the Rift

[OPEN] Stand Together [ALL]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

The first sign of approach came in the form of rapid hoofbeats.

However, they weren't ones of a simple canter, of somebody in a hurry to meet my call; they were far too quickened for that, almost fearful, and when I saw the form of a misty Kahlua break through the trees, my head jerked with the slightest start. Upon my neck, Suli bristled her spines and pulled her wings away from her sides to appear larger towards the possible threat. But as the ghostly mare spoke, I recognized her voice and recalled to memory the herd's gifted ability to become one with the mist's for a time. I calmed, and Suli did as well, albeit with a disgruntled little growl as she pulled her wings back to her slender sides.

She began to speak before I was able, at first panting out the name of the Steppe, and instantly fear blossomed within my chest. For the briefest of moments, my mind wandered to the unicorns that had tried and failed to take our home seasons ago. I wondered if they had regrouped and were coming for us again, and my warrior mind was prepared to gather the brave souls who called themselves Protectors. But she continued to speak, her words putting an end to my fears and directing them to something else entirely.

It seemed Quilyan wasn't alone in what he had seen. Only this time, it was closer.

Kahlua stepped closer at her revelation, seeming to seek comfort. I reciprocated by stepping closer, pressing my muzzle firmly but gently into the thick of her neck, breath warm and voice much gentler than it had been at my call just minutes before. "You are not hurt, though, right?" I questioned, concern clear in both my eyes and voice. Despite our lack of time spent together, be it talking, working, or otherwise, I still cared for her and the rest of the Edge as if they were my own flesh and blood.

Another was coming, in just as much of a hurry as Kahlua had been but when the mare was within view, she seemed to be in even more of a panic than the painted Glazier. I knew the rabicano mare from adventures past, most recently the trip to the marsh where she had reluctantly helped me to uncover the lost remains of dragons. She was absolutely terrified, in a state of panic, and if she had just come from the Veins, it was a wonder her legs hadn't given out yet. She spoke of darkness in the Veins, of her worry that the Gods would be unable to keep us safe any longer, and of her worries that we all would die.

I moved from Kahlua to Resplendence, hoping that the Glazier would follow. "Breathe, Resplendence," I spoke evenly, my worry growing thicker with this new information and the states that my herdmates were coming to me in. "If this is indeed anything like the endless night, we will prevail just as we did before." Perhaps it wasn't wise of me to speak so surely of myself, but even if it meant lying, I needed to calm the pair, and keep their minds straight and together. If we couldn't think clearly, to strategize and form some kind of defense, then whatever this dark force was would win without a doubt.

Before I could get another word in, or even offer some form of physical comfort to the nurse, her knees buckled and she fell to the ground in a heap of hair. Bister eyes widened as she collapsed and I quickly moved closer, dropping my head and nosing at her cheek. I didn't know what was happening to her, if this was only a panic attack or something more, but my heart boomed against my chest in a fit of pure worry. "Suli," I spoke aloud, warranting the dragoness' immediate attention. "Go and fetch help; a doctor, or Quilyan, if you can find him. But be careful." The little green obeyed at once, spreading her wings and leaping from her perch on my neck, taking to the skies and disappearing into the thick forestry of the Edge.

[ooc - Sorry if this all seems kind of... jumbled .___.]

talk talk talk

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Stand Together [ALL] - by Destrier - 12-31-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Kahlua - 01-01-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Resplendence - 01-01-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Destrier - 01-04-2014, 06:36 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Kahlua - 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM