the Rift

[OPEN] Carpe Deim

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
[Image: jWPP4oi.png]

I could feel the dust begin to collect in my nostrils, almost as if it were being pushed up into my lungs. It only takes a second for me to start to cough, eyes narrowing as I back up and get away from the plume of dust that had started to form.

It is with that cough that I begin to pay attention to everything around me again and notice the world around me and I gave Hector a welcoming bob as he landed behind me. Usually, I would have jumped from the random appearance of a stag near me, but since I could see I knew that he would have been coming sooner or later. There was a half-smile prominent on his face, but confusion lingered in the built lines. And then, his voice rang in the air. Compassion didn't seem to fill his words, though, and so I only tilted my head to the side before nodding my head. Yes. I can see but not speak. It was only when I looked into his eyes that I realized there really was concern in the back of his head about me.

He headed towards me, looking at what I was digging it up. After demonstrating the difficult portion of the dig I watched as he easily used his sharp hooves against the lip and lowered his face until his largest horn could lift it away completely. As I closed my eyes to find another piece of metal I could feel his muscles on his face shift, a joy as if he had gone through a victory, before he placed it into a heap closer towards the wall.

A smile graced my lips each time I felt one fall upon his as I searched for the next piece to dig up. And, after about twenty or so chunks of metal, ranging in size from my shoulder to my barrel were excavated from the earth I gave a small nicker of approval a the pile near the wall. Sohalia will be happy. She won't have to dig so much to get the metal for whatever task is needed next.

And so, I headed back over towards the looming stag with his huge frame. There a foot and a half of height difference between us, but I don't really care as I know he is supposed to be someone that I can call family. Gently, I brush my maw against his shoulder, having to reach up and still only able to touch the lower quarter of it in thanks for the help. And then i toss my head in the direction of the Oasis. Perhaps a break, a drink of water, and then we could return to the work, making another pile near the other unfinished side of wall to continue to aid Sohalia in her building of something to protect us.

Slowly, I begin to head that direction, looking back and watching to see if he is going to follow me or now.

two feet standing on a principle
two hands digging in each others wounds
cold smoke seeping out of colder throats

darkness falling, leaves nowhere to move

chunga-stock | prints-of-stock

Messages In This Thread
Carpe Deim - by Hector - 01-01-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: Carpe Deim - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Carpe Deim - by Hector - 01-02-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Carpe Deim - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: Carpe Deim - by Hector - 01-03-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: Carpe Deim - by Rasta - 01-04-2014, 10:08 PM