the Rift

[OPEN] she's a ghost, unseen by the eyes of men.

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
She had left Nato behind, swerving off the worn path. She followed the gentle hum of magic, straight to a towering tree, one that was far larger than her. It had given her something special, something delicate that she would hold forever and always. Having taken moss, twigs and leaves, she attempted to weave the little egg a basket. It looked sloppily made, but it would have to do for the little creature. She had attempted to craft a makeshift handle to use for the little creature, but it broke halfway back to the Edge. She had then taken a large sheet of moss and bundled the egg into it like a sack. With moss between her teeth she walks towards the Edge, the egg safely in the moss bundle.

A gentle grunt resonates from the glass girl as she approaches a land shrouded in mists. The scent of pine and burning wood was strong, but the girl could not smell it. Her glass nostrils flared yet no air or scents flowed through, all because there was no where for it to go. A stern look crosses the girl's face, her brows closer together. In the midst of day one would barely see her, for she is nearly invisible against the sun's radiant rays. However, at this time in the night, when Mother Moon is fullest, she is visible. Her glass body shimmers in the pale moonlight, reflecting the moon's radiance. Her eyes dart towards the shimmering before her, stained orbs tracing the outline of something glass like. Her eye's widen as she strides ever closer to the structure, curled lobes perked.

She gentle sets down the egg so she can raise her head to stare face to face with this massive structure. Turning her head to the right, all she sees is glass expanding farther beyond the eye can see. She turns to the left, and the same goes. How would one get it? She wonders, taking a hesitant step away from her egg. Her eyes are being tricked, the near invisible glass similar to that which she is crafted from, but at the same time it is not of the same material. Her body was made from tears of sorrow and mourning herd mates while this wall must be of actual glass. Her lips open gently, her voice echoing against the side of the structure. "Hello? N-Nato?" Her voice is soft and gentle, lost in the mists shrouding this land. She assumed this was the World's Edge, only because it fit the misty description Nato had given her in the Threshold.

"She talk talk talks."
[open for the Edge, someone to accept her into the herd would be magnificent :D]
image credit to wintersmagicstock

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Once again, Nasreen found herself hovering at the border of the Edge. The milky moonlight illuminated the wall beside her and muted her coppery red tones to a deep silvery-grey, giving her the appearance of a strange specter as she lingered at the opening. At least for now, the mare had decided to call the Edge her home, so it was strange that on more than one occasion she had wound up at the only break in the wall that encircled the territory. Why she had not explored it more, she could not explain, but she had felt the world beyond the wall calling. Perhaps it was because she had subconsciously concluded that the way back to her homeland, Th’orqui, could not possibly lie within the Edge. From her short flights, she could see that one side was rimmed by the sea, and she had gathered that the rest was encircled by glass. No, the only way home was out, but Nasreen was not yet brave enough to venture forth by herself.

The faintest whisper drifted towards her on the breeze, and Nasreen pricked her ears, listening. She had never been particularly afraid of ghosts, but she had to admit that the cold and misty moonlight lent a perfectly ordinary wood a rather haunting aura. Her grey eyes scanned the treeline outside the wall, yet she saw noth--wait. The faintest outline was glowing in the moonlight. The mare was only a few hundred yards away, startling Nasreen. The girl omitted a soft gasp, and almost instinctively took flight, but curiosity got the better of her. After all, she’d never seen a ghost. And then a thought occurred to her—could this spectral creature be the moon goddess that Kahlua had spoken of?

The thought was delicious, perfectly lovely! In Th’orqui, the ones that the gods graced with their presence were few and far between. Was she about to become one of them? Trying her best to contain her excitement, Nasreen took her first steps out of the Edge since arriving. “It is an honor,” she called reverently, approaching the mysterious figure who lingered in the trees. As she drew closer, she could see that the mare was carrying something—Nasreen couldn’t quite make out what it was—in her mouth. More importantly, she seemed to be made of the same stuff as Kahlua’s wall. Hadn’t Kahlua said something about the moon goddess giving her that power? Now if this crystalline creature wasn’t the goddess herself, who else could she be?

OOC: I hope you don’t mind that I threw her in here! Nasreen’s new to Helovia, and she’s never seen any of its deities, and since she’s not originally from here, she has no idea what they’re supposed to look like. She’s a little…confused XD
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Absent Abyss
The girl is startled by an approaching figure, one with large wings tucked in at the sides. Her stained eyes widen as she walks from the other side of the wall, auds wavering. She gaps at the sight of the glass maiden, making her curious and fearful all at once. She steps back as the mare draws in, mouth open slightly. "It is an honor." Curiously, the girl steps forth, a brow raised. Was she being confused for someone? Something, perhaps? Whatever the case, she was not some powerful deity, nor a ghost from the mare's past. Glancing away from the mare, she opens her lips. "I-I think you're mistaken..."

Her gaze shifts to the small, mossy bundle behind her. She lets her tail glide over it, fearing this mare may take it from her. Glancing back at the wall, the girl offers more words. "Is this the World's En-er.. Edge?" She stutters, voice a mere whisper in the misty night. She gazes at the chestnut, admiring how her coat was dipped in a fine pearl coat. I had a beautiful coat once... she frowns, the sudden flash of her once gold coat shimmies into her head. It was then that she saw blood spray across the golden surface, a sickening laugh echoing through her mind. A near violent shiver runs down her lithe frame, the girl's frosted lids closing. Opening them after a few moments to recollect, the girl sends a gentle smile to her kissers. "I suppose I should introduce myself."

She waits hesitantly, stained pools flickering to the grey orbs of the mare before her. Opening her lips, she offers a name for herself. "Y-you may call me Ayelet." Eyes are drawn to the massive appendages folded at the chestnut's sides, then to the fading tail she carries behind her. "You happen to b-be?" She cannot help but stutter with her words, trip over them, her legs flimsy. It was not her fault she was made this way, in fact, she hadn't wanted to be this way at all. She had wanted to die normally, live in peace beside her mother and father. But the Gods denied her entry to the Heavens, instead throwing her back to the Mortals like a piece of unwanted flesh. She glances back at the mossy bundle, motioning towards it. "If you're w-wondering, that's... it's an egg I earned from a.. a tree." It sounded odd, and so she adds a last piece to complete the puzzle. "A giving tree."

"She talk talk talks."

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Kahlua's life was easy now, so much easier than it had been before. She no longer had to prove to Lace and Aaron that she was a worthy tutor, she no longer had to prove to Mirage that she was a worthy herd member, she no longer had to prove to Resplendence that she was a good friend (although she should probably have worked more on proving that she had a brain inside of her head). The girl's life was carefree now, and it gave her a lot of time. A lot of time for what? Even Kahlua didn't know that. For now, she was working on it. She really needed another hobby.

For now, with the moonlight rising overhead, Kahlua decided to walk. Her copse was quiet and safe, but even the special cove of trees could not save the girl from the terrible dreams that haunted her and night and so she decided to move instead of rest. She was not yet ready for the terrors that came in her nighttime fantasies. Before leaving her safe place, she did two things. One, she gathered up the small, robotic scorpion that Ulrik had made her and let it settle in her forelock between her ears. It seemed to like the location, if robotics had feelings and could like things. In all likelihood it was just programmed to sit there, but Kahlua liked to anthropomorphize and so she decided that it did feel. The other thing she did was call upon the mists. The moon goddess had granted her the ability to turn her body to mist once again, and so she did, feeling her body enveloped by the moisture and feeling her gait become light and springy, faster than she was used to, and less tiring.

As she walked along she looked for one in particular- Kaj. She hadn't found a moment alone with him since... Well, since a very long time. She wanted his company, more than others for some reason. But tonight she was not lucky and she would not find him. She sighed.

Eventually, her wanderings took her to the glass barrier that guarded her home and moved to the doorway. It was there that she found the two mares, though the one was decidedly hard to see. For a moment Kahlua thought she might be enveloped in the mists, but she knew her trade well and within moments she had decided the woman was made of glass. Forgetting that she was enveloped in the mists, Kahlua opened her mouth agape and gasped. “You're beautiful,” she said in awe, thoughts dancing to her brief encounter with Seele. The girl arrived just in time to hear the other introduce herself as Ayelet and so decided to introduce herself. “Hello friend, I'm Kahlua.” Then with a passing glance to Nasreen, Kahlua bobbed her head. “And Nasreen, I hope you're settling in well.” Above her, the robotic creature clicked a few times as its gaze switched between the two mares, watching them both.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Briskly moving through the Threshold pine, Nato searches out the glittering mare that seemed to have vanished before his eyes on their journey here. The glass Unicorn couldn’t have made it too far on her own; but then again maybe she just kept in the same direction and used a different path. All these life forms he was bringing into this herd, and would probably get no recognition for it. But he paid that no mind, as he wouldn’t need anyone to tell him “Job well done” to keep him afloat. He fed of other things, like the fact he didn’t have to fight every day; not anymore. Though, he was probably due for one.

Ink painted lobes flick erect to the sound of lyrics floating upon the gentle breeze. Nostrils flare and inhale the mixture of scents that stood upon the horizon. Three voices, and yet only two different smells- there was one missing. Ayelet. He thought to himself as he pranced through the pine, emerging from the shadows with heavy strides as he pulled closer to the trio. There was the glass Unicorn, a painted mare and a painted Pegasus. Arching his neck, happy to have found his new arrival he slowed his pace, as he neared the trio.

"Glad to see you made it." His tone was soft, but rumbled through his chest as he approached them. Footfalls lighter now as he eased to a stop a few paces away from the glass unicorn. His crimson eyes gazing over her clear glittering form; catching his breath, he turned to face the other maidens, like him also bias in hue. "I’m afraid we’ve not yet met, I’m Nato." He breathed, dipping his head like a gentleman to both the ladies. He remained silent, unsure what conversation he had just interrupted.

[ooc: So sorry! Holidays had me strapped. <3]

Nato

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
“I think you’re mistaken…” The goddess speaks in a whisper, and Nasreen, who had begun to bow low, raises her head in confusion. Before she can question the deity though, she speaks again, in a low stutter that Nasreen would have deemed decidedly un-goddess-like had the creature not been made with such undeniable magic. “Is this the Word’s En-er…Edge?” the mare inquires, and Nasreen nods happily, relieved to know one thing for sure. “Yes…it is…” She struggles, unsure how to address the goddess. It is as if the mare has read her thoughts; when her low murmur slips though the mist again, she is smiling softly, introducing herself as Ayelet.

“You happen to b-be?” Nasreen starts, embarrassed. “Oh! Forgive me, my--Ayelet, I am Nasreen. Of Th’orqui?” she finishes hesitantly, uncomfortably unaware of godly etiquette. But Aylet barely seems to notice her awkward addition; she is gesturing to the thing she had been carrying: a bundle wrapped in moss, which she says is an egg. Nasreen’s ears prick in interest. She has no idea what the goddess could be doing with the egg, but it is not really her place to ask, just as it is not her place to ask why the goddess doesn’t know where she is. “Oh…?” she fumbles. Nasreen’s heart is beginning to sink as she speaks (or rather, as she attempts to speak). Normally, conversation was so easy to make! But what did one say to a deity?

Another voice, familiar this time, cuts through the mist like the merry chime of a bell. Kahlua! Nasreen is momentarily distracted, torn between turning to greet her friend and turning her back on Aylet. Fortunately, Kahlua solves her problem by approaching. “Hello friend, I’m Kahlua.” Nasreen’s ears flop to the side in confusion. Friend? Was this not a goddess? But Kahlua has turned to her. “Nasreen, I hope you’re settling in well.”

“Oh yes!” the girl replies, pouncing upon the opportunity to speak. “I was just looking for you when I met…Ayelet.” Nasreen’s eyes search the overo’s, looking for a hint as to this mare’s identity. Was she a goddess, or wasn’t she?

She is still wondering when another figure steps out of the trees. The horned male approaches the group, addressing Aylet. “Glad to see you made it,” he tells her, and it is beginning to dawn on Nasreen that she may have made a dreadful mistake. His tone, while polite, suggests none of the reverence that the presence of a goddess would have accorded. If not a goddess, what strange magic held this creature together then? The stallion’s voice interrupted Nasreen’s thoughts. “I’m afraid we’ve not yet met, I’m Nato.”

“I’m Nasreen,” she replies, politeness superseding her curiosity. “Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

Absent Abyss
She watches the girl begin to bow to her, but stop when she stutters. The girl does not want to be mistaken for an all powerful goddess, because she was in fact the complete opposite of all powerful. She was a weak, tattered soul that wanted nothing more than to be at peace, to finally sink into serenity. Her question of whether or not this was the herd Nato had told her of was answered, the chestnut girl nodding her head. Gentle, stuttered words slip from her tongue as she speaks. The two mares seem to have troubles with their words, why the pegasus had her troubles the mare did not know.

She introduces herself as Nasreen, of some land the mare did not know. Her head tilts off to the side at the mention of this name, Th'orqui. Never had she heard of Th'orqui, and if she had a flashback would have raided her mind. But no, there are no memories of this land. Frowning, the mare lets free a fluttering moment of words, her melodies gentle. "Th'orqui? Tell me of this land you speak." She wonders, delicate glass ears suddenly perked forward. Knowledge intrigued her, her mind constantly wishing to grasp more and more knowledge. She seems confused by the girl's mentioning of her recently received egg. Had she never seen an egg like this before?

A sweet-as-honey voice rings through her lobes, head turning. A misty form stands before them. She gasps as the misty mare introduces herself as Kahlua. She appeared all powerful with her misty appearance, making the girl wonder if she was a deity of this land, or a protector of this herd. The familiar dark form of Nato seeps into her vision, crown turning. "Nato." She whispers gently, a delicate smile crossing over her delicate lips. "Apologies that I left you... something called to me." She motions towards the egg covered in a layer of glass fibers, a cocoon of her glass hair to keep it safe. She straightens her posture, opening her lips to speak gentle melodies a plenty. "However, who must I speak with to enter the Edge?"
"She talk talk talks."

Glad to see you made it. Kahlua smiled, a nod given to the stallion as he appeared from the shadows. And all at once their party of three had grown to a party of four, all the merrier for the painted woman. So, while he was taking a moment to chat, the girl took a moment to study the mare made of glass. The smooth curvature of her body, the clarity of her body. It was all odd, like she was one of Kahlua's creations and yet... And yet she moved, walked, spoke. In her chest, the heart of red, suspended, but for what? And her hair.... Where the individual hairs sharp, like needles, would they puncture flesh the way glass slivers do? And would the woman break if struck? So many questions that Kahlua could not answer, not the least of which was how had this mare come to be, come to have life where she should not have one. But Kahlua was kind, so she did not ask them, she simply smiled.

I was just looking for you, Nasreen offered, and in sudden memory, like she was realizing her folly, Kahlua let the mists fall from her body and she was no longer a misty specter but a woman, solid and painted, a mere mare beside the glass beauty. Like Nasreen, Kahlua would have thought Ayelet a goddess if she hadn't just met the Moon Goddess, known the way the air thickened when the gods were within them, known the way their grandeur permeated everything in the area, the way it felt. No, even with so many questions, there was one thing the girl was certain of. This was no goddess.

“Kahlua,” she repeated with a nod of her head to Nato, bobbing genially. And all introductions made at last, the girl tried to answer each question in turn. “We can speak after, if you wish, Nasreen,” she offered, wondering if the girl had made any progress in her search for Th'orqui. For her own part, Kahlua had been miserably inadequate as a guide. She needed to step up her game, her search for information on the mare's homeland. “As for entering the Edge, I am qualified for that,” she laughed. “I am our Glazier, our crafter. You wish to join us?” Her eyes ended upon Ayelet, awaiting her answer.

