the Rift

[PRIVATE] one more sunset, baby [Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
The sleep was good. I couldn't recall the last time that I had managed to sleep an entire night through. I would admit that I had felt him move, head resting upon my shoulder, sometimes my neck, throughout the night. I had felt his breath pulsating across my flesh, another small semblance of warmth as my body got too used to the cold to react to the freezing down to the bone. There was no doubt that I was going to get sick from this encounter in the water which I had placed upon myself - I just hadn't expected it to be so cold when I had entered the lake.

It was when I could more warmth against my skin, trying to heat up my freezing body, that I heard my name. My audits flickered a little until they were caught in his maw, being tickled by his lips. A gentle snort escaped from my maw as I shifted my head, rocking my weight a little bit but not wanting to leave the lull's of sleep. But, with the sound of his voice telling me to wake up, as well as the tug upon my mane I rocked my way to my feet and then pulled on his mane with a smile on my face. Gently, I blew into his cheek in a thank you, before stepping back just far enough so that he could get to his own feet. I listened to his joints pop as his large frame finally stood up.

One flick of his tail and a gentle smile before he asked again if it was to the Foothills. I nodded my head. Can't deal with Pegasi, too alone... I thought to myself before following close behind him at a walk. It was slow, but it was just right. Not too fast for me as I got used to the depth of the world around me while I had my sight, but not too slow to where I could focus my mind upon all of the memories that were still swirling around in my brain.

We stopped once or twice, to make sure that I was keeping hydrated. But my body was slowly beginning to become more and more exhausted, everything a bit more labored. Stupid water. I shook my head a couple of times at the question of if I was okay, a few coughs escaping from my lungs during the latter portion of our journey. It was during the last leg of the travel that I was basically walking pressed up against his side, head low, limbs dragging. Sleep. Feel like death... But, if I feel like death it is probably not the best idea to be sleeping, at least not until I had seen a healer...

It seemed that finally we had crossed the border into the Foothills. I could see his muscles much less tense, and his frame turned back towards me, announcing that this was, indeed, the Foothills. He nodded off deeper into the lands before asking if I wished to stay here until Tallsun. Delicately, I stepped forward and merely lipped at his side. With you. It's safer... I thought before I started to cough again, body trembling at the strength of the coughs. I had definitely been soaked to the bone, and my immune system was not used to the water attaching to a thin pelt in the winter. I had always had a thick coat, but thanks to the Throat that had changed.

I lowered my head, eyes falling closed as I pinned my ears back in weakness. I hated not being able to be strong. I hated looking like this...

Messages In This Thread
one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-03-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Lakota - 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-03-2014, 02:02 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Lakota - 01-04-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-04-2014, 03:52 AM