the Rift

Let the sun show through [open]

Cin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cin was now in a jungle of trees and open canopy, letting the sun show through, beating down on his back. He had traveled very far to get to this land called Helovia. He had known about the name, because a mare he had met had told him she was off on an adventure, one seeking this land of the name Helovia. Now, he sought it and found it.

Now, he thought of his name. It meant cleaver, in a different language than the one he spoke. His mother had been smart and beautiful, as he was told. She had powers of the earth, it's healing powers. She loved her magic, but no one wanted the magic around, so they started a war. She managed to get out alive, but many other hadn't. And Cin had not. The brutal battle had left him in shards. He never wanted it to happen, again.

He now heads towards a cypress tree. It's branches twisting at the roots. It's beauty scorched his eyes, making him remember the sight of the tree. He lay down at the roots, looking up at the rays of sun that beat down on his back. He smiles a warm smile before closing his eyes ready to fall asleep.

Words of Speech.
Tags: Anyone welcome!
Notes: He might want to join the Edge, or Dragons Throat! :)

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The Lady, while she had tried to stay in the Basin, found that it was droll simply walking circles waiting for a shadow beast to come. It wasn’t that she was underestimating the seriousness of Deodat’s warning; she believed that something dangerous was brewing out there. But she figured, perhaps naively, that the Gods would at least be able to protect the forest of entry. The soldier had seen the devil far south and to the west, and it would have to travel a long way to make it to the beginning of the Helovia.

She travels through the trees, their branches golden and auburn with the dying leaves of the season, and the sun is pleasant upon her spine where it breaks through the foliage to caress her skin. For once, it is only a mild autumn day, the breeze crisp and tender as it whispers across her ears and brings a refreshing coolness to her heated skin.

Dark rimmed nostrils breath softly on the air, catching an unusual and predatory odor nearby; at first, she pays it little mind, assuming that it is only a wild animal and a quiet one at that, though it does make her mildly uneasy in the same way that the scent of a wolf does. She hears no beating of feet upon the soil, no tell tale rustles of leaves in the lonesome wood – but she is brave, foolishly so, on most days.

Pausing when she’s sure the smell is growing stronger, she peers with gold hued lenses into the world, searching for the source of the scent; she finds a gleaming white blur moving through the trees several yards away from her, on an adjacent path. Perhaps she should carry on with her day and leave the thing be, but curios is the Lady, and so she moves to arrive on the same path the creature traveled on, some ten or so feet from where he walked.

Breaking through the tree line, she peers at him curiously, taking note of the wide face and thick fur. The paws seem like those of a wild cat’s, though she has never seen a tiger; she wonders if he, too, holds claws and great teeth for destroying the flesh of which her enemies were made.

This does not reveal itself on her face, which is a perfect mask of smiles and gleeful discovery, the expression worn by any who sought to convince others to follow them home. He isn’t a unicorn, but he is also not a hornless; he is simply his own species, not a fallen beast or one who breeds with birds, and he could be quite useful, she decides. "Afternoon," she calls out to him from her lone position, gleaming and beautiful as she always is, "Are you in need of some assistance? Perhaps directions, or a home?"

If he says he’s going to the Throat or the Edge, he’s shit out of luck. She’s not going anywhere near those festering hell holes and she surely isn’t going to provide him proper directions to find them.

[ OOC: Not the Edge/Throat but.... THROWS ILLYNX AT YOU x3 ]

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

A small rustle woke him. See, there he goes again, awaking quickly to find nothing. But the sense of a presence kept him awake. He looked around, the black tip of his tail tapping the mossy ground. The eyes of a predator scanned the forest until they landed on a pretty thing. It was a brown hue with golden streaks. But one ugly thing sat upon her head. A horn. Cin didn't like horns much, but he could get used to them if he saw them everyday. She spoke to him, a kind beautiful voice. He nodded as if in a trance of her beauty. Then, shook his head like everyone, and sat up straight. "Yes, Mi'lady. Uh, I ask for a description of what you may call home?" The black and white beast had been picked up before like this. Recruited for a tribe. But not from a horse. So he had understood what she was trying to say.

Cin then noticed that she could be luring him into a trap. He sighed, a look of curiosity crept into his eye, and he could not sweep it away this time. He could not shield his emotions anymore. He now, had to show feeling on the outside again. It had been a while since he had done it. A shaking paw was lifted, long hooked claws slid from the hiding spots where he had kept them hidden. He wanted to attack her now, but he knew it would not be wise to attack if she was truly offering him a home. He let his eyes show the fearless look he kept in them during battle. He didn't want her to see him as a cowering coward. No, of course not.

Words of Speech.
Tags: @[Illynx]
Notes: XD good, then he am not shit out of luck, he am going to join you :I

She enjoyed the sharp blue gaze of the animal, admiring his own unique appearance as he did the same of her; his coat was thick and plush, and she assumed from the density of the pelt that the cold would do little to phase the cat. Unicorns could all adjust to chilly climates, as she supposed the equines and pegasi might, as well, but not all wild animals could make their home in the snow.

Her own golden streaked coat was thick for the oncoming bitterness of Frostfall, still held captive by the brilliant tones of the season of dying leaves. It was this coat that kept her contained to the cooler climates until such wintery breath broke over the land, allowing her to venture further into the south without the repercussions of sweating every step of the way.

The big cat asks her for a description of her home, and he is greeted with a bright and cheerful smile as she turns to one of her favorite subjects: "The Aurora Basin," she begins, tilting her head so that her long and golden horn points directly through the scantly leaved trees towards the mountains in which it is hidden, "to the north. It is a hidden valley located in the Frostbreath Steppe, the mountain range you can see from here; well defensible, only one path in or out, unless you can fly." That she feels distaste for this word is evident only in the way it is bitterly spat among the sugar coated harmony of the rest of her words; she has become more couth about discussing her rancorous desires in front of strangers, over time.

It surprises me, too.

"We’re mostly unicorns, but for a centaur, and the companions of the others who live there, and so flight is usually not the route we take," her smile is cheeky and humorous on her face as she takes a few steps closer to the tiger now that conversation has been fully opened, "and the valley itself is beautiful. This season, Orangemoon, is the best in which to see the lights for which it was named, so long as the rain stays away. The natural shape of it also keeps the vale warm and comfortable, despite its northern location. Then there are always the hot springs…"

Realizing she has been rambling endlessly, she smiles most coyly, her eyes narrowed in false apology for her over use of her own voice. Honestly, she can’t care any less whether he wants her to shut up or not – she could carry on for days with only a tree for company. But she also knows that it is not the best way to earn one’s allegiance, and so she deftly redirects the conversation.

"I am sorry. My love for the mountain knows no boundaries, I could talk endlessly of it to you. I am the Lady Illynx, lead mare of the Basin." Her title isn’t as flashy as she makes it sound, most of all to her – she’s become rather weary of the responsibility and endless drama that has come with her new power. But… she can’t say she’ll ever grow tired of the ability to command others to her will, or the mountain which she has risen to protect; even with all of her selfish faults, Illynx is growing into her position with ease, and while she may curse the rights given to her by Psyche, she will be loathe to forfeit them.

She’s a rather complicated creature, our Lady of the Basin. But… most women are this way, anyway, she consoles herself.

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

A few moments after the tiger had asked the question, a bright smile came across her face. She seemed bright and happy to be talking about her herdlands. Maybe too, bright and happy. When she spoke, she spoke of the Aurora Basin. It sounded like a nice land, the way she described it. But the unicorn part... The black and white beast didn't know. Cin had heard of a Centaur before. It was a horse-man thing. A different type of beast. It was an interesting sight too. A horse man. A mighty and a brave. Both, great combinations.

The lady was talking alot. Cin meant, alot it was different for a lady to go on blabbering about her home. Cin had seen nothing like it. But he stayed quite as she noticed herself, and stopped to introduce herself. Which, Cin did not notice that they had not done yet. Lady Illynx? What a interesting name. Cin wondered if she would ponder over his name, or just throw it over in her memory bin. Like everyone does. But as Cin did notice she was Lady Illynx. Leader mare of the Basin. Which the black and white cat expected was the Aurora Basin she was describing to him earlier. It had sounded like an interesting place, he had to admit. But he did not take any time to hesitate in introducing himself. He was anxious to see her reaction to his name. But of course, It was just a name. And he expected it not to change her thoughts abut him. "My name is Cin" he clearly. It felt like he was talking as smooth as glass, but on the outside he could sound like chalk on a chalk board. "I am a white tiger, why would you invite me to your... herd?" He finished staring her down. Sky blue orbs placed on a black island in a pool of gold.

Words of Speech.
Notes: He is just going to expect her to invite him. And do you want me to tag you on every post?

His name was peculiar, but she was used to such things. Take Kelec or Tonka for instance; so various were the things creatures called themselves that she held no serious contemplation of their meaning unless they were abnormally unique, such as Jorogumo and her paired combination of name and strange vocabulary. That his calling sounded unique like sin, a dirty conscious, blood red snow… it only made him more appealing, but drew no ruminations of origin or a repetition of its sound through her egotistical mind, for it was focused on one thing.

Luckily for her, he opened the conversation himself. She had figured after the statement that he would be curious as to why she would invite his presence in an obviously membership only sort of place. Her smile has never faltered, though, and she dives into an answer without the slightest hesitation, knowing that it is crucial she properly answer his inquiry.

"You seem strong," she replies honestly, ”and well suited for the climate. Your coat is something many unicorns would envy." There is a gag knotted in the back of her throat that she restrains with her tongue, her amiable expression unbroken in her lie. Perhaps they would, if only for its warmth – but the way it sags from the folds of his arms as he’s sitting there reminds her all too much of a pelt draped across its own sun bleached bones. No right minded unicorn would want to look like that. "Surely you are warm even on the coldest nights. Our patrols could use someone like you."

@[Cin]
For thresholds yeah! After that it's up to you - I keep track of my threads through bookmarks on my browser on a daily basis so I don't need to be tagged. :)

Illynx

Unregistered

Illynx replied truthfully, she spoke of him being strong... that was different. Most horses saw him as weak, or clumsy, or just plain boring. He was a tiger for the god's sake! She had told him his coat was something many would envy... was she joking? He would kill for some equine to say that to his face. He wanted to challenge her, but it would be only that of a fool. She seemed strong, her looks of beauty could trick the eye. "Ma'am you are different..." he spoke, then stopped himself. What was he doing? Was he about to turn down an offer to one of the only places that would take him in? Certainly not! "If this is an offer to your cla -herd, then I will be pleased to come, Mi'lady." He finished madly.

Cin did not want to be used, but this could be the only place he could go. If not for this clever lady he would still be sleeping, in this threshold-like place. Where others would recruit for their clans. Such of a different land, Cin did not like this system of royalties. It was simply not his thing. A high ruler could command, but a small servant could only do what they are told. A warrior could only fight, no love could interfere in their life, no woman on the battle field. It sounded like she was the highest rank, and she would do anything for this beast of a Cin. But he knew she would never say it to his face.

Words of Speech.
Notes: XD Sorry for the lateness!

She kept to mind the fact that the cat seemed quite thoughtful, the sort to take each of her words and weight them separately; that she was good at wearing her mask of gentleness filled her with a certain sense of pride in this moment, that she had reached a level of skill that left even the ponderous wondering as to her true intensions. If only this skill came with an irrefutable level of respect from those she lead, she would be quite content, though it was never so for Illynx or for any who had risen to crowns before her. Respect was what that she had come to understand as the most valuable and hard to earn object in the known universe, and that she didn’t have a scroll detailing every step she might take often left her feeling inadequate and foolish.

Not on this day, however, as she meets the sky tone gaze of the wanderer she had caught dozing away the afternoon beneath a tree with a pride that she carries even in her smallest moments. Despite her failings, the mare has never let it show on her exterior; it is an armor she has worn for most of her life, a thick metallic covering to protect her from those who surrounded her. And, while there are moments one may see the true gleaming light of her soul, they are fleeting and few.

Cin is lucky enough to experience a brief glimpse of the child that was smothered beneath the fear and hatred of her childhood herd, her laughter bubbling and delightful on the air as the creature names her as “different.” Indeed, she is, she wants to say, her eyes crinkling happily in her mirth, but just look at yourself!

"It takes all sorts," she breathily chimes, her laughter leaving her slowly and with a ringing and pleasant echo of the noise in her head, both her whole ear and the one marred by the acidic bite of Confutatis rising to catch the tiger’s words of acceptance to her loosely dangled offer. Smart, she thinks to herself, angling her frame back around so that it is partially turned to view the black and white beast’s body but also so that she may return down the path that led her to him, back to the mountain.

Pointing the way with her slender golden horn, her former laughter and enthusiasm for another successful venture into the forest of beginnings lights up the backs of her eyes, burning as if consumed in a peaceful flame. "Ah, then it is this way," she says softly, turning fully about now that she is sure the tiger will follow her – though she is still wary of the claws and teeth that were built most specifically to consume flesh.

Flesh that she is made of.

Her shudder is suppressed in the form of a few bouncy forward steps, playful and out of character for a mature mare to show (not that she didn’t know it seemed that way, of course), her limbs dancing beneath her in a quick and upbeat trot-like motion before she assures he is following her with a glance back and a delighted smile. "Be sure to keep note of where we are. I’ll point out things along the way. Should take us the better part of the rest of the day and evening to make it home, but I assure you, it is well worth the climb."

And with that, she was off, chatting away about whatever natural landmarks they passed, or the various herds and their general location, though she would not delve into political ties unless the creature asked it of her. She wanted the satisfaction of the query, the ability to supply him the answer – and that couldn’t happen if she gave all the information away for free.

[ OOC: Welcome to the Basin! I'll have a welcoming thread up for you in the Aurora Basin sometime soon. If you get on, your rank is changed, and I haven't put one up yet, feel free to do so on your own and I'll be in there shortly! ]
Illynx

Unregistered

A few moments had passed them, while Illynx thought about what he had said. it felt good to get away from the talk for a moment. Refresh his mind and soul for different things to come. Cin stayed there quitely, not talking or doing anything. Just sat and watched the mare. Her eyes deep in thought.

That laugh. No, cackle of a sort, it was hideous and... different. She was a beauty, but this was not one of her qualities. Cin stayed quiet as she spoke, he knew she would be heading off right now, so why not? He kept his head high though, he didn't want her to take any advantage of him, so he held his guard. Cin thought it over very nicely before he decided not to hurt her and run, so he just simply listened to her last words, before they were off into the world. Leaving this gateway where the clans could grab their new recruits. He smiled at the thought of hurting the mare. Spoiling her good looks, she would get over it though.

He stayed in back of her, he knew indeed that she could buck, and if she did, wow. That would not look good. A hoof in the eye. Ouch. But Cin knew how far away to walk, so he did. His heart beating a little faster every time she spoke of a different landmark. It had meant they were getting closer and closer to their destination. The land he was going to now call home. It was scary, the feeling of the new, it frightened him and every way. Change, new friends and life. It was scary, and Cin didn't know what to do.

Words of Speech.
Notes: :) Thanks Bunnie!