the Rift

[OPEN] Six Degrees Of Separation

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Only when Africa left the girdle of fierce protection offered by the Throat’s well endowed army, did she ever feel like a rose among thorns; feeble and exposed to those villains who sought only to eradicate the harmony of the herd she loved. By the grace of this territory, she felt safe and secure, and that was the reason for her endeavouring to bring Windwalker so far into the blistering southern desert. She hoped earnestly, that as he settled into the new life he had so bravely accepted, the bruised stallion might too feel that encompassing wellbeing that held the grim burden of her disability at bay.

As the cool fluid seeped through her core, Africa listened still attentively while he spoke to her. There was no rush now; no wolves snapping at fleeing heels, nor urgency to fall into the arms of home, and the young dappled mare finished her fill so that she was restored at least for another half day. "My heart?” She repeated quietly and thoughtfully as the lake dribbled from her lifting lips. Her mind danced away to find the warm glow of her bonded’s presence, but he was not yet close enough that she could feel him. Already she missed him; yearned for him to again stand upon her withers with that delicate, though powerful grip- Africa knew that those feelings were not what the stallion had meant though.

The Oracle thought harder, challenged to find something which stirred her passion to ache.

"For my family.” She said at last, unable to push beyond her deep, adoring love for this herd and all that kindness which had been given to her by it. "I would do anything to bind our herd together and hold them close.” What she didn’t mention, though a glassy hint passed fleeting through the rich glow of her moon-shroud eyes, was that all she held so dearly was at the mercy of a secret withheld from them- one which spelt treason and disgrace. For all of Africa’s compassion and care, she walked the brink of alienation and had not the courage to face it.

An urge began to swell through her pulse, and she turned her face towards Windwalker with a frail smile. "Are you tired? I am; that walk is so draining at the best of times.” She paused for an answer to be given, and then continued with a voice lowered to sooth the sleep of those creatures that could not bear the night. "You don’t have to rest alone. Why don’t you come to the sacred fire of our home? It is my task to tend it and I really should return...” Still the smile remained strewn across her lips and it grew steadier as she had continued with her invitation- at least if Wind could not sleep, they would be in fine company together to see the night through. The Oracle rarely slept nowadays, and while she did prefer mostly the isolation offered by the fire’s distance to the Throat, she felt a sense of responsibility to see to this friend’s comfort- especially during his first night home.

Africa

Messages In This Thread
Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-26-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-28-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-30-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-31-2013, 05:23 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-31-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-31-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 01-01-2014, 07:31 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 01-02-2014, 06:15 AM