the Rift

[OPEN] she's a ghost, unseen by the eyes of men.

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
It comes upon them as a beast of night, stalking through the shadows with demonic thoughts.

She does not see it's shimmering bodice slip through the shadows as words so cold ring through the misty edge. Delicate lobes are slipped back as a childish song is sung upon rotted lips. The girl's heart stops for several moments as panic rushes through her fragile mind and body. She doesn't know what to do, her limbs are solidified, and she cannot move. It was as though the Gods of her land had hardened her shell, turned her to stone so that she could watch her newly made acquaintance be attacked by a demon. She feels the need to fall over and sob, fear prying at her exposed heart. Glancing towards Nato and the chestnut mare, she wants to gather closer to them, use them as her flesh wall. Her eyes are forced upon the dark beast and Kahlua, watching as a trap is sprung. She watches flesh meet maw as the rotting creature bites into the dark shoulder of her newly made herdmate. She wants to intervene, throw herself before the beast, sacrifice herself. But it wouldn't be pleasant. She would likely shatter into a million pieces and be released into the night air, her soul finally free. She wanted to do it, to end her pointless suffering, yet Mother Moon and Brother Night whispered for her not to. They pleaded with her, their voices ringing out in harmony as she imagines herself doing it now, breaking apart into minuscule particles and being carried off in the wind.

You will not feel bliss, not now, not ever.

Sister Earth's words are cold, harsh as a Winnerium night. She blinks, frosted lids gliding over stained pools. With a swift move she easily fastens the moss bundle between her teeth. Finally she can retreat, her limbs beginning to work for her once more. Taking several steps back, she flees towards the glimmering glass of the wall, praying she will be safe inside the borders of her new home. She stops and turns, multicolored eyes finding the black stallion she had met in the Threshold. She calls to him, not even needing to remove the moss from her lips, for that is not where her sounds reside. "Nato!" She calls, her voice coming from the heart, echoing inside the glass before finding freedom. She wants him to follow her, even though she should be fearful of men. The last man she trusted got her pregnant, and with that he got her killed. She felt nothing towards the stallion other than a respect, for he seemed... kinder than most she had met.
"She talk talk talks."
[i think i should be posting now... >.>;; if i'm not supposed to post now then just tell me. c:]
image credit to wintersmagicstock

Messages In This Thread
RE: she's a ghost, unseen by the eyes of men. - by Ayelet - 01-11-2014, 10:52 PM