the Rift

[OPEN] tranquility

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The shadow-mare had not heard of the threat moving through the world; even if she had, she would likely not have changed her behavior. A part of her, perhaps, still imagined that she was untouchable, a unicorn to be revered and held on high - but it was a small part, tucked away in the craggy recesses of her memory, shoved into the darkest corner and locked away to be forgotten. It is interesting how the mind works, however - for the things you try hardest to forget are often the things that you remember the most.

When the small voice shook her from her momentary comfort, that old darkness again reared its ugly head, and for a moment her auds flicked back, her pupils dilated, and her mouth slid into an ugly sneer; but the moment was followed by horror, and she closed her eyes as she fought the urge to hate. She had been hateful too much, for too long. She wasn't that Empress anymore. She didn't want to be. Even if she did not yet realize that her ideals were changing, she knew that this - the immediate disgust when greeted by an appearance different than her own - was wrong.

She swallowed, hard. She took a deep breath.

She opened her eyes.

He stood before her, something fearful in his approach - and she couldn't blame him for that - all wings and darkness and silver and oddness, and as she looked him over, she realized that she knew him. What was his name... Merric? Manic? Was that it? No, no - Mesec. Mesec... yes. He wasn't really so horrible, she realized, though she still didn't understand the mechanics of wings. It just didn't make sense for horses to fly. "Ah - Mesec," she stuttered. Had she been human, her face would have been red with an embarrassed flush, but as a unicorn, she was spared that particular humiliation.

"I'm... well, I don't know, really..." She was scrambling for words, memories of how harshly she had treated him bombarding her from within. "I'm just... wandering, I suppose." Was that guilt flooding her system? Was that how it felt to regret one's actions? What was she supposed to do now?

@[Mesec]

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
tranquility - by Psyche - 12-31-2013, 07:31 AM
RE: tranquility - by Mesec - 01-02-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: tranquility - by Psyche - 01-16-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: tranquility - by Déodat - 01-17-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: tranquility - by Mesec - 01-19-2014, 05:26 AM
RE: tranquility - by Psyche - 01-19-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: tranquility - by Random Event - 01-20-2014, 10:39 PM