms, a cry as loud as the noise of caw of crow's in the Nightingale's harks. It comes upon a bright morn, when the sun is high, the air oppressive, and the woman knows it is not only due to the clouds that litter the sky with ashen hue. The chill bites through her coat, and with elegant strides upon sandy terrain she marches forth, a grim expression boiling beneath murderous, violent pearls.
It is thick with the scent of a deceiver, double-crosser, miscreant, it is thick with the scent of the woman Judas and yet thicker with the bellowing monotone of her jagged, damned vocals. You aren't our Queen.

The lands of the Marsh lay near the woman's treading hooves, cream and charcoal mixing alongside obsidian and violet, cursed, forgotten by the protective voice of the Divine's. Even as the minuscule observation crosses her mind, a prayer is sent forth, beckoning, calling for that which has watched over them time and time again— o'Gods, be with them.
It is a day full of growing exasperation, acrimony, resentment and infuriation, and she wishes to query the skull-faced buffoon why does thou tempt the lion? Does she threaten the Asylum, the allies of the Asylum, and the land's of Helovia with such utter foolishness that she dares anger all that come before her sight? The cretin is a insult to her people, her land, her Kingdom, and she shall take up her Queen's place and fight herself against the half-faced ape that waggles her rump around in the air, slobbers upon sacred ground with her fowl mouth and calls herself a child of Oblivion. The name means as much to the Nightingale as the imbecile herself, and that is naught a single dime's worth amidst the contours of her heart. She has seen half-crazed mutts that intimidate her more then this, terrible, horrid, scientific experiment that has gone so very wrong. The Nightingale is not selfish, not needy by any means, and yet if she could wish upon a star and remove the pitiful thing that wallows in her very sights as she comes to a standstill on invisible sidelines she would do so with glad tidings. And so, as she comes to a halt, bones itching to dance forth and stab the half-witted thing in the side, that her vocals call forth, high-pitched, extending outward to the skies, across gnarled oaks, darkened forests, down the length of the sidelines of the sea.
"Asylum! Come forth, see that which challenges your Queen!"

Her gaze does not waver, does not turn from the wench that has come to harm her friend, her Queen, her Empress, and not awaiting to see if the faces of her kin have arrived, her voice exhales into arctic oxygen once more. Perhaps alliances formed long before shall come at the desperate undertones of her voice, the anger, the hatred that curls beneath her very skin as some infectious disease.
"This.. abomination has come back once more to our doorstep! She has betrayed us, threatened our allies, our own family!" Mockery and scorn waft as smoke within the music from her lungs, contempt, disdain for that which stumbles about with a half-bred mutt alongside her. She hopes the thing will hear her. "She challenges our Queen, she challenges us, she challenges you for right to enter our ranks! Will you let yourselves sit by and idly watch as she attempts to take away that which is, shall be, and always has been, ours? She taunt's us with her foolishness, deems herself the daughter of a God! She believes to be better then us, better than you! She fails in every endeavor, every fight, and now she crawls back to us as if she has the right to stand on a hill and lead us! She shall ruin us if we allow her!"
Brilliant violet turns to gaze now upon the shadows she is certain have come, slinking forth from the very cracks of the Earth itself. "Will you allow yourself to be ordered around by a buffoon whilst she fattens herself on our food, our hard work, and lazes about the depths of a comfortable harbor, deeming herself above you? She has not earned the right to call herself Empress! She is a mongrel, the very dirt beneath your hooves! Her existence is a jest to us!"
Outrage burns within her core, riling, drawing forth, captivating, venomous as the magic that is birthed into the things veins. A breath is taken, short and harsh, ripped forth from the air as talons from a falcon's claws, before she speaks once more.

"Look at her! She comes forth with companion and acidic bite, whereas our Queen fights with neither! She attacks the vermilion because she lacks such buffering! She does not dare attack us upfront, for she knows she shall lose against our might! She is a coward, a gutless cur whom singles out our people, one by one, threatens us with her grotesque face! If our Queen falls on this eve, I shall challenge the fool for her right to live among us in return. I will not stand for a rat, a shriveled hag to live among us, our family! I ask you then, will you allow her to command you from a fancy throne, deem you mortal's whilst she is the nonexistent God's child, shame, embarrass us? I will not STAND for a wriggling child with father issues to call herself our Queen! Will you, brother's, sisters, stand alongside me? Show her once and for all we will not stand for this mockery?" Sweat laces the Nightingale's coat with her exertion, her hardwork, her meticulous carved lyrics. "..Show her, and any whom follow behind her, that we, the Asylum, are, DOMINANT!"

Ire explodes forth from her very soul, flaming, billowing as the wind, and she prays the very force of her emotions shall raise her kin, feed the violence within their souls.
She can do no more. Not yet.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
CIR FOR PRESIDENT 2013
@[Confutatis] A tag for Confutatis so that wanda may see this thread exists and incorporate it into her writing if she wishes.

This is a thread for the Asylum to watch the challenge thread against Eris, to enter the Asylum. And throw insults.
murder the monster you made
watch him bleed out

Credits
AHMEDBAKIR : VENOMXBABY : GALAXIESANDDUST : SALSOLASTOCK</style>

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

OXY.
I never said that I want this
It's your turn to answer to the call of Asylum. You've been back by the water, gathering your plants that you need so desperately when the sugary sweet call of the Phantom Seeker (your Phantom Seeker? You would never dare whisper such words aloud, but you've taken something of a fancy to her after she delivered you drugs on your death bed). You know now why Pretty Boy was so taken with her. She is Helen of Troy. All the world would go to war, if only she asked for it. And so you come to her, because she speaks, and you want to hang off every syrupy syllable. She is your new drug, perhaps.

You do not know the story of Confutatis, but you learn it now as you come alongside the Phantom Seeker, perhaps an inch too close. Your dirty, muddy, uncared-for mess of a hide is nothing compared to the beauty that she radiates. Even if she were to roll in the mud of the Swamp for hours and not bathe she would win the hearts of knights all around. You try to steel yours against her. It is only lust, you remind yourself. Lust for her smooth, dripping nectar of a voice. But you listen anyways. Lust is a drug as powerful as any plant.

And the girl runs on, her words a rallying war cry for the residents of the Asylum. And she threatens then to challenge the traitor woman if she beats Rose Red. You can't help yourself. You reach out with your half-drugged nose to try and touch her shoulder, if she will let you. You are not worthy of what you reach for, but you do it anyways. “You will not challenge her, but I will.” Even your murmur is loud, your booming body not knowing what a whisper is. Do you try to be the Phantom Seeker's knight in shining armor? Perhaps. But you can justify it. You are the Asylum's warrior. This is your job. You must fight for them.

As she explodes in fury, her words culminating in a victorious cry, you can't help but waver slightly on your hooves. But you are mostly present. The Doctor did her job well. Your burns have healed. Only fur remains to grow in, to cover the scars. But you don't mind if it doesn't. Just for good measure, as Confutatis tries to reason with Rose Red, you throw out your own little addition. You're not general, not yet, but you have faith you will be. “I won't have her as warrior, Rose Red. Even if you take her in.” But somehow you know that Eris won't fall to the woman's guile anyway. It is more a warning to Confutatis. Fight if you think you must, win if the gods will let you, but even if she enters the herd she will not call herself one of your warriors. You will see her die before then.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Really? Was this what I was to come back to? The Sauer Mouth had decided that now was her chance to try and come back - to try and join us again? I will say, that perhaps earlier I had been willing to give her a second chance. Earlier, before she had gone off on us, called us idiots and walked away. It was then when she had become a traitor.

A traitor she was, but she wouldn't have been had she not felt the desire to lie to us. I was the one who allowed her to join - I was the one who had met her, seen the daemon that lurked under her flesh. And you, mein puppe, were the one to realize she could be harnessed, given the correct conditions - conditions you tried to keep...

A short laugh escaped my maw as I slid my way up toward where Circuta was. "Speech over, mein magier. I believe it is time for blows to be struck - we shall not distract Eris by screaming our disdain for the one who wishes a challenge," I say, voice floating out in it's delicate, twisted way - smooth vowels and harsher consonants.

It was you who told her to report to you with information - information she never brought. It was she who said she would be on her own most of the time. If any of the words she wove were truth then it was she who did not give the Asylum a chance to save her from the horror she claimed to be a part of, Schwere continued, his deep voice crawling around her skull as she tilted her head a little, looking over at the battle that was most likely going to begin.

Carefully, I switch my position, nodding my head to Oxy in approval. He is showing his warrior blood more and more every day. Now, if only he could find an addiction must less inhibiting than those plants that are attached to his shoulder in that bag. Perhaps then I would be more willing to allow him to have a bit more of a hand in this herd. But, alas, I would still give him credit for understanding and taking a position that befit his appearance and personality.

Time to see if the bloodied one can really fight - or if she'll fall to the ground like I will make happen to you, Unheil hissed, venom forever filling his baritone voice as I rolled my eyes. One swish of my tail and I trained my mind on the souls surrounding me. I could feel each one of them, and the ease of which I could snag them. But, alas, I would not take part in this match. I would not give Eris a handicap - the only way I would yank a soul was if someone in the Asylum was hindering her concentration. It would be then, and only then that I would yank their soul and teach them a lesson. Concentration is vital - concentration is what will allow you to live...

translations-
mein puppe - my puppet
mein magier - my magician
sauer - acidic
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Confutatis cringes, flinching away from Eris’ blindness, her poisonous idiocy, her acidic rejection; Eris so arrogant, so condescending, so despicable. The frustration grows in her chest, seething, boiling, burning, scalding her heart, squeezing her lungs, thudding in the beat of her heart. Every muscle is taut, locked too tight, and she exhales, forcing away the brittle fury which will not help her in a fight. She admires the golden girl’s stupidity, lets her lips contort into a fiendish grin, wonders at how she got to be such a fucking idiot. Here she is, turning down someone real, someone better than her ragtag assemble…

In the vague indistinction at the back of her mind, where Mongrel and her mind melts together into a seething ocean of dark shadow and iron froth capping waves, there is a prickle of recognition. It is not hers.

