Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
Below my soul
I feel an engine
Collapsing as it sees the pain
If I could only shut it out...
</style>

His eyes closed and his head lowered to be within her reach as she lifted her muzzle to his faced and tenderly brushed it over his eyes. He knew for sure then that the nod of her head had been a yes to his question of if she could see. He was confused when, moments later, she reeled back as if he had tried to physically harm her. His brows furrowed and his ears tilted back against his head as she squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head. "What did I say?" he asked, confusion lacing his deep voice. "I didn't mean to upset you." He took a step forward then stopped, wondering if maybe she just didn't want to be close to him and it struck him as odd at how much the idea hurt. Was he really that unlikable? Mares threatened him in the Threshold and the one that he'd managed to have a decent conversation with suddenly was acting as if she didn't want anything to do with after she'd nearly ran him down. She could at least be appreciative that he'd taken a nosedive into water instead of bashing her skull in.

She simply nodded and touched the marking, answering his questions in stride with either a nod or a shake of her head. Alleo was worried for the mare because he couldn't ask her what happened without having to play a guessing game to get an answer. He wanted to know how she had gotten her sight back and why she had traded her voice for it if only to sate his curiosity because he really was happy for her that she could see now.

When he asked if she had been looking for a hawk and her answer came it only brought on more confusion to the stallion. She nodded her head then shook it. "You're... not looking for a hawk?" He hated being confused and wished that he could tap into her pretty little mind and see what she was trying to tell him for himself so he could understand her. That desire for understanding was squashed when she began to cry and he brushed the tears away with his muzzle when she allowed him to. "Shh." He murmured to her as she pressed her face against his shoulder. Alleo stood still for a moment before he gingerly touched his muzzle to her shoulder. "Don't cry, Rasta." His voice remained gentle, but in no way was he trying to to be condescending, "Whatever's going on I'll help you." He didn't know if he would be able to, but he'd sure as hell try. He wasn't sure how she would react, but Alleo reached his neck over Rasta's and pulled her close and squeezed her to his chest in a manner that he felt would help to calm her and he didn't move until she'd finally been able to calm herself so their guessing game could continue.

Several minutes latter Alleo released his hold on Rasta and watched her as she, again, lipped at the hawk marking on her flank, but then she touched her muzzle to his chest where his heart was. An ear flicked back then forward and he continued to stare, a look of concentration on his face. He knew that whatever she was trying to tell him had something to do with the marking, obviously from the way she kept going back from it, and he remembered talking to her about it on the beach. He thought back to their conversation, his mind shifting through snippets of conversation before he finally remembered.

"I don't... recall ever having this marking. I might have gained it when I lost my original companion crossing over here..."

His face seemed to light up and he even grinned a little. "Companion." He said. "You said you got the marking when you crossed over and that you lost your companion. A hawk." His mismatched gaze focused on the marking. But what did 'losing' entail? Was it simply lost and waiting to be found? Or was it lost forever, killed in some horrible manner that left the mare looking so heartbroken? "Is it alive?" He dared to ask as he prepared himself for another flood of tears.

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-01-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-01-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 12:11 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 01:14 AM