the Rift

[OPEN] Food Chain [Teras, Open]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
One more home. She knew the routine well. Edge to Threshold, find friend, Threshold to Edge, welcome to Edge. All-in-all, it wasn't too bad. She actually like the work. It gave her something to do when she would otherwise have nothing. And it was always better for the silly girl to stay active, because otherwise she ended up wandering around the Edge and blabbering everyone's ear off about nonsense they probably didn't give one care about. Except Res. Resplendence would always listen to her, no matter what sort of craziness she wanted to talk about. That was why Resplendence was her best friend. Forever.

Speaking of Resplendence, Kahlua was desperately in need of her in this very moment. She only hoped she could get the pup to the doctor before his pain became too great. Giving him a sidelong glance, to make sure he was keeping up with her, the girl finally caught sight of the glass wall. But right now, she was on a mission, so even though she loved the barrier and loved even more to show it off, she only mentioned it in passing as she headed directly for the opening that would let them in. “Here is the barrier to our home. The only way in is this doorway,” she explained, never faltering in her pace. Resplendence hadn't been able to teach her much about plants, Kahlua's mind not equipped for such details, but the more time the painted woman spent with Res the more she felt a compulsive need to make everything hurt feel better, somehow. Or, at least bring them to Res so that Res could make them feel better. Same difference.

“Our doctor is through the woods,” she explained, always moving forward. “She'll help you!” Her voice was determined, though still dancing. Resplendence would be proud of her. She wasn't even bouncing. “RES!” she called brightly as they finally came closer to the garden, the area still a little way off in the distance but close enough now that Kahlua could make out the rows of neatly planted herbs that Resplendence's disciples had planted. “Res, I have a friend that needs help. Please don't be alarmed, though! He's nice!” She had found out through continued interaction with the fallen angel that she didn't like wings. Kahlua wasn't sure how she felt about wolf pups. She had seemed nervous, but mostly together, around Vertigon. Still.... best to give her some sort of warning.

@[Teras], @[Resplendence] and open to anyone else

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Teras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

After what seemed forever to the injured wolf pup they finally made it to his new home. Panting slightly from the effort to keep up with her, with his limited movement. His golden eyes shown brightly as he gazed at the barrier his squeaky voice even more so in his wonder, "Is that g.. g... glass Kahlua?" He struggled with the foreign word for a moment then looked up at her tongue lolling lopsidedly from his muzzle, slightly embarrassed. His golden eyes moved over the barrier towards the dooray, or something like that. His voice huffed out again, "Why do you, I mean we, I mean..." He grumbled uncomfortably struggling with with words that didn't know how to arrange themselves. "Why is this here?" He understood boundaries and marking borders, but this thing was way beyond what he had been taught, and he wanted to know more about it. His panting became slightly harder as he struggled to keep pace with her, sure she would never stop moving. His eyes roved around the trees curiously, careful to keep is sore neck still. He didn't really have the breath currently to reply to her, but he thought, 'I hope she can.'

'What on odd name, Res.' He thought rather than speaking not wanting to be rude. His eyes grew slightly as he looked at all the carefully tended plants. Curiosity burning like a wild fire in his hearts, why did they need so many plants, and why did they needed to be kept neat? He pricked his small rounded ears listening for the sound of hooves. His black body slowly lowering it's self slowly towards the ground. His dark purple head marking clearly visible. His ears twitched towards his painted traveling companion as she spoke. 'Alarmed?' He still wasn't used to animals being scared of him. His mother had taught him the basics of hunting, but he had never been. He could not keep quite he tried to sound friendly and even wagged his tail, it thumping softly on the ground, "I promise I wont hurt you or anyone, I'm just a pup anyway." He was careful to make his smile cover his teeth his tongue still lolling comically, hoping he wouldn't scare the docer.

Writing "Speech"'Thoughts'
Words:375
OOC:; I have some words spelled wrong because he can't quite remember how she said them lol @[Resplendence]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Her name is shouted through the trees. She had warned Des of the oncoming Darkness, how it was spreading and even taking over what had been one of the holiest places of Helovia. He said they would be fine, like they had during the endless night. No harm would come to the herd, but he hadn't been there when Res had. He hadn't heard the cackles and felt the prickling of her pelt as she thought she felt fingers trying to scrape her flesh the wrong way.

Resplendence supposed she should have started to come when her name was called, but her mind was partially distracted. Her herb garden had grown immensely thanks to the help of the herd, and she was going to have to be tending to plenty more of the plants very soon. So, as she started to move herbs around in her box, she heard her name called the second time, along with the word "help". Silently, she pulled herself away from her herbs, concern lacing her face as she caught the tail wind of Kahlua's voice telling her not to be concerned, that whoever her friend was was nice. What new creation has she brought THIS time? She wondered to herself before pulling herself from the shadows of the trees and out into the light beside her herb garden.

What she saw had her backing up a few steps, ear pinning a little bit against her cranium in shock. A wolf?! We brought a wolf in? Dammit. Kahlua. Can't you bring me a normal horse to heal for once? But the wolf was laying down, carefully lowering his black frame to the ground about a foot away from her herb garden. He was thumping his tail against the ground, bringing up a few small clouds of dirt in the process. He promised that he wouldn't hurt anyone, saying he was just a pup. And so she inched in closer, inspecting the wolf with no words escaping her mouth in the process. Blood was drying around his neck, matting his fur, but more was still coming. A little bit of dripping onto the ground below him. "I have to get closer, to see how bad this is - I might not be able to help, we may have to get Smoke. I do not possess any magic at the moment..." Resplendence explained, before using her maw to start to push the matted hair away, her eyes locking on the multiple gashes in his neck, closer to his spine. Blood was still coming from the wound, but not in huge amounts. Delicately, she shuffled backwards, concern lacing her eyes. "I can stop the bleeding, and give you something for the pain. It is close to your vertebrae, though. Can you move your neck without the pain shooting down your back or your legs?" Resplendence asked, looking over at Kahlua. Might need Smoke if that answer's a yes...

Res met Kahlua's gaze, not saying a word, but the stern look in her eyes meant that he should not be moving under any circumstance. And, once she was certain Kahlua got the message she trotted back towards her herb box, shuffling the herbs around until she found the Shepherd's Purse, Licorice Root, and Horehound in the box. Tearing off sections of it to give to something so small she took all three back over towards the two of them as well as a large, fallen leaf to place it on. Carefully, she ground the three herbs into paste, making three different piles on the leaf for each paste before carefully depositing it before the wolf. "Horehound, Licorice Root, and Shepherd's Purse. The Shepherd's purse will stop the bleeding, and the horehound will deal with pain. Licorice Root should activate both and make them work faster, so you aren't in as much pain and the bleeding isn't so bad." Res explained, her ear twitching. "Eat all of it, and don't move much - I'm afraid your neck might not be strong enough, and if it's snapped you could be paralyzed." Her voice was stern, definitely falling into a motherly doctor mode as she narrowed her eyes. "Where did you find him, Kahlua?" She asked, tugging on the paint's mane to pull her aside for a second. "And how far did you walk? Did he cry in pain a lot? Do you know when this happened? Do you know how this happened?" All the information was necessary, if this wolf was to be healed, and Res wasn't about to stop until she got it all.

No need to tag me each time
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
“Yes, this is glass,” she offered kindly. Somehow it was easier to be kind to pups than to be kind to foals. Perhaps because it was that the little still decidedly reminded her of a companion. Foals just reminded her of responsibility, of lost dreams, of forced confinement. She shook her head. She was determined to never have children, to never fall to the whiles of love. Of course, what Resplendence and Quilyan had was beautiful, and the painted girl loved to watch them be happy, but it was not something she wanted for herself. She wanted to be wild, to be free, to dance to any whim she had and not worry about having to rush home to a young one. And though she had responsibility to the herd, they could live without her, could run in her absence. Herds do not die for the absence of one mare. Foals perish for lack of nourishment. “It's here for protection,' she finished. “The unicorns in the north do not like us.”

