the Rift

[OPEN] The Water Gift {Rasta, Any}

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
At the rippling of the vibration I had cast across the lands the young one stirred, turning towards me with her horn a gleaming in the afternoon light. She seemed to drink me in, trying to find out everything she could about my appearance. But I could fight her with my eyes shut - and most likely come out victorious from my years upon years of training. But she did not know that, and my fragile appearance only continued that masquerade. She spoke a hello, and then said that she liked my marking. The one thing that's a reminder of the pain, the other half I'd lost, Carefully I narrow my eyes, giving a nod in hello along with another swish of my tail, another ripple radiating throughout the lands around me.

It was then that trouble came. A hawk right before my eyes, much like mine had done in time's past. His frame lingering in front of me and I'm reaching out, pleading to the God's that maybe he was back. But as I go to touch his frame my maw goes right through and the image wavers uncontrollably. I back up, tears beginning to fill my eyes as my chest and throat tighten. Was that how my hawk had died? Swallowed by some unknown substance and fading into nothing? Suddenly, I felt sick. My fault. My fault. I screamed at myself in my head as some tears began to slide down my face.

The pain lasted longer than the time given allowed, for I had to try and force the tears from my eyes the second I saw a hazy, chestnut form beginning to land not far off from us. Large wings were spread and the hooves kicked up dust as they landed on the soil, galloping a few strides to slow and stop without crashing onto his face before he turned back toward us, making haste in our direction. My name is called, with more emotion than he had upon the meeting not but a few days prior. There was almost a tenderness to it, but the gaze which the unicorn received was far more violent and accusatory. Cautiously, Rasta moved closer to the towering stag, her audits pinning ever so slightly at the mare by the water. Hector asked the questions which had been plaguing her mind since she had run across the darker mare.

She did not touch him, but she sheltered herself where the wings would not hit her should they open, and where (if the unicorn chose to attack with some form of magic) she had a warrior between her and whatever it was that was coming at them. That way, should her powers of sending the vibrations through the earth be needed, she could attempt to assist the gentle giant near her.

Of course, Rasta was not one to judge - but without a voice to ask questions everyone she didn't recognize was a threat to her safety, threat to everyone's safety...

Messages In This Thread
The Water Gift {Rasta, Any} - by Cypress - 12-26-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: The Water Gift {Rasta, Any} - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 05:22 AM
RE: The Water Gift {Rasta, Any} - by Cypress - 01-04-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: The Water Gift {Rasta, Any} - by Hector - 01-05-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: The Water Gift {Rasta, Any} - by Rasta - 01-05-2014, 02:42 AM
RE: The Water Gift {Rasta, Any} - by Cypress - 01-10-2014, 10:15 PM