the Rift

[OPEN] In Times Long Past [Nasreen]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
“Look, ah…Reeni…we…we can’t go home.” Nasreen nudged her brother gently under the chin, as if to say, Well of course we can silly—we just haven’t found our way back yet! “There isn’t anything to go home to.” Nothing to go home to? Now he was really speaking nonsense. Was it the palace he was talking about? Because they could live somewhere else. Or was it the ones who had turned against them? Because they could drive them out!

“I was in the godswood when the attack started, and I hung around for a few days there, trying to get information from other refugees. There's nothing left in the Capital, Reeni, and it sounded like we got off easy. All they wanted from the Capital was--Well, the bad guys took over, Reeni, and there isn't anyone left to take Th'orqui back. We have to stay here."

Nothing left? She did not like the hurt that was clouding Quilyan’s face, nor the hitch in his voice as he spoke. It pained her to see his pain. But what was more distressing to Nasreen was that for the first time in her life, she could not believe her older brother. Nothing left?? If it hadn’t been so painful, she might have laughed. He spoke as if Th’orqui had simply ceased to exist! It was out there, she knew it—so why didn’t he go and take it? Until Father came back (and yet, deep in her heart, Nasreen knew he wouldn’t), Quil was supposed to be Th’orqui’s ruler and protector. Who was there to watch out for their subjects—for the nursemaid who had braided her mane with flowers during the festival season, for the gentleman in the village who sold sweets from the leather sack on his back—who was watching out for them? Had he even tried to find his way back? Had he even tried to find her?

Her anger startled her. She should be happy! She’d been reunited with a brother whom she feared was dead. With him, she was safe. With him, life in Helovia would be easier. Yet, in an odd and terrible way, Nasreen sensed that she was alone here—Quil was not going to try to find Th’orqui, that much was obvious from the way he spoke. No matter. His doubt only fed her hope. She would find a way if he wouldn’t; when the path back to the homeland was before his hooves, how could he refuse her? For now, she could not berate him. Despite her disappointment, it was not her place. Besides, the last thing she wanted was for him to go away again. Surely, he would not leave her voluntarily, but angry words could taint a most precious bond, and that, she was not willing to risk.

So, for once in her life, Nasreen kept quiet. She nibbled at his mane, grooming him the way their nurses used to. “It will be okay, Quilly. It will be okay.”

OOC: So sorry that this took FOREVER, but I’m back! Due to the SWP, I don’t know if you want to move this/start a new thread to somewhere safer, so just let me know c:
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-27-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 12-27-2013, 04:12 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-27-2013, 04:31 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 12-27-2013, 06:07 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-28-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 12-31-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-31-2013, 02:51 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2014, 09:54 PM