the Rift

[PRIVATE] one more day, one more time [abba]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
I had run right into him. Apparently I needed to work on my depth perception with the actual additive of colour and the ability to focus in on objects now. As I closed my eyes and stumbled backwards, prepared for some sort of kick to come towards my chest or face I made sense of the looming figure before me. It was definitely Alleo, but he was bunching his muscles and seeming to fall straight into the pool of water before the tree.

A whinny escaped my maw, almost like a laugh, but definitely sounding sorrowful, as if it were an apology. I allowed my eyes to open again, taking in his pale form as his black locks stuck to his face and his neck. He seemed to turn around carefully, muscled tensed just enough to seem irritated, or so the vibrations around me told me. I still couldn't figure out the actual appearance when the colour and the vibrancy of the world was added in. It seemed as though I had a lot to get used to now.

I shuddered, shaking out my body as I glanced back up toward the sky, hoping to see the baby hawk flying around. Alas, I was not that lucky. It was the sound of my name that pulled my attention back toward the reality in front of me. No more memories of the hawk that had once been my other half. He's gone. Accept it. I kept telling myself that. But, I didn't feel whole anymore, and I wanted to break something for the creation that had ripped him from me and killed him. But, I didn't know what to attack, what to shatter.

It was strange, how now it seemed as though I was angry. Angry at the world. But, perhaps it had been the sight of the hawk that had changed that all. I shook my head, forcing my attention back on Alleo as I heard more word fall from his mouth. He seemed to be leaning off to the side, as if to peer around me - which I must say was completely unnecessary considering just how tall he was in comparison to me - and his brows were furrowing in confusion. He asked if I was okay, and I nodded my head, right as he asked if I was running from something.

Instantly I shook my head. No. No. Not running from something. Running after something... But I couldn't explain. I couldn't form the words. And he was walking now, his large body splashing the water out of his way as he came back onto the land. He stood only a few steps away from my frame as he continued to look toward the forest, and I continued to shake my head. For some reason, though, I doubted that he was actually paying attention to the shaking of my head, telling him that I was not running away from anything. I open my jaw, my throat tightening as I go to actually speak only to feel like I was being choked. I supposed that just because I desired to speak more that the desire to keep me mute was stronger. Instantly I shut my jaw, ears pinning in disdain before I coughed a little, inhaling quickly to gather back the air that had not been allowed to enter my lungs.

When he seemed to find nothing he moved a few steps past me, continuing to look at the forest from whence I had come to see if there was something, anything, that would explain why I had crashed into his frame so distastefully.

I couldn't stand to watch him look around like a lost puppy anymore, trying to find something to protect the damsel from when there was absolutely no need for it. I snorted once and stamped my right fore hoof against the harsh dirt. Alleo. Dammit. Nothing is out there. I thought to myself, grumbling in my head about how it seemed that being mute was not having any advantages. However, had I honestly expected there to be? Maybe... Perhaps I thought I'd not have to explain to anyone what was going on... Oh, I was an idiot. It seemed that when I just needed that shoulder to cry on, to mourn this loss I would not be able to gain any of it. For how was I to explain the tightness in my heart - the crushing suffocating feeling of being alone and lost when the one who had known me the best was gone - if I was unable to speak?

I shook my head before closing the distance between us, stopping beside his drenched frame, a smirk upon my mouth at how silly he looked. Definitely edging towards a lost puppy. But he was strong, and his pelt being matted down by the water only continued to show the muscles that had been hidden before I had run into his hind end. Another stomp of my hoof to get his attention before I reached up and snagged a lock of his mane. Gently, I tugged on the wet piece of hair to try and get his attention completely onto me. My eyes actually locked on his, the orbs focusing for once, and then I bumped his shoulder, allowing my warm breath to brush against his pelt if he would allow it for a few moments before I took a step back.

My audits were perked up, and I turned my head, resting my maw against the glowing hawk on my haunches for a few moments before tossing my head up to the sky as if I were looking for one of them. I don't know how long I stood like that. Maybe it was only but thirty seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. My chest tightening as my eyes watered, begging for something to crack, for something to pay for the death of my companion. And, when I looked back at him my nostrils were flared, trying to take in all the oxygen possible to keep my throat from burning as the tears slid down my face.

I was alone, even if the protector who had told me about this hawk marking was right in front of me. I couldn't explain. And so I was alone...

Messages In This Thread
one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-01-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-01-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 12:11 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM