the Rift

[OPEN] What on Earth?!

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It had been a few days since the frigid fight with the creme mare, Elsa. But now something had allured the stormy warrior to arrive upon lands well known, only to stumble upon a hole. There had been a strange notion bugging her for the past events, but the arrogant mare paid no heed. After some time exploring, she had come upon a small hole in the ground that was never spotted before by murky orbs. "What on earth?" A blunt voice muttered few words as Storm peered down below.

Mingling smells of other horses arrived to her nostrils, but she couldn't comprehend why anyone would choose to live underground. It was because Storm didn't know that infected horses were wandering Helovia: The wraiths. Having no knowledge, she managed to stumble upon the sanctuary, having no where to go, rejected once by Smoke from the World's Edge. Snorting with defiance, the haughty woman decided at once to enter into the enveloping darkness, everything pitch black except a faint glow at the end of some tunnels.

There were the shifting movements of live horses all around, the soft voices floating throughout the air. What?! Looking around, the woman was struck with desperate curiosity, yearning to know why everyone huddled around in this constricting space. Shuffling her gray wings, a light nicker erupted from her throat, beckoning someone to assist her at the moment.

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

This was a living nightmare. No, this was more like hell on earth, where the oxygen and space slowly dissapeared before my eyes. I could not move with all the horses here, and that just made my day even worse. I would have given anything to be able to go back home, where the spaceous halls buried underneath the sand, gave room to walk for days without meeting another soul.

But no, I could not. If I went back there, I would prbably try to kill my father, before I ended up like a statue. At that thought, a low growl manifestet in the throat and escaped. Let them rot there, I don't need them.

I've held myself at the back of the crowded room for sometime now, and I watched all who left and entered. Now, a dark grey mare made her entry and she looked like she had never seen horses before. I chuckled at that and began to make my way towards her. She looked like someone who could help me kill some time, even if she was born with wings. I put my usual smile on as I closed in on her. "Are you lost?" There was no point in stating the obvious, but I could not help myself. "Or are you looking for someone? A stallion perhaps?"

OOC: I hope it's okay that I answered :D

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Marco
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

What was it like out there?

I hardly understood; i remained ignorant and the silence within the caverns made little contact with an exchange of information upon the whereabouts of other equines or even what lurked as fear in the breasts of living creatures. I would be defying a savior if I dared allow my curiosity to torment me until I was weak enough to peek out into the open just once, but my conscience had second thoughts on the irrational voice weaving a story with intentions to manipulate. I constantly fought with the silent voice in my head until its sound turned muffled and the silence left me unusually pleased. The last thing I wanted to do was pull a bold act when I hardly knew the Helovian soil I stood upon. My conscience complimented me for more acceptable behavior after shuffling along through the tunnels with jagged teeth bared on walls and the ceiling. As long as none of them fell upon me, I would be greatly relieved to any gods in this land. Or karma.

A nicker ricocheted off the walls and I strained to hear more of the sound. Hooves hit the ground, and more noises unfurled, like a bird's wings, within its short distance. I hardly kept rationality in check now as curiosity swayed immediately towards the source of the sounds and a muffled conversation I had yet to hear (though, mind you, I prefer not to eavesdrop!). I entered the scene where two equines stood near each other. Are they friends or something? I mused with interest. A whole interest was the dark mare whose head was completely covered in a massive bald-marking compared to my own. I never witnessed an equine with a long cone sticking out from one's forehead before unlike the other whose wings evoked familiarity within my new life.

My eyes darted away from the cone, and I glanced benignly towards the winged one. "I heard someone calling out. Is something wrong?" I asked; allowing myself to play the nice guy. It was a possible offer I could accept if it meant making some new friends.

Words: 356
Tag(s):
Comments: Ehh, hopefuly I didn't necro or anything :x

"blah blah blah"

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Lost in the midst of thoughts, the grey mare seemed to zone out, head in the clouds. Her eyes blankly stared at the wall as she tried to piece together why horses would be gathering here. Some sort of catastrophe she supposed? Because anyways, which horse in their right mind would choose to live underground, away from the beauty of the world--especially a pegasus. In a state of trance, Storm didn't realize the approach of a crowned mare, her face masked in white while her body was shrouded in darkness. Her kind voice tore into her thoughts, and the grey mare snapped her neck in the direction of the other mare. "Yes...Well...I kind of stumbled on this place", admitting the truth, Storm wasn't lost, knowing the lands above these twisting tunnels.

A smile lit up on her maw as she continued listening to the woman speak, a humorous laugh erupting from her chest. "No, it's just me, myself and I", it was mostly the truth. In all honesty, Storm hadn't come here to seek her son, or Confusatis, but now that it was mentioned, a little worry struck her for the safety of Kodoven. Giving up all maternal duties, too premature for the burden, Storm realized that it was in everyone's best interest to give her son up to someone that would protect him. He was safe, she felt it in her bones. But just before she was going to open her mouth to ask a question, the sound of another horse hit her ears.

A young stallion, his bald marking in resemblance to the unicorn, moved his bay body closer to the scene. The lad seemed genuine, somewhat concerned about her summoning call. "Oh, well nothing is wrong...I was just confused...I'm wondering why there are all these horses living underground. It just strikes me very odd if someone would willingly live here", making a soft rumble, she dipped her head in respect. "My name is Storm. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier", a vibrant grin played upon her maw, and she decided to restate her question instead of blabbering on. "So...why is everyone in these tunnels?"

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered

M A R C O

I caught a glimpse of two, and the winged one seemed to be humored by something as I could hear the laughter escape from her jaw. The walls did well in echoing the speaker. I didn't know if I had missed much since I was caught-off guard by a conversation my ears barely caught on to.

When she turned her attention towards me, I offered a friendly smile when I noticed zero threats looming around us. The mare didn't mention anything of distress which proved to be a relief to myself. I doubt anyone would have wanted to be burdened by troubles by any type of monstrous creatures in this place considering some could have easily sneaked their way into the entