[PRIVATE] the worst times bring out the best in people [Tandavi]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

"How do you fly?"

I am met by the wistful voice of a child, and it surprises me enough that I whirl toward the sound, a hind leg coming to rest precariously close to the edge of the cliff on which I have landed. Swallowing hard and stepping to the side, I regard the girl with kind eyes. She is caramel, tipped in sugar, and everything about her exudes purity, though the way she spoke reminded me of my own lonely youth. Golden markings paint her legs and face and back, the color even weaving its way into her banner. "I don't know," I tell her truthfully, for though I know how it feels to fly, I don't know the mechanics. It's something that is intrinsic to my species - for me, flight is a given. I have never had to explain it before.

My mind starts to whir. "Of course, there has to be a why, doesn't there?" I muse softly. "I am a pegasus; pegasi fly. I flap my wings, and I rise; I spread my wings, and I glide; I fold my wings, and I fall. It is instinctual." I fall silent, my bi-colored gaze turning to gaze across the fires of the Heart. I am reminded of Rowan. She wanted to know everything. She was brilliant, and I wish I had her gift of memory. I wish I could help her memory live on. I had sought after her path, once, before I had become Forger, but the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge was not something I enjoyed. But the little fae's question stirred something in my mind, and I am struck not by the desire to learn, but the desire to teach - though of course that is said to be a reciprocal relationship.

"I am Sohalia," I offer suddenly. "Who are you?"

"talk talk talk"
@[Tandavi]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: the worst times bring out the best in people [Tandavi] - by Sohalia - 01-16-2014, 10:19 PM