Hidden Account
Candy

The painted stallion has really changed his persona to live here. He was born and raised in lands where if they were not Unicorn, they were not to be befriended. But what of this madness now, that seemed to plague his blood; the kindness he seemed to offer anymore was often a surprise to him, but perhaps also a new way of living. Crimson eyes paraded around the figure of the glass maiden, how she worked, ticked and held together was really amusing, intriguing as well as tiring to think about. Holding his calm collective, he turned to gaze upon the Pegasus mare as she introduced herself as Nasreen, a gentle smile ruffled his lips as he admired her beauty- Pegasus or not. A soft dip of his crown to her as he turned back to Ayelet; as she spoke an apology unto him.

" ‘Tis quite alright Ayelet." His eyes follow her gaze to the egg wrapped carefully in her glass fibers. Head cocked in question to where it had come from, or has it been there all along and he just didn’t notice it? Crimson eyes shifted to rest upon the painted mare who spoke her name Kahlua. He returned the bob of his head as he listened to her address Nasreen, and then Ayelet, to answer her question.

It was true that Nato didn’t really have the option to give out rights to join the herd, but simply just offer an invitation. Could one of these mares perhaps invite her within the walls of the Edge? It had been Lace himself that brought him and his daughter within the borders, but what of the others he had just dropped off at the edge of the glass? Though, before he could ask the same question, or even answer it Kahlua spoke cheerfully, extending her invitation and telling us her rank. A Glazier, a crafter? Was it you that built that wall? Nato looked upon Kahlua intently, before turning upon Ayelet, wondering if she would decide to stay in this place, it’s about as close to heaven as you want to be.

Nato

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  peel back the layers and see what i've become</style>

"Eenie meenie miney moe. Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers let him go. Eenie. Meenie. Miney. Moe..." She had been circling around the gathered horses as spoke in a singsong voice, eyes traveling from one horse to the next as she tried to decide who it was she wanted to go after. The horned mare? The pegasus mare? Then there was the equine mare and the unicorn stallion. Her bony tail twitched in time with her words and the grass at her hooves died away with each step she took. Droplets of blood speckled the ground and she giggled as her gaze fell on poor Kahlua when the song had come to an end. How fitting. The happiest and most innocent looking of all of them.

The stallion would have his time because she would remember the sinister look of him, but first the light would have to be choked out of the most upbeat of all.

The filly moved in quickly, skeletal wings flailing to knock away any that might try to help the Edge's glazier as her teeth sought out the mare's flesh. She danced around her, the ruined hooves that had once shone golden cracked and bleeding, leaving a trail. "One by one you will all fall." She crooned to the group before continuing her assault on Kahlua. Ruined hooves flashed out, the kick aimed for the paint's rib cage. Ranjiri laughed again. "Embrace the darkness. Its much easier, my dear." She skipped several paces away then stopped and turned to watch and see if her handiwork took affect or if she would have to work on it again.

@[Random Event]

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

All the sudden there was a new face added to the group, a black and gold... Kahlua didn't even know what to call it, but she shuddered at the sight. And her heart chilled and her blue eyes grew wide, rimmed with white. And then the mare, if you could even call her that, was speaking, a dancing rhythm that seemed to bounce with every step took. For her own part, Kahlua began to shift nervously back and forth and her hooves, rocking nervously in place, instantly trying to find an escape route. The glass wall was so near, all she had to do was run, but.... she couldn't make it happen. Her hooves would not work, her limbs heavy like lead, and all she could think to do was yell to the others as the monstrous apparition came towards her. “Nevermind, you're welcome to the Edge, now RUN!”

As for herself, she only stumbled back a useless step as the skeletal mare came towards her, and a terrible scream parted her lips as the monster's teeth sunk into her flesh. Her shoulder, her perfectly beautiful shoulder. The pain was terrible, a bruise settling in quickly on her shoulder, fur getting torn away from flesh. But try as she might, urge her limbs though she tried, she could not get herself into motion and her eyes watered with fear as the monster mare reared up, hooves lashing out. One, two. Hooves connected solidly and Kahlua grunted, stumbling to the side, as more bruises popped up under white fur. “STOP IT!” she yelled uselessly, though it seemed to take effect. The monster mare walked away laughing, saying something about the darkness. As for Kahlua, she just shuddered and finally let a tear fall. Her limbs were still useless, broken, and for the first time in a long time she thought of Onni and wished the mare was here to tackled her into motion once more.

On her head, the robotic scorpion watched all this happen. And if it would have had feelings, it would have certainly attacked Kahlua for being so useless. But since it was nothing but simple machine it only watched, taking in everything with it's lifeless, metal eyes.

Absent Abyss
It comes upon them as a beast of night, stalking through the shadows with demonic thoughts.

She does not see it's shimmering bodice slip through the shadows as words so cold ring through the misty edge. Delicate lobes are slipped back as a childish song is sung upon rotted lips. The girl's heart stops for several moments as panic rushes through her fragile mind and body. She doesn't know what to do, her limbs are solidified, and she cannot move. It was as though the Gods of her land had hardened her shell, turned her to stone so that she could watch her newly made acquaintance be attacked by a demon. She feels the need to fall over and sob, fear prying at her exposed heart. Glancing towards Nato and the chestnut mare, she wants to gather closer to them, use them as her flesh wall. Her eyes are forced upon the dark beast and Kahlua, watching as a trap is sprung. She watches flesh meet maw as the rotting creature bites into the dark shoulder of her newly made herdmate. She wants to intervene, throw herself before the beast, sacrifice herself. But it wouldn't be pleasant. She would likely shatter into a million pieces and be released into the night air, her soul finally free. She wanted to do it, to end her pointless suffering, yet Mother Moon and Brother Night whispered for her not to. They pleaded with her, their voices ringing out in harmony as she imagines herself doing it now, breaking apart into minuscule particles and being carried off in the wind.

You will not feel bliss, not now, not ever.

Sister Earth's words are cold, harsh as a Winnerium night. She blinks, frosted lids gliding over stained pools. With a swift move she easily fastens the moss bundle between her teeth. Finally she can retreat, her limbs beginning to work for her once more. Taking several steps back, she flees towards the glimmering glass of the wall, praying she will be safe inside the borders of her new home. She stops and turns, multicolored eyes finding the black stallion she had met in the Threshold. She calls to him, not even needing to remove the moss from her lips, for that is not where her sounds reside. "Nato!" She calls, her voice coming from the heart, echoing inside the glass before finding freedom. She wants him to follow her, even though she should be fearful of men. The last man she trusted got her pregnant, and with that he got her killed. She felt nothing towards the stallion other than a respect, for he seemed... kinder than most she had met.
"She talk talk talks."
[i think i should be posting now... >.>;; if i'm not supposed to post now then just tell me. c:]

Hidden Account
Candy

There was another being drifting alongside them in the darkness. Seeming appearing out of no where, how did she go so undetected? The aura, the stench about the gold and black nightmare was wrathful, her words empty and full of demons as she circled round. Crimson eyes narrowed, the reflected no fear however, but a type of lust. To make another bleed, to hunt, to kill. Cannons shifted, as the painted maiden standing aside him began to show her nervousness. Audits pinned against his skull as he shifted his glance between everyone here, and at the same time not wanting to take his eyes off this minuscule threat. But what is that thing?

"Kahlua." Nato whispered, but the demonic nightmare edged closer to them. Speaking a childish riddle laced with laughter. It was creepy, and Nato just couldn't handle to keep steady anymore. His weight shifted, as he moved closer to Ayelet. Crimson oculars glaring upon the golden nightmare that drifted before them. And all too suddenly, it moved swiftly and charged at Kahlua as she screamed for them to run. Nato hesitated, hooves buried in the moist earth. Eyes forcing away and turning to Nasreen and Ayelet as he pushed in their direction stomping his hooves, hoping to aid their movement. The glass maiden echoed his name loudly over the mists of the edge; and for once in his long life- He cared about those he didn't know. His dignity didn't want to leave the painted maiden to deal with this creature.

But he'd have to think swiftly.

Rearing up to the sound of Kahlua's painful scream, it brought him flashbacks, emotion of hate and pain from his past. A shrill of his own echoed through the night as he turned and looked back to her. Lobes lifting from his head, in awe as he watched the hooves of the demon connect with her shoulder. That sound, of hoofs to flesh was all to painful. He cringed, and swallowed deeply as he released a confusing grunt while turning back to Ayelet, letting his mind do the thinking he pulled his steps into motion. "This way," His voice trembling- not with fear, but worry. It was still soft and assuring, but loud enough to mean business. Pulling ahead of Ayelet; he lead her to the opening in the walls of the Edge. If she walked through, She would be safe here, wouldn't she? His mind raced, wondering where his daughter was. The beast shook his head vigorously, anger no.. rage building up inside. He couldn't let that thing in here, for Nyx.. for Lace.

"Please, Ayelet- Nato spoke as he turned to her, concern in his eyes. "you and Nasreen need to flee as deep as you can into the Edge." Eyes shifting back through the glass and looking upon the silent companion that stood out there with a demon. "I can't leave Kahlua out there, I can't let that thing in here." His coat quivered with adrenaline, as he lowered his head. And walked back through the gate wall; hoping that the two mares he just left behind would be safe. Although he wasn't going far.

The pace of the hunter quickened; his eyes resting upon the damaged Kahlua only becoming even more enraged, as he turned to the demonic nightmare that stood painted in black and gold. He was confused, why wasn't the painted mare running; why didn't she move.. "Leave her alone Demon." His voice a low rumble, a growl as he flattened his ears against his lowered skull, eyes looking to the painted mare, as the scent of her blood laced the air in his lungs.. "Kahlua.. go why don't you run?" He questioned harshly, stepping slowly closer to the mare, easing in with caution. Hooves seized their motion, as he got a closer look at the obsidian beast, what was this.. thing.

"LEAVE HERE!" He screamed to the demonic Hybrid.

[ooc: Nato can be attacked if you like. But it's not in his nature to run away from a fight. :3]

OOC EDIT: As we talked about no one is really going to reply to here because either they have made it to the sanctuary or have ran off. Kahlua said she pretty much started crying and ran away xD So, Nato is just going to wig out and panic back into the walls of the Edge looking for Nyx.]

Nato

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Kahlua is attacked by Ranjiri. Kahlua becomes infected.

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Nasreen nodded to Kahlua—she was itching to tell her about her adventures thus far. But before she had a chance to reply, the sound of hooves on moss caught her attention once more. The wall was busy tonight. The splash mare pricked her ears, peering into the shadowy depths of the woods. Who was this newcomer? Her grey eyes widened in innocent anticipation.

A figure reached the treeline, and stepped into the moonlight. Time seemed to stand still. She?--it was unlike anything Nasreen had ever seen, and unlike anything she ever hoped to see again. It was dark, decayed, diseased. Its voice was high, nightmarish, crooning a lullabye that simultaneously sent a chill down her spine and licked at her heart like a ravenous flame. “Eenie meenie miney moe. Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers let him go. Eenie. Meenie. Miney. Moe...”

Its shrill sing-song was drowned out only by Nasreen’s scream. The pegasus was frozen, mouth open in one long, unending note of terror, as the demon advanced on Kahlua. Bony, bloody, evil…with great ragged wings sprouting from torn shoulders, wings that reached to embrace Kahlua and swallow her whole. Adrenaline and fear surged through Nasreen’s veins at this realization. It was as if the demon had sensed it. “One by one you will all fall,” it hissed. Was it just her, or did those red eyes flicked from Kahlua to Nasreen as she cackled? Nasreen had never known terror like this before—not when she had escaped from a burning homeland, not when Amara had died and left her alone in the woods, not when she had entered this strange land. Without a thought to the others, she flung herself towards the sky, copper and pearl wings churning madly to take her away from the horror below.

OOC: late, late, late, but I wanted to specify what happened to Nasreen