the Rift

watercolour wishes

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
There comes a sound from the depths of the trees. It's a sound I notice only for its difference to the rain and its absence to my own ears for so long.
Well, that's not quite true. I have heard it on occasion, but never so close, and never for long.

It's the sound of someone coming, which is usually followed by the sound of me leaving.

In this rain however I do not hear her until she is upon me, her voice rising like a frantic wave in tempo with the erratic beat of my heart. She is demanding, and ferocious, and it makes me sink all the more into the tree I lean against, its bark staining black, at least until the rain washes it away. Will it wash me away too?
I hope so.

She slings a threat at me and I panic. In a rush of black fluid I explode on sight, the molecules of my body scattering like black beads across the woodland floor. I scramble, the ink rushing together in a wash that rises like a blob and lurches forward. I'm stumbling, trying to create myself into a terrifying dragon of the night, but the weather has made me so damp that I am pulled in every which way, only at times a brief outline in some portion of my body creating anything recognizable. In this messy fashion I stumble into sight, desperately trying to escape from the confines of interacting with someone else.

I stagger, unable to keep up the ruse, and revert back to my horse form, more weary than before. I have sunk to my knees and there, gasping for breath, I stay. The black from my body seeps into the ground as if I am melting.

Horrified, I turn a hollow stare towards the sunset colored mare and her pup.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
watercolour wishes - by Ink - 12-27-2013, 03:32 AM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Tandavi - 12-27-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Ink - 01-01-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Morana - 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM