the Rift

Where the hell am I? [OPEN]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I wipe my brow
Standing among the ash and dust

I’d not visited the yawning stretch of elms and pine in nearly a full season. Other matters consumed my time, and the job of recruiting had been left to my ample warriors—they worked hard, but mostly I’d seen Africa out in about. She and others had brought fresh blood into the herd. Tonight I would ease my Oracle’s burdens slightly by traveling to yon forest and seeing the stock to be gathered for myself. The Goddess of Moon winked with half an eye, her cool light shining through an even colder evening. It was early yet, I strolled into the thicket with a familiar confidence born through years of walking between the timbers.

Fina remained behind, she lacked the enthusiasm to travel when there was plenty of hunting to be had in our warm oasis. I was rather glad she decided to stay home, this eve was good for traveling alone—allowing me to sulk in misery as I might...with no prying eyes to judge their worth. With frostfall nipping our heels, the clans were eagerly recruiting those that would be seeking protection from the storms that would surely arrive on a Northern breeze any day now.

Senses lingered on a particular scent among the many that is offered, one of foreign origin. Eventually my gaze caught sight of a dark figure between the timbers, consumed by shadow and very nearly invisible had I’d not been paying attention. Instinctively pausing a fair distance away I allowed a breath of silence to pass between us before softly calling out, “Hail friend, and good eve to ye.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Where the hell am I? [OPEN] - by Nazar - 01-04-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Where the hell am I? [OPEN] - by Midas - 01-05-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Where the hell am I? [OPEN] - by Nazar - 01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: Where the hell am I? [OPEN] - by Midas - 01-05-2014, 03:24 PM
RE: Where the hell am I? [OPEN] - by Abishia - 01-05-2014, 09:20 PM