the Rift

[PRIVATE] one more sunset, baby [Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
As the ground shook I could see his expression change to one of shock, one of panic. And then the panic changed to disbelief, as if he couldn't understand why I didn't want to be helped, to be prodded and messed with. And, after the second earthquake had started to subside I locked eyes with him, the distrust sliding into my orbs. They'll kill me... I'm not one of them. I thought, locking my jaw and flaring my nostrils to keep tears from falling again. He's gritting his teeth, and he's annoyed.

But my body can't last long enough to actually put up much of a fight, and I'm on the ground in a ball, legs collapsing underneath me. I squeezed my orbs shut, feeling the vibrations as they spread out across the land, sensing the tensing of his ears as he pricks them forward and shouts a name. Lakota. His sister. It was his voice that kept me from trying to stumble back to my feet - to try and turn tail and run.

Of course, I don't think I could have done that even if I'd wanted to, my body was too weak from the travel back to the Foothills from the Deep Forest, and all it wanted to do was lull me into a sleep. So, it was trembling again, forcing my muscles to not give me the allowance to clamber to my feet. Alleo is at my side, pulling me back onto his side in an attempt to keep me warm as I continue to tremble from the exhaustion of my body as it tries to let the cold form into something much, much worse. He said that he'd told me he'd keep me safe - that I had to trust him. And it's those words that make me cry, for had he really know the two hundred thousand years I'd lived and the consistent abuse from those who said they would save me he would understand why I had wanted to heal on my own.

Another couple of coughs and my body is officially falling apart. I'm burying my head against his chest, trying to hide my eyes from the world. It was as if I felt if I couldn't see the world than they couldn't see me..

But, of course the world did not work like that, and as I felt the padding of hooves moving quickly I knew that we would not be alone and that it would take all of me to not send more earth shattering vibrations through the grounds - ones that would actually knock someone off of their feet should they not be carefully planted to the ground they were standing upon. Brother hit my ears and I knew it had to be Lakota, my exhausted mind finally connecting the two. There was some kind of bear beginning to circle us, and I tensed my limbs. Has to be a companion. Doesn't make sense otherwise... I thought to myself, but it still wasn't comforting me any.

Now the bear can just rip my throat out and she can claim it was an accident, let me bleed out before she tries to heal me... I was trembling even more, trying to force my cranium deeper against his chest after peering up at the mare in front of us. She said she was going to have to touch me to heal me, and if I could speak I would have thanked her for the warning. After all, had it not been given there were no promises that I would not have tried to shake her off of her feet, feeling too threatened and to fragile to save myself.

However, as her muzzle pressed against my shoulder I flinched away, leaner even closer to Alleo in an attempt to distance the two of us. A snort of panic escaping my mouth as my eyes opened wider. Let her heal... Just let her heal... I pleaded with myself, knowing I was in need of a healer but too taken by my fears of what she would do because I was an outsider. I was not meant to be here. But Helovia was going to have to be my new home, I had no home to return to anymore..

Reluctantly, I leaned back into her touch, eyes watching her warily as the mare closed her eyes and I felt something begin to surge through my body. God. She's going to kill me. She's going to kill me. I couldn't stop repeating it, but I couldn't jerk away again. But it wasn't just the soothing of my throat and lungs that occurred, I felt somewhat energized in the process as well. It was only when the mare stood and backed away that I actually took in a breath of air and closed my eyes, trying to relax myself from the idea that I was going to be murdered. Memories of my broken back flashed through my cranium and I winced, forcing myself to not cry in front of the mare before me.

I'm strong. I've always been strong. It's not changing...

And she offers her name and then her companion. My audits perk at the word, confirming my beliefs, but it also brings tears to my eyes. The bear barks and sits loyally at the mare's side and I nod my head, my jaw trembling a little. It's not like I can talk. I really shouldn't even try. But, I didn't want to see rude either and be attacked for a lack of manners.

So, upon deciding that this seems to be the better idea, I allow my mouth to open, as if I'm going to speak and then stop short, no words able to escape as I had known. Alleo would introduce me, right? Gently, I tugged on his mane, eyes meeting his as I tried to ask for him to explain this whole thing to his sister because I just couldn't.

And then, I am staggering to my feet again, stepping a few strides to the side so that Alleo can stand as well before bowing my head in thanks, hiding my orbs behind my locks of hair. At least she didn't kill me right there... doesn't mean I'm safe forever, though. Mares hold grudges, and help stags attacks. It was a combination of both that tortured me over my two hundred thousand years...

Messages In This Thread
one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-03-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Lakota - 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-03-2014, 02:02 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Lakota - 01-04-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: one more sunset, baby [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-04-2014, 03:52 AM