the Rift

[OPEN] tranquility

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>

I waited for it, that sickly sweet, lie of a smile to cross the Empress' face. When her eyes turned to me, the twisting of her ears and the downwards jerk of her mouth weren't surprising in the least. For some time I thought I'd never be bothered again by the way one looked at me, but as Psyche glowered, I was proved horribly wrong. My wings pressed closer to my side in way of comfort, and suddenly I felt truly disgusting. I swallowed thickly and was about to say something more, but the spectacle that was happening before me was hardly something I could interrupt.

The black mare looked as though she were fighting that look off of her face, forcing her eyes closed and sucking in a deep breath. It seemed to work, for when she opened her eyes again, she looked completely different in my eyes. I didn't know what she was truly feeling at this moment in time, but she looked calmer, different, and without that ugly sneer on her face, I found she looked much gentler. A gentle Psyche... the thought alone was almost terrifying, but here I was, standing before the Basin leader and witnessing it.

For a moment, I didn't know what to say as she addressed me, claiming that she was simply wandering like some lost soul. My surprise surely showed all across my face, and only after assuring that my jaw had not fallen to the forest floor did I gather myself again, picking my head up a bit more and regarding her with a kind look despite all the hatred she had ever shown me. It was difficult, admittedly, but never did I want to fall into the pit of the bad guy or the vengeful one.

"W-Wandering?" I stammered then, genuinely confused as to why the dark Lady would be wandering aimlessly during such a tumultulous time as this. Was she not aware of the ascending darkness, perhaps? Had she been brainwashed? It made sense in my mind, for while she looked like the Dark Empress I remembered save for her horn, she certainly didn't act like it. "But... don't you know what's happening? Haven't you seen -- felt it? The darkness?" Without sounding absolutely out of my mind, I wasn't entirely sure how to descibe what I'd seen back in the marsh nor felt at the shores of the endless blue. "I know that... that our beginnings weren't so well," I went on, keeping my gaze upon Psyche's own and doing my best to gauge what she might be thinking of my words. "But there's something bad here in Helovia. Some sort of evil that far darker than the night that fell over us a few seasons ago. Please, I know where many are hidi--"

I was cut off by the sound of another, and my skin began to crawl at once when I turned my head to look upon the culprit. The painted stallion which stood before us looked as though he'd leapt from my coltish nightmares and into reality. His eyes were as black as the midnight sky, his side was slathered in an endless stream of blood, and his muzzle was nothing but exposed bone. Pure terror gripped at my very soul and instinct told me to run, but my hooves remained planted firmly in the soil. The decaying thing lunged forward only a moment later, lashing out with a set of impressive horns. I didn't know what this thing was, why a sickly cloud of green followed in its stead, why it looked the way it did or why it was suddenly attacking us, but one thing was for sure; I would not leave Psyche here in order to save my own hide.

"NO!! I called out, shoving myself forward and towards the demonic being, head dropped and neck curled, horn poised to go into our adversary's left side. Whether my attack hit its mark or not, I then took to the shadows unless I was stopped, disappearing only to reappear on the stallion's opposite side several yards away, ears flattened and prepared to launch another attack if I was able. "Leave, demon!!"

@[Random Event]

"talk talk talk"
  in the corner of a dark room.
breathless-dk, EveLivesey, and Burtn @ deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
tranquility - by Psyche - 12-31-2013, 07:31 AM
RE: tranquility - by Mesec - 01-02-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: tranquility - by Psyche - 01-16-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: tranquility - by Déodat - 01-17-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: tranquility - by Mesec - 01-19-2014, 05:26 AM