the Rift

[PRIVATE] one more sunset, baby [Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
He seemed to be watching me closely as we headed back towards his home, taking in each and every change to my demeanor from when we had first crossed paths not even a day prior. As I shook my head in response to the question of my wellbeing he stopped and pressed his maw to my neck. Perhaps he was trying to feel for a temperature, but I couldn't be sure.

As we walked across the border into his lands he asked if I would be willing to stay with him. And, again, I lipped at his side trying to get the message across I believed he had missed earlier. As I continued to lip at his side he pressed his maw to my cheek and said the meaning that I had been trying for in the first place. I nodded my head a little. Yes. Finally! I almost grumbled to myself had I the amount of strength to actually be annoyed by how long it had taken someone who had gotten everything else so quickly. He said that he would keep me safe, and for some reason I believed it even after all the abuse I had lived through for so many years. A gentle tug on his ear in thanks before he said to stay close to him. That I can do... I thought to myself, giving a gentle bob of my head.

Of course, the coughs began to rack my body again and my muscled trembled, weakness taking over my frame from the strength of the coughing. He was stepping forward the instant I coughed, his neck stretching across my back as he pulled me up to his chest again, waiting for the trembling to stop. A few more bouts of it and I feel as though my legs are going give out on me any second, the journey here far more exhausting than it should have been. He says that his sister is a healer, and that we will have to see her soon. Instantly I'm shaking my head, backing away. No. No. I don't need a healer. It's just a cold. I'll be fine! I hardened the lines on my face and forced myself to stand up taller. Look! I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine. Just a cough. It's the foliage. But I knew it wasn't, and deep down I knew that I needed to see one or I wouldn't allow myself to sleep. But I would not be drug to one. I would let myself heal over time...

Messages In This Thread
one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-03-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Lakota - 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-03-2014, 02:02 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Lakota - 01-04-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-04-2014, 03:52 AM