the Rift

[PRIVATE] Face the Music

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes
Sometimes we've no choice, but to walk away

Evers took a moment to catch his breath. The long path up to the fields was not an easy one, especially when you were as skinny and malnourished as he was. It was a magnificent place full of beauty and elegance, it almost seemed untouched by the worlds troubles, simply continuing onwards as nature intended. It brought both joy and pain to the eyes of Evers, the last time he was here was the instigation of all the trouble to come later, many times he would revisit this memory and think of better words. Speak of friendship instead of love, perhaps then he wouldn't have scared her off, wouldn't have hurt her like he had, unknowingly. The blue had never experienced love before, or at least, that was what he originally thought. A mind long in hibernation was slowly waking up and stirring memories of a younger self, more happy with a mare and... A foal. A daughter. Gone.

He squeezed his eyes shut. The blue didn't understand these flashbacks, Mandrake was gone, who now could he ask? Did Archibald know what they meant? Surely not, he was just a boy in terms of age to Evers. Unless he was told by his mother... The roan snorted and moved off towards the stream, pushing thoughts of dead lovers and children out of his mind with excruciating pain. Mandrake was gone, it was supposed to be a new freedom, instead he felt like someone was choking him from the inside and robbed him of any means to stop it. He didn't want to feel like this, never once had he asked for this, but perhaps this was punishment for all his previous sins. There were a lot of them after all.

Evers waited. For once he was expecting company, Rita was no longer by his side and instead she was poking around near the Windtossed Foothills, looking for Irrydae. He could not contact his beautiful hound at such a distance, their mental speech was not yet that brilliant. Instead he trusted the bitch to return to him like she always had. It was time to settle things with Irrydae, but what Evers was unsure about, was the direction in which it should be settled.

( @[Irrydae] paddeh has permission to power play Rita!)

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae
"What do I seek? Why, isn't that a secret?"
"Maybe you'll find out in time - maybe I, will find out in time."

Irrydae looks at the ground, wondering whether she should visit the Threshold again or patrol the borders. It does not take long for a decision, her tired body unwilling to make the trip to the forest. Maw brushing the water of her pool, she pulls away and trots toward the border of her lands, bicolored tail swishing absent-mindedly. She had not done much patrolling since her shift with Evers. Her heart skips a beat at the thought, fluid steps stuttering slightly. Irrydae shakes her cranium, pushing the thought away. She was starting to think he did not want to see her anymore - she does not blame him for her reaction in the Threshold. Embarrassing. So, so embarrassing. Despite her over-reaction he had remained collected, and told her he would send Rita. A painful smile lifts the corners of her mouth at the thought of his soft blue eyes and the scrawny blue body that insisted only the best for her. She did not deserve him.

Irrydae slows when she reaches the waterfall, golden eyes peering at the gushing water that soothed her mind and thoughts. Ears perked forward, she pushes herself into a smooth canter, letting the sound of her own hoof beats fill the silence. Wings float alongside her, rocking slightly with her gait. Nares flare as she reaches the edge, slowing down to a trot again - something she could maintain longer. With a sigh, Irrydae trudges along the border, golden eyes alert as she keeps her mind focused only on the task ahead.

Quite some time passes before a fresh scent hits her. Irrydae snorts, stopping and looking around. It was not one of a horse, and it was one she recognized. Golden eyes catch sight of a wriggling figure, small and petite. Her head cocks slightly, eyes narrowing as she tries to identify it. Could it be...? Rita bounds towards her, yipping and body wriggling excitedly. Happiness overwhelms her and an excited laugh bubbles from her lips. "Rita!" Irrydae trots over to meet her, lowering her head to the greyhound. They touch noses and Irrydae laughs at the bouncing pup... if you could call her a pup anymore. Rita wriggles excitedly before bounding off a few steps. Irrydae's breath hitches. Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Evers. Irrydae glances back at the Foothills wondering if they would mind her disappearance. It seems like thats all she does anymore. She purses her lips, tail flicking nervously. She would finish when she got back.

Irrydae lopes after Evers's bonded, heart thudding erratically and nervousness growing in her stomach. Butterflies also fluttered in her stomach and she felt as if she could heave. Irrydae watches the greyhound, wondering if that thing ever runs out of energy. She smiles at her, and she nearly falls on her face when she notices the narrowing trail and thickening fog.

Heavenly Fields.

She skids to a stop, breath increasing quickly and mouth opening in a silent protest. Rita gazes at her with soft eyes, sitting and waiting. Hyperventilating, Irrydae paces and works on slowing her breathing. Once back to a normal rate, Irrydae nods once and follows Rita up the winding trail with wings tucked in at her sides. She squints to follow the small figure of Rita, though she knows this trail almost by heart now. As the fog starts to thin, Irrydae slows down, biting the inside of her cheek. Rita doesn't stop and Irrydae reluctantly follows, stepping into the bright light. She squints, wings falling at her sides as she gulps down air.

Hey eyes fall on the beautiful blue pelt of Evers, eyes softening and throat tightening. What is she supposed to say? "Evers," she hears herself say, voice warm and relieved. Heart grows wild as she approaches him, crisp air grazing her skin. "Rita found me." Just like you said. It took you long enough, Irrydae thinks, and instantly regrets her words. Stupid, stupid. She exhales, realizing she had been holding her breath. Her heartbeat rings in her ears and she smiles lightly, shifting her weight between each leg. "I-" She doesn't know what to say, despite how much she could. "How have you been, Evers?" She decides on, eyes gazing at him softly.

[ @[Evers] I DID NOT EXPECT THIS TO BE THIS LONG WOW ]

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes
Sometimes we've no choice, but to walk away

I have returned.

A small smile forms on the lips of the blue as his bonded announces her presence, they may not have been apart for long, but Evers had missed his faithful hound who was always by his side either chasing butterflies or giving him an earful. Like most of the females in his life did. Rita was a kind soul, seemingly uncaring to the evil in the world, yet at the same time she always appeared very wise to it. Her simple presence and blunt observations kept the Able going to an extent that Evers wasn't quite sure how he'd got on before her. Even now, in the midst of the new turmoil invading his mind she was light, a light that would never change or go away. Something he could grab onto and feel safe beside, Evers hadn't realized how lonely he'd been until Rita came along. Now he couldn't imagine a life without her as his gaze finds his bonded's slight, athletic form and the sapphire eyes that saved him everyday. Though this time Rita had brought him something bigger than her usual dead rabbit, her present was very much alive and very much appreciated. Irrydae.

Once she'd seemed like a lifetime away, lost in his own emotional pain, those cascades of alabaster mane framing her beautiful lavender face were but some fairytale dream and yet; here she was. All sparkles and beauty threatening to steal away his heart in a single glance. The years fell from his face as lips creased into a warm, welcoming smile to embrace her voice as she walked over as he reminded himself that an idiot like himself did not deserve her. Their meeting took a different tone to last time, her gaze less wild and her lips quivering on words like she wanted to say so much, but didn't know how. He knew that feeling, he wanted to express a million apologies at once, tell her of his pain and heal under her touch. He could not bring himself to burden her with such things though if she asked he wasn't sure how much he could keep in without giving it away all over his face.

"Well enough, my family has been causing me headaches." He snorted, even when Mandrake was dead and they were all but disbanded still they caused him headaches. The Able had already come to accept that they would continue to do so for the rest of his days, they had been such a big part of his life and still were. Archibald... Darwin. Darwin! Earth's beard he'd forgotten about that boy, presumed still safe in the Foothills, though he hadn't actually gone to check. He swallowed a thousand curses and pushed the little brown colt away from his mind, he would check later and hopefully not run into Archibald on the way.

Moving on he thought about what to say next, finding the right words at the exact moment wasn't an easy thing and he took a deep breath. Start at the beginning. "Irrydae I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you like that, I thought after our talk here last time it would be better if I wasn't around. I didn't want to burden you with my feelings or make you feel uncomfortable." His voice was soft as he explained, that was his initial reason for leaving the Foothills. The reason for him leaving Helovia, however, was completely different and still those memories plagued him. A life long lost unearthed after Mandrake's death, he needed some time to handle them and learn to push them away.

When the mist in his mind had cleared a little; Evers and Rita had returned.

@[Irrydae] (irry essay :O)

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae
"What do I seek? Why, isn't that a secret?"
"Maybe you'll find out in time - maybe I, will find out in time."

Spending that short time with Rita, Irrydae longed even more for her own companion. But she was unworthy, she had received nothing from the Giving Tree and she had spent her half her time wondering what exactly she has done wrong (and trust me, there are plenty of things that crushes her with guilt... her whole life was a wrong-doing it seemed) and the other half the time thinking about Evers.

There was no need to daydream about the blue stallion; here he stood right in front of her, thin body and soft eyes all right here. He was actually here - no imagination, no dream, no tricks. Despite the ragged and thinned hair, it only looked lush. They are cascading black locks that detail his face. When his whole face lit up in a smile, butterflies fluttered through her stomach, wrenching in the pit of it and she wonders how he could be so excited to see her. Golden orbs eat up his form, for she is afraid if she blinks he will only disappear. And yet, despite how many times her eyes flash closed, he still stands there. Her heart melts as his voice overwhelms her, 'Well enough, my family has been causing me headaches.' A small laugh bubbles from her lips as her heart thuds in her ears, but pain also crosses through her heart. Doesn't most his family live here? When did he actually leave Helovia? Irrydae's lips part in the question but only silence slips from her.

'Irrydae I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you like that, I thought after our talk here last time it would be better if I wasn't around. I didn't want to burden you with my feelings or make you feel uncomfortable.' Again, she is at lost for words despite how much she could and wanted to say. Frog in her throat, tears prickling at the back of her eyes, she speaks, "It's- It's not your fault. It's mine." Irrydae sighs, eyes turning down, "My mother always was devoid of any emotion towards anyone and that was how I grew up. I had the same reaction when she died and told me she loved me. I overreacted. I messed up. I messed up so bad, Evers. You have no idea how bad I felt and how bad I still feel. It plagued me every day, and when you left.... Evers I don't know how I survived, she chokes out, "I don't even remember some of it, especially right after you left. Then I only let down the herd and it just made it so much worse because I can't do anything right. Tears stream down her face and she does not know when they started. Shame runs through her veins - why was she always so emotional? "But please don't blame yourself, Evers. This was all my doing and all my fault. And I still hate myself for that," Irrydae murmurs softly, golden orbs looking up at his beautiful face. She steps toward him, closing the distance and breathing in his wonderful scent.

And suddenly, Irrydae laughs. "But... you're here now. And I love you. I love you, Evers, I love you. She breaths in his ear, heart thudding violently and adrenaline running fresh through her veins. A shaky smile spreads across her face, hope sparkling fresh in her eyes. There are two things that Irrydae knows:

Evers was here. He was finally here.

And she loved him.

[ @[Evers] WHAT PLOT TWIST ]

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death