The skull-faced girl turns, tail streaming silver behind her, nostrils flared so wide there is red and crimson, ears pricked and head drawn up, golden eye glistening and glittering in disbelief. There, standing beside the two spectators, is Seele. Interest sparks in the hellion’s eyes, the smile fades from charcoal lips, and she is a rigid shadow. Slithering from her hooves, swarming up her neck, perching on her skull, is Mongrel, teeth bared in ghostly smile. He slips from her head, landing in the sand, a snarl rumbling in his slender chest.

Confutatis barks her laughter, jagged and splintered, hoarse and rasping across her tarnished lungs, eyes gravitating back to Eris. “Sullen little bitch.” She remarks, a grin playing across her mouth. “Look through the fractured glass, see those broken images? They do not exist. Never has the Skullface pledged her allegiance before, not to you, not even to Seele, though hope I gave. You run on machinations conjured of your twisted mind, hallucinations and visions, the utter belief in your strength. You do not dare. Silk words are not steel hooves.”

And still she drives on, whispering of power, of challenges, as if she has tasted it.
Her shoulder ripple in lazy shrug as she straightens up from the incline of her head, a dip of her skull, and her ears flick back impatiently, the bones materializing on her charcoal frame; Eris’ voice is coarse velvet, and hers is broken diamonds, decay and rot and malice festering in her careless tones.

The kitsune snarls, and she feels his keen question at the back of her skull, throbbing in silent rage. There is no vocalization, no words exchanged, only the rawness of their union, the ache in their battered souls, the hunger in their eyes. His tails writhe and lash, knotting together and undoing themselves, and he twists around her sooty legs, amber eyes focused vindictively on the artfully unattractive work of abstract before them.

“Eris, glass breaks, minds fracture.” The daughter of Oblivion scowls, brows lined in thought, as if she hardly hears her. “Monsters crawl, beasts pillage. A lion swallows his cub in the bright of daylight.” Her head whips around to face Eris once more, face mocking, eyes taunting. “I am never safe. I am never happy. I am hungry, and I am never satisfied. I stalk the weak, devour the strong, always with an eye watching behind me. Your dreams of my death shall not come; the death threats I have been promised never arrive; and you are more likely to die by a mouse’s bite than I am to die of you.”

And she doesn’t walk away.
She moves to Seele.

“Lady Clownface,” Confutatis calls, voice grating and churning over the waves breaking on the shore. “I have done what you have asked. I have gathered information on the Foothills… and I know how to win an invasion.”

""

CONFUTATIS
and when you meet me, you at long last acquaintance yourself with death in all its magnificent glory.

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

The hound had watched Mistress and her friend reunite in the crumbling Marsh. But their moment of reunion ended when darkness swallowed them, and the hound had fled then, afraid to see the outcome. She didn't want to leave her Mistress behind, but something in the back of her mind screamed for her to run. So the hound of Hell was alone, her bonded no longer responding to the mental pokes and prods. It was as though something had lulled the bond between them, or severed it completely. The young hound whimpered, ears laid back as the stale scent of her bonded drifts through her snout, a brief flash of the chestnut body shimmers through her mind.

She had run fast, following the scents of the Family. The Madmen her Mistress followed, the ones that were so kind in the inside yet so dark outside. She runs to the Blue, where her Mistress's mother was laid to rest. A bad tempered stallion and his stupid mutt had run across them along with a white king and his fuzzy faced friend. The hound hadn't liked the stallion, nor the presence of her Mistresse's dam. The unsettling feeling that the mare's spirit was watching made the Hell dog's gut churn.

The dog leaps upon a ledge and howls, her tones solemn. She suddenly catches the scent of salt and the Family, her ears perking up. She leaps down, racing through the sand to find the Madmen. Excitement pounds at the hound's heart as she charges through the gathered group, her hopes too high for her to reach. She barks at the dark mare her Mistress called Seele. The hound of Hell whipped around and pointed towards the direction of the Marsh, dark brows narrowed. She then turns her head, hope glimmering in her dual tone eyes. She wags her tail, ears flicked forward. She notices there is a mare fairly familiar, one whose eyes were strange. She had only one eye to see from, and it pleased the hound. Maybe she wouldn't see her companion mysteriously turn into a snack for the Hellhond.

"Talk talk talk."
[Amara is not present, so this post is in the perspective of Sameira. c:]
Image Credits