Of course, she had guessed correctly. Res would come, but that she would also be frightened. Still, Kahlua was thoroughly amazed by the way that the fallen angel set immediately to work. The docile mare set aside her fright instantly, become Resplendence the Doctor instead of Resplendence the Flighty. As for Kahlua, she always admired the efficiency with which the mare did her job. Nose pushing aside fur, eyes taking in blood and puncture wounds without so much as a flinch. As for herself, Kahlua looked away but still watched from the corner of her eye. Curiosity and disgust mixed into one as the claybank kept poking and prodding, though she did manage to catch the other one's gaze as she asked her last question. Kahlua's mouth thinned into a line of understanding, head nodding. Don't move the pup. No fun. Got it.

And with it was with continued efficiency that the claybank mashed her herbs, spitting out names that Kahlua had never heard before (or had heard and forgotten). And yet, Kahlua's thin mouth could not stay that way for long. Res trying to be stern was inspiring, but also funny. Kahlua smiled. But not for long. She was pulled aside, overwhelmed with questions, and when Resplendence had finished Kahlua did her best to answer them all, trying to be as efficient as the fallen angel. “He was in the Threshold, we walked directly here. He cried sometimes, but only with sudden movements. He seemed ok when we were going slower.” She paused to take a breath. She was trying so hard to be helpful. Kahlua the nurse. It was a laughable effort. “I think it happened a while ago, he said a large male stole him from his family and then left him alone. I guess that's how he got hurt.” Blue eyes looked hopefully to Res. Had it been enough?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Teras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
At her words of unicorns confusion tore through him, 'What the hell is a unicorn?' He thought as he lay waiting on Res to come see him. His golden eyes picked up on movement and pinpointed on it. He watched the pinky toned mare balk and pin her ear at the sight of him. He didn't know much about horses, but he had watched deer during rut and they were probably pretty close, right? He took in her extra long mane and tail curiously. 'I guess horses come in all kinds of colors and sizes.' Last his gaze fixed on the flower were her ear should have been. His posture seemed to put her a little more at ease; he was careful to continue his lowered body and thumping tail. He turned his eyes on her not really wanting to move his neck to much, since it had a habit of shooting pain through him. He took in her sweet feminine voice relaxing under her gaze feeling safe like he was back with his mother. He stiffened slightly as her muzzle touched the tender puncture wounds, he couldn't help but admit a small whimper. He closed his gold eyes tightly as if trying to hide from the pain. As she pulled away he opened his eyes again and caught the look in her own orbs and felt a sinking feeling in his stomach.

He thought only briefly about lying about the shooting pain, but thought better of it. Mother always told him laying was a cruel and evil thing. His squeaky voice touched the air, "It does hurt my back a little if I move to quick or stretch my neck." he wanted to ask who Smoke was, but something told him to keep quite right now.he saw the exchanged look, but let it go, they didn't want him to know something, and that was ok. He was used to things being withheld from him, he was only a pup after all.He watched Res curiously as she plucked a picked at the plants, grinding and mixing them. 'How odd.' he thought silently as she picked up the leaves and placed them before him. He was careful to listen to everything she said about what she had given him, before obediently lowering his head and licking up the paste. They were all different, and all nasty."Yuck." He grumbled softly as he forced himself to swallow.

He spoke again addressing Res, "Thank you Miss, my name is Teras." He smiled still careful to hide his teeth and allowing his tail to thump hollowly behind him. He could already feel the pain slowly starting to leak from his body making his head spin slightly. Teras gingerly lowered his head to the ground between his overly large paws. Sharp gold eyes followed the mares movement, he was a predator and there for attracted by motion. He could faintly hear what they were saying, but knew he was to act as if he couldn't. He stead he took to gazing around at the pretty land before him. 'I guess this is my new home now, maybe one day I'll try to find my pack again, maybe not.' He kind of liked it here funny horses that were scared of placid little Teras. Having been the largest of his brothers he was supposed to be the next alpha, but he would not be anymore. A pack didn't need a laid back male, no matter how massive or scary looking. A soft sigh brushed from his lunges as he focused on the way the plants were making him dizzy and very lazy.

Walking, "Tones", 'Thinking'
Words: 601

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator