the Rift

cocoa leaves along the border,

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
For days the silver marbled mare has been wandering from small island to small island (unbeknownst to her she is skirting Helovia’s east coast). The waters are chilly even though the air is taut with warmth. The waves crash against her white legs while she waddles gracefully onto shore. She looks back at the darkening orange sky of sunset, the islands she waded and swam away from fade into the distance. She snorts accordingly and skips back into motion – a smooth trot into the woods lining the beach. There are some logs and shallow ditches littering her way and she clears them easily, obstacles are something she’s become accustomed to. She moves fluidly through the needle pine trees, weaving in and out and over the roots curving out of the ground. She slows to a walk once she is a mile or so westward, away from the beaches and cold ocean water. She notices just now that in her odd sudden sense of rush she has forgotten to shake the wet salty water from her sleek coat. She does so immediately and continues on at a slow, observant walk, sweeping her eyes from left to right and keeping her ears opposite of one another.

She comes upon a well beaten path; there are even some travelling it just now as she breaks from the woods rather unceremoniously. She walks in line with the rest, they’re spread very much apart but each one is moving to the same place. Tangere moves with the invisible current that pulls them and her toward something… She’s quite sure the mystery is no real mystery to her far away company. She ponders while she walks, listening to the irrelevant chatter of the others.

Suddenly a small clearing opens among the pines and moonlight blankets all the other colors. Tangere moves into the light with little hesitation, taking mouthfuls of untouched grass as she moves along – her observant behavior never dropping. She moves toward a cold, un-salty fresh water brook with her head low and her lips ready to receive its nourishment to her thirst. She drinks for a while and this is the moment she lets her mind go into deep thought.

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

A silent presence sparks her interest. Her hooves are guided in the way of the Threshold once again. She trots along happily, led by the translucent, glowing figure of Antie and the others. She hums while she trots, a song that the filly us not able to hear, but will be near and dear to Abishia's heart. 

Her dainty hooves thud against the leaf laden ground, a large orange moon over head lights the narrow path on which she sets her clefts carefully and quietly. She moves through the dense wood on long pillars with her harks erect and observant. A slight breeze carresses her sorrel locks, sending them in every which way in an intricate dance. Brown orbs are set forward, lined with blue they are truly unique. The fae is one of beauty and experience, despite her young age. 

Led by her deceased loved ones, she is lead by a small clearing, in which she spots a grey and white horse, with a horn atop its head. She detects it as a fae, deciding to stay back and watch a few moments. She lets her orbs linger over the mare's sleek coat, and watch as she stretches down her neck to suck in the water from the brook that the Gods have blessed us with. A smile starts to play on her kissers, as her heart leaps in excitment. To this filly, greeting newcomers brings the most joy. Without further adue, she steps forward into the clearing. She clears her throat, giggling a bit. 

" Hello miss. Pleasure to see you here in the land of Helovia. We welcome you. I am here to help you, show you around, and possibly offer you a home. "  

She glances at Antie, who simply nods to the filly, showing her approval of her words. The filly can't help but wonder if this mare will take up her offer. Abishia wants to fulfill the wishes of her mother. A band is what she wishes for, and Abishia will help her make it. A tall choice for a foal, but with the maturity of this equine, you would never guess that she is only 9 months old. 

Thinking, the filly makes a name for the new band. The Aztecs. Nodding to herself in approval, she decides that they shall call the Heavenly Feilds their home. 

@[Tangere]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The Threshold, a place of beginnings, a forest that the golden mare was seen in often, due to her years in the ranking position of corporal and the task of gathering new members that had been granted to her (mostly because of their friendship, but also because she was good at it) by her dearest Psyche. Things had evolved since then; no longer was Illynx as narrow minded or as carefree, an interesting combination in the woman who once wore glass armor and threw rocks at rubber walls.

She still had her glass armor, to be sure; she just no longer kept her bucket of rocks on hand.

Slipping through the myriad paths, she listens to the trees and the whispers of voices that she can hear. Avoiding the groups that seem to already have bundled tightly, she continues forward and search of a suitable candidate; whoever it is must have a horn, or in the case of Cin, the tiger, a physical prowess that earns them her attentions. Surprisingly, even with her narrow restrictions on what was suitable to return to the Basin with, she usually came upon at least one or two who met all of her requirements.

She sees the pair before she approaches, in a clearing that she believes to have met someone else in. Who? she ponders to herself momentarily before stepping out into the moonlight, not waiting as the young horse did before appearing – not that she had been here to see such things, anyway. She arrives on the tail end of Abishia’s words, a smile soft and supple on her lips even as snakes brawl inside her mouth for a chance to bite at her flesh.

This is not the place for such violence, she reminds her subconscious, here is not where we hunt for such things.

"Salutations," she calls out to the pair, though more so to the respectable unicorn among their numbers. Despite how kind she might have been to the younger of two has she worn the right things on her head, she still manages a scant smile in her direction; she is pretty, after all, and had nature been more kind and her parents not hated her so deeply, she’d be perfectly whole. Her face is, overall, a welcoming mask of false joviality aimed towards both in the clearing – though the show stands to respect only one of their number. "I am open for assistance as well. Lady Illynx, of the Aurora Basin," she nods in greeting to the unicorn mare first, then tilts a cordial bob in the direction of the mutant.

I’m getting this… nice thing down quite well, she humorously muses.

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
The faint crackle of crunched leaves makes her thoughts snap back into consciousness, the wind whistles quietly through the aspen grove beside the creek and it draws the silver mare’s attention. Her dark eyes catch the orange moonlight like glass as the flicker and search for something among the dimly lit shadows. She readjusts her posture and position, swinging her hips and standing to face the commotion. Her pink lips twitch with silent anticipation until she hears a soft giggle. A voice emits soon after, floating from a pretty young filly that comes sliding from the bushes. Tangere notices that she is rather curvy and tall, her heritage looks to be of the hot-blooded desert horses she’s heard legends about. That same heritage makes up a small percentage of her lineage, but not enough to be able to see it like this filly.

The silver mare grins, leaning her ears forward to suck in every word the girl delivers. The mare is given only enough time to introduce her intentions before another mare casually enters the circle. She nods with recognition at the older female’s greeting, something she finds sudden comfort in; she isn’t sure why but it probably has something to do with her sketchy past. The mare is adorned in golden color and a long spiraled horn of the same color. She gives Tangere an odd shift of attention, not enough to draw real awkwardness but enough for the grey sabino to realize something is different. “I’m Tangere.” She inhales a sharp breath through quivery pink nostrils, settling her chocolate eyes on Illynx. “I know the Basin – never been, but D’Artagnan once invited me a couple years ago.” She ponders the memory of him telling her he will not come find her if she decides not to go and she did not, and he did not, and so here she is. “I’ll follow you there, Illynx.” She chimes ever so gently to the golden spackled mare, but letting no other mood lace her voice other than placidity.

Again the Basin has somehow sent it’s crawlers to find her. It isn’t until now she recognizes the smell and the tingle on her skin (it could be the ghosts floating around xD) when she thinks about it. She looks to the filly with a delightful, yet apologetic smile, genuinely regretful. “I’m sorry my dear, I cannot follow you home.” She sighs emotionally, somewhat dramatizing her sympathy now; her lack of makes her feel guilty so she tends to over-due it. “I am always in need of trustworthy friends so we will meet again soon.” She reaches out to bump her warm nose against the child’s before spinning away and stepping up onto the mossy bank around the creek, awaiting Illynx to lead the way. She makes no attempt to explain why to either mare, each one knows what result they wanted and if they’re anything like Tangere they’d rather not beat around the bush for six hours and just get on with process instead.

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

ABISHIA, shall they have a thread together elsewhere? I'd love for them to be pals xD

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Hidden Account
Wild.

« how she walks » « how she talks » « how they talk to her »

A beautiful lady comes into the scene. A deep brown mare, standing about 16 hands. Her locks are black, kissed with some yellow entwined in her mane. The fae holds her head high; she must be of authority. Also, the golden horn upon her dome makes her even more great. The young filly envied the beautiful miss. 

When the dove comes into the clearing, Abishia turns to her, bowing to one knee in respect. She has heard of this great mare before, Illynx , she thinks. Probably one of the Aurora Basin, suggesting the horn on her head and the way she looks at the 'lesser privlaged' girl. But, to many's surprise, Abishia does not mind the way these beautiful creatures carry themselves; even the way they treat her and speak to her. It's simply their way of thinking, she suggests, not letting it hurt her. She smiles brightly, lifting her dome from the bowing position. 

Moonlight bathes the clearing, Abishia knows she has no chance of taking the kind Tangere home, but that's alright. She'll have a nice home in a place with other Unicorns just like her. Although, the fae can't help but notice how kind the grey and white dove is. Abishia hopes that they can one day be pals, despite their unfortunate difference in appearance. With harks erect, Abishia listens respectfully to the two, nodding to them once they are finished. Tangere's apolgy was nice, but not needed, for the dainty girl didn't mind. 

Smiling to Illynx, she nods again in respect, being reminded that to the brown and sunlight colored mare, she is a lesser species. The filly speaks quietly, but loud enough for them both to hear. 

" Lady Illynx, I have heard great things of you, and I am quite fond of your herd. You come from a great herd, miss. It is a pleasure to be in your presence. I am Abishia, pleased to meet you, beautiful dove. "  

The filly's voice is trimmed with maturity, suprisingly, suggesting how young she is. Her vocals ring out in an odd, but pleasing accent, that isn't very common amoung equines. She uses her words in creative way, as if she is the paintbrush, and the ones she speaks to are her canvas. She makes art with her odd words, quite pleasant art, one must say. 

Abishia is happy to hear tht Tangere is going to the Aurora Basin, she will have a great home there, one better than the filly could have provided her. Abishia nods her head to the grey and white mare, a friendly smile still dancing on her kissers. 

" Tangere, what a beautiful name, hmm? You are lucky to be offered such a fantastic home. I hope our paths meet again, miss. "  

She bows her head in respect once again to the two, leaving a good impression was not intented, but simply played out. The sorrel and white fae was a natural, she loved to speak to others and to make new friends. With a slight sigh, she speaks again. 

" And, miss Illynx, my respects to you. My best wishes to you both, and hope the grass grows green on your side of Helovia. I hope we can meet again lady Illynx. "  

With that she nodded and stepped away, wondering if they would leave without responding to her dialouge. She stayed a respectful distance, ready to listen to what they had to say if they did respond. 

@[Illynx] @[Tangere]

{ ooc: Of course! It would be great if Tangere and Abishia could meet again and become friends! She's always looking for more friends! Ahha! Also, it would be great if Illynx and Abishia could thread again, Illynx is very interesting!(: } .

Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Wild.
If you would like you can post a responce post, personally I don't know what Illynx will do(:
@[Tangere]

lines

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I'll be getting a reply up here ASAP, and then will also be welcoming Tangere in the Basin. <3 You can go ahead and post first, and I'll join up later, if I don't have one ready by the time ranks are updated. :D Just be sure to write it in that Illynx came with her, as she guides everyone home for the first time while pointing out landmarks (more sound of her own voice. ;D).

Also, be sure ya'll go back and delete these ooc comments once all the threads are made and replied to, as they're counting towards your post count. <33

Tangere, mentally reiterates the golden bitch, liking the procession of syllables that have fallen from the grey woman’s lips. Her smile is broadened at the mention of old acquaintances and the repetition of the name of her kingdom, that d’Artagnan, while he had not succeeded, had been memorable enough to leave both his calling and that of his home implanted in the mare’s head. It would make her job here much easier, she mused, her thoughts mirrored as the no-nonsense Tangere immediately closes what could have been a long and drawn out conversation.

At this point, Illynx is positively beaming, nodding a quick agreement before her sugar lacquered words are relinquished once more. "I like your style, miss Tangere," she says in compliment, a rare occurrence to pass between herself and a near stranger. But it is true – while she had been robbed of a chance to elaborate on the splendor of the mountain, she had also been granted a quicker escape from this place so overrun by lesser beings, such as the chestnut paint.

She follows the grey mare’s gaze to that of the other welcoming party, her smugness at being the victor in this gathering hidden behind a veneer of kindness. That her newest member apologizes to the filly draws mild interest to the Lady, who files away the reaction and Tangere’s name under a list of those who will not be brought into the dark inner circle of the Basin, at least not immediately.

Time would reveal much more of this one. Perhaps she could be converted, taught to see the just path that all unicorns should follow. Perhaps, she would simply be another Lena. A talent used to pave their way into greatness, a gleaming gemstone set in a crown of bones and blood.

Illynx, too, feels the presence of something other worldly in the air – but so used to magical company that is hard to explain, she writes off the sensation as that of Helovia itself, perhaps that one of those she stands with is emitting the strange aura. It is not uncommon – Lord Deimos sends off vibes of darkness and malcontent, as Psyche radiated with her pride at one point.

Perhaps it is simply that the girl, while young in the flesh, exuded a sensation of wisdom that was not normal among children of her age. Her intelligence is revealed in her words, which the brindled Lady listens to with interest not commonly discovered while in the company of the hornless.

The girl knows of her and her people; she is not afraid, nor does she rebuke her. Instead, and with a genuine smile that Illynx cannot deny, she shares her admiration of the wicked unicorns and their hidden haven. Illynx’s smile falters only slightly in light of these revelations, brought back to life by the compliments given to her appearance.

What a clever little rodent, she thinks to herself, making sure to remember her name and portrait for later use.

As the Abishia’s words close, the queen of the damned nods her head cordially, quite flattered and enthralled by the painted filly despite her wrongness. She plays with the thought of extending an offer to follow them home, but quickly rebukes it; the others would surely raise hell over the dark hearted wench bringing home an equine filly for a reason other than torture. Still, her curiosities have been roused – perhaps dangerous, but also not without its benefits.

She reaches about to her lengthy tail, grasping a long strand between her teeth and pinching down tightly to break it lose with a rough tug of her mouth. Raising a scarred knee to press the strands against its flat top, the point of the hoof pressed into the earth for stability, she quickly loops several strands about the top of the hair, grouping them together. She discards the finished bundle at the painted equine’s hooves, looking her level in the eyes with a seriousness belied by the faint glimmer of a grin on her lips. "Take this, Abishia," she says, nodding down at the enormously long black strands heaped together on the leaf strewn earth, "bring it with you to the mountain, and wait at the gates. Present this to any who seek to expel you and tell them it is a boon from myself, so that you may see the vale you so admire."

She smiles, genuinely, in the filly’s direction. "Knowing of us as you claim, surely you know the rarity of this gift. I look forward to your visit."

She turns about slowly in the direction of the mountains, eyes lingering on Tangere to hint that she should follow. "Let us go, it’s a good walk to the Basin," she says cheerfully, dark strands of her mane drifting in the motion of her turning head, "the others will be thrilled to meet you, I am sure."

And with that, she carries forward, all the while chatting and pointing out various landmarks and potential hazards.

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.