the Rift

[PRIVATE] Not Goodbye for Long

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind
Her plan, feeble as it was, fell apart as soon as it became clear that Kahlua did not remember, or at least immediately remember, that something like this day was on the horizon. She had been hoping that her dear friend would realize what was happening just as soon as the topic was breached, perhaps that would lessen the pain of having to explain it. But then, no matter how the topic was going to be breached it would result in unhappiness so Alysanne was just going to have to stop being vague and get down to the point.

The joyful mare stopped when requested and had a bright smile on her face – at least for a moment before it turned into a frown. Perhaps she picked up on Alysanne’s tone because there was certainly no smile on her dark face now.

She hated this goodbye already.

She hated all goodbyes, whether they were planned or whether they simply did not happen. Sasha never said goodbye and she remembered how she had asked him to – but maybe she had been wrong. Maybe it was better to not know when he was gone, to not have that feeling that came when something ended.

Looking to Mikey once more for help, she took a deep breath to steady herself. She could totally do this, it wasn’t so bad really. It wasn’t forever. It wasn’t. Summer green eyes look to Kahlua once more and she finally found her voice. “Um.. It’s time for me to go see my son, and Mikey is going to come with me – he has family back in Nocturne too.” Even if he wasn’t one of her closest friends, she was going to need the help to get there and get back again. No more wandering aimlessly for her – she had enough of that for the rest of her life. She was ready for a home. “We’ll be back… I’m sure.” Her voice shook - how could she be sure? Was she turning her back on the most wonderful home she had ever had with the knowledge that she might not ever see it again? Anything could get in the way of a return but she could not think of that now. “Kahlua… you’ve been such a good friend to me. And you’ve given me something I’ve been searching for all my life – a home. The Edge is perfect, you’re perfect, and it breaks my heart that I have to leave. Please tell Brisa that I’ll miss her.” But of course she had to go and she was sure Kahlua would understand. It was breaking her heart to stay and she would always, always choose her family over whatever happiness she would find elsewhere.

There was sadness but this was the right thing to do. She would leave, find her son and spend some much needed time with him. She hoped that she would return, perhaps with him in tow. She intended to tell him wonderful stories of Kahlua and the Qian and all the fantastic things she had seen in Helovia.

And because she simply could not do anything else, she stepped forward with the intention of wrapping her neck around that of her friend’s, even draping one wing lightly on her back to complete the hug. Letting go, she whispered “Thank you, for everything.”

image credit
table by imi <3

Rottie gave the go-ahead to post around her so we can finish this up :)
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Not Goodbye for Long - by Alysanne - 12-30-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Not Goodbye for Long - by Kahlua - 01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: Not Goodbye for Long - by Alysanne - 01-12-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Not Goodbye for Long - by Kahlua - 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM