the Rift

[OPEN] It's A Dirty World

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

Another of his home soon joined, and Apollo glanced to his right to eye the mare who had arrived. A hardy, sturdy thing she seemed to be, a Pegasus full of fire and grit that made up most potential warriors, and briefly Apollo wondered just who she was. It served as a reminder that he did not know many of his own brothers and sisters, during such busy and tumultuous times, but knowing that she stood at his side against this unwanted visitor was reassuring. As he often did, Apollo offered Brighid a respectful nod, then turned his eyes towards Adrixaura. He did not take kindly for the way that the freckled mare treated the Pegasus.

"Whatever you must say to me, mare, you can say to my goodly sister. If it is so important that you would interrupt my patrols, then get on with it."

He didn't have to wait long. Dark ears flicked forward and listened as she spoke... And spoke, and spoke, regaling them with events long-passed. Adrixaura spoke of being able to help them, of offering herself as a traitorous spy of sorts, sneaking and spying upon enemies and allies alike. Immediately Apollo wanted nothing to do with the offer. It was a betrayal of trust that she spouted, and he would never do such a thing to those that he called brothers and sisters. Phaedra served as their intelligence, even with the departure of the Grey, and they were granted their own branches of spies and the like. What would Adrixaura be able to offer them that they could not do themselves?

A snort escaped the Merciful Chief, his eyes hardening. "Adrixaura," he began, his vocals softer than they had been upon his first words to her, "For any pain that you have experienced due to the Grey, I sincerely apologize for, but that is a life that has long-passed. I have told you already; the Grey is no more. I, myself, am the one who dispersed it. The offer that you have given us, here and now, I see as the ultimate act of distrust and betrayal."

He paused only for a moment, an ear flicking back. "I have shed blood for this home, and to gain our allies through respectful acts; with words. Your acts of espionage would do nothing but harm our foundation. If you claim you could steal and swindle secrets from our 'enemies and allies alike', who's to say that you won't give away our secrets for the right price?"

Apollo's head lifted, honey-brown eyes glancing to Brighid to gauge her reaction before he refocused upon Adrixaura. The words that he spoke next were full of muted kindness, as he truly didn't want to send her away in hatred. "I apologize for this wasted time, Adrixaura, but the Foothills will not be accepting your offer."

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
It's A Dirty World - by Adrixaura - 12-25-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: It's A Dirty World - by Apollo - 12-26-2013, 07:20 AM
RE: It's A Dirty World - by Brighid - 12-26-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: It's A Dirty World - by Adrixaura - 12-26-2013, 10:22 AM
RE: It's A Dirty World - by Apollo - 12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: It's A Dirty World - by Brighid - 12-27-2013, 05:03 PM