the Rift

[OPEN] she's a ghost, unseen by the eyes of men.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
“I think you’re mistaken…” The goddess speaks in a whisper, and Nasreen, who had begun to bow low, raises her head in confusion. Before she can question the deity though, she speaks again, in a low stutter that Nasreen would have deemed decidedly un-goddess-like had the creature not been made with such undeniable magic. “Is this the Word’s En-er…Edge?” the mare inquires, and Nasreen nods happily, relieved to know one thing for sure. “Yes…it is…” She struggles, unsure how to address the goddess. It is as if the mare has read her thoughts; when her low murmur slips though the mist again, she is smiling softly, introducing herself as Ayelet.

“You happen to b-be?” Nasreen starts, embarrassed. “Oh! Forgive me, my--Ayelet, I am Nasreen. Of Th’orqui?” she finishes hesitantly, uncomfortably unaware of godly etiquette. But Aylet barely seems to notice her awkward addition; she is gesturing to the thing she had been carrying: a bundle wrapped in moss, which she says is an egg. Nasreen’s ears prick in interest. She has no idea what the goddess could be doing with the egg, but it is not really her place to ask, just as it is not her place to ask why the goddess doesn’t know where she is. “Oh…?” she fumbles. Nasreen’s heart is beginning to sink as she speaks (or rather, as she attempts to speak). Normally, conversation was so easy to make! But what did one say to a deity?

Another voice, familiar this time, cuts through the mist like the merry chime of a bell. Kahlua! Nasreen is momentarily distracted, torn between turning to greet her friend and turning her back on Aylet. Fortunately, Kahlua solves her problem by approaching. “Hello friend, I’m Kahlua.” Nasreen’s ears flop to the side in confusion. Friend? Was this not a goddess? But Kahlua has turned to her. “Nasreen, I hope you’re settling in well.”

“Oh yes!” the girl replies, pouncing upon the opportunity to speak. “I was just looking for you when I met…Ayelet.” Nasreen’s eyes search the overo’s, looking for a hint as to this mare’s identity. Was she a goddess, or wasn’t she?

She is still wondering when another figure steps out of the trees. The horned male approaches the group, addressing Aylet. “Glad to see you made it,” he tells her, and it is beginning to dawn on Nasreen that she may have made a dreadful mistake. His tone, while polite, suggests none of the reverence that the presence of a goddess would have accorded. If not a goddess, what strange magic held this creature together then? The stallion’s voice interrupted Nasreen’s thoughts. “I’m afraid we’ve not yet met, I’m Nato.”

“I’m Nasreen,” she replies, politeness superseding her curiosity. “Pleased to make your acquaintance.”
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
RE: she's a ghost, unseen by the eyes of men. - by Nasreen - 12-31-2013, 02:07 AM