the Rift

[PRIVATE] earth turns, time ticks, i watch [hototo, roskuld]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
the sun will always show you the bright side...

The child trotted with a swift gate. The young girl was going to age soon, and the idea of being full grown was nothing knew to her mature mind. She knew she her body would mature. There was one thing that was relatively new that had to do with your body maturing. Colts and stallions. Aurelia wasn't the biggest fan of stallions, for her history was hard and long with them, and colts made her nervous. She remembers on her journey here, she had run into a little group of equines. Most were female, save few a few colts and the main stallion. Equines were weird like that. They had one designated stallion and the rest was history. Anyways, there was a sweet (and not to mention cute) colt. He had a golden pelt with a snowy mane and tail. His eyes were a lime green with black pupils (unlike Aurelia's white pupils). He had been sweet to the filly that was purely alabaster at the time. After Aurelia and the boy became friends, something strange blossomed, and it freaked Aurelia out (because ultimately, she probably liked him too.). The lass knew not how to respond to the boy and that led to her fleeing that very night.

It was strange how the way others felt influenced her so much. She was very intuitive and was effected by even slightest changes in any horses' moods or actions, even. The new emotion of love, to respond to took her aback, and since then she could never act as normal around males in general as she once could have.

White pupils encased by gold irises looked around. To her left she saw a cave sort of thing, but it wasn't a cave. What is this? She stepped inside the cave-thing. Upon examining it closer, she saw it was a cave made out of thick branches of large willow trees. She immediately liked this place. Here, she felt one with the Earth.

She stepped out of what was known as a den to her, and into the fresh air. Downy white wings hugged her sides tightly. As of right now, she did not know how to fly. Her beautiful wings had only been twice open and used in various way here. She'd only shown their true beauty to Africa, the only one who cared about her. The first time was playfully, trying to raise her wing higher than Africa's to shade her. The second time was to back away from the water faster. Neither time was she airborne.

It was sad, an earthbound pegasus.

"blah blah blah."

@[Hototo] @[Roskuld] Would you like me to tag you every reply?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

I was strolling, rather daydreaming, my voice rumbling from my throat in trilling tunes that matches the joyous lilt of the emerald strings on my harp. Together we saunter forward in the summer sun, hooves leading the way rather than any true destination.

The subject matter of my current song? Who else would it be? Midas.

"There once was a stallion of brawn and grit,
Rose from the sand the wind did split,
Gleaming in the sunlight silver and gold,
Midas the Gallant, charming and bold.
"

With each step that my large bronze hooves do take, the earth quivers and dances. I am aware of the effect that my singing has upon the world now, no longer viewing my surroundings through the innocent eyes of a young colt. I believe that the world takes joy in my song, dancing about in response to my chords. We are partners, the Earth and I. Today, we sing and step about to a light-hearted folk song. Tomorrow, perhaps an epic battle ballad about the same hero of my imagination - Midas. Of course, I could just as easily sing about my mother, but let's face it; she never shared war stories with me.

Caught up in the hum and tune of my song, I hardly notice that I have entered a cove of trees. My singing branches off into soft hums, matching the tune of my harp. I close my eyes and feel the quiver of the earth beneath sturdy bronze, a smile on my dark blue face. In fact, I was completely unaware of the presence of another. Completely blissful in my world of song and dance with the Earth. Well, I was.

Until my forehead meets rather suddenly with a low hanging branch.

A crack sounds from my skull, and a sudden burst of air floods out of my lungs as I lurch back. My dual colored eyes snap open, eyelids fluttering, mind trying to clear away the fuddled signals and sharp white pain. I glance upward to see the culprit, gnarled and mocking in the shadow of the summer sun from the canopy above. Now, everyone, this is exhibit A of why being a giant sucks. Your head is dangerously close to branches which have no remorse after smacking you dead in the face.
The most horrifying part of this story? I am still growing. Not even two years old, I am already stretched seventeen hands high and grow muscle mass with each passing day, soon to be a few more inches as well. I hope that som-

Wait a minute.
....Is that a filly?

Okay, I lied. That was only the second most horrifying part of this story. Does anyone else have such a bad streak of luck?

"Uh," is all I can manage, looking at her with a dumbfounded expression and (probably) a bump swelling in the middle of my eyes like a third horn.

[s'not needed. I keep pretty good track of my threads.]
Credits: Tamme Art

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[Image: 528944e73aa0f]

Aurelia the BlazeQueen
i set fire, to the rain...

I stand still, and listen to the hum of the trees around me. They are actually carrying a tune. After a few seconds, the tune got louder. Words could be heard, though they were mumbled. After only a few more seconds, it was clear. Midas the Gallant, charming and bold. Was this the same My-duuus I knew? Were the trees singing about my My-duus? Well, he was not mine, but I sort of knew him, and he led the Dragon's Throat, the herd I resided in. The song, as fast as it had begun, ended abruptly.

I could not let the song leave though. I sung the little song out in the open. I had never really heard myself sing notes, but I liked the way my feminine voice sounded. I did hold each note out longer than the previous voice did, slowing it down. I even repeated some notes for a slightly slower song. At the end, I died down to a stop. "charming and bold." It was quiet how I sang. Though I made the song into a shy tune, I thought it still sounded beautiful. Then I was jerked to reality by a loud smacking sound.

I peered forward, from where I had heard the sound. I did not see anything. Maybe it was just the green trees rustling in the slight breeze-- wait, no. There was noooo breeze. I was not worried though, because I felt safe here. Was that song I repeated supposed to lull me to sleep? I was not sure, and I was not scared. I would not be a girl for much longer. As a result of that, I would not be able to fear everything for much longer. I needed to break out of my shell.

I looked at the ground. I felt the ground. There was a slight vibration as if a good-sized horse was cantering by. Was there a very large horse here? As I examined the ground (like an idiot), I heard a sound. This was not a misleading sound, but one I knew well. "Uh," My cranium lifted to what I thought would be some huge mass of horse-flesh, but it wasn't. Well, this horse was no undoubtedly huge, but he did not seem old. On the contrary, he seemed young.

My gaze dropped away from him. Had I embarrassed myself in front of this colt by singing his initial song? I would've said something smart, but it is as if the butterflies in my stomach have decided to join the two of us. "I.. uh..." I looked back up at him, my white pupils encased in gold irises scanned over his body really quickly. "I'm.. Aurelia..." I stuttered slightly, surprised at this. A colt? It probably would've been easier to talk to the alluring Sultan, Gaucho... BUT NOOO. It was this, colt. Well, could I consider him a stallion? Yea, maybe. It didn't really change my nervousness.

blah blah blah."

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The harp seems to almost laugh at me, terribly rude of it, as I try to clear little black spots and stars and golden hues from my mind as the swirling takes hold. I had never cracked my skull upon something so hard before, not even as a young colt. I remember vague the feeling of running into a boulder in the Foothills, but that had hit my shoulder, not my crown. I shake my head again, the harps plucky little tune the laugh of an amused child.

So rude.

Meanwhile, as the swirling of my brain eases into a slight woosiness, I notice that the pale eyes of the girl are quite frightened as she watches me. Mouth slackens, her voice drawn, a tiny little flower blooming before me. Fillies are always so unpredictable, I am almost willing to bet that this fragile expression is nothing more than a facade. Likely, she is just waiting to yell and berate me for being so blindly stupid to walk straight into a branch. I want to close my eyes, but force them to remain open, looking at her with horror intermixed with pain, panic. I fight the urge to dance on my solid bronze hooves, turn tail and run.

The gentle voice offering... a name? Aurelia. I glance at her, earth and blood colored eyes confused for a moment, not sure if I should take this as her calling or her coloring in a foreign language. I knew aureate meant gold, and she was gold. Aptly named or describing her color for me? Then, I realize. Why in the hell would she tell me she is gold when I can clearly see that with my own eyes?
"Hototo," I spit out, my voice surprisingly even despite my recent encounter with both a branch and a girl.

[ sorry for the embarrassingly long wait.
Credits: Tamme Art

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

My deeds are senseless
and rendered meaningless
</style>

…so I was taking this nap, right? And it turned out to be one of the best naps I had ever taken. It was one of those where you completely black out and your body just shuts down, and when you wake up and you’re aware of yourself again your body is just refreshed and ready for whatever bullcrap the world is prepared to throw at you. You yawn and stretch your spine and you’re ready for business.

That almost happened to me. I was sleeping and it was great and the bush I had found to nap in was keeping me warm and snug and there were no brambles to fuck it all up. It was bliss, just complete, blacked-out bliss. But then I started having weird dreams—if they even rate the term. Rather, I started seeing images behind my eyes that shifted and twisted, and colors too, light, airy colors that reminded me of the chiming of a harp. I guess my ears were hearing harp music somewhere and it was being translated in my tired sleepy-brain, but I was….sleeping, so I didn’t realize it at the time.

Gradually, I came awake. It was like ice melting on a hot rock, or paint drying, except the ice was the blackness of my deep slumber. I don’t know why I brought up the paint. Anyway, as I came-to and the world sort of materialized in front of me like a blurry Picasso, I heard voices, and one of those sons of bitches I most definitely recognized. I couldn’t place it, but it felt familiar, like something I heard when I was just a tiny thing zooming about the place without giving one happy fuck. It was a deep voice, or at least hinting towards depth later in life; it felt big to me, like the user was a big summbitch himself, and as I laid there half-asleep, half-awake, with all my memories and thoughts and subconscious notions playing in my eyes, I sorta half-way expected the visions of my biggest cousin were real things, which only made me miss him even more.

So you understand how I was feeling when I heard him say his own name :

*"Hototo.”*

I kinda flipped out, except it was extra special because it was coming straight out of my sleep. “BIG TOTO!?” I kinda shout-screamed, my voice cracking as I leapt out of the bush concealing me. Sure enough, there he was: just as big and grey and fluffy with all the horns as I remembered him. I had launched myself at him, and I guess if I had arms I would’ve hugged him; as it was, I propelled myself toward him with the general desire for closeness, as my sleepiness left all my cognitive reasoning sort of vague and whatever. The point is that I wasn’t thinking it through very well.

speaking

Image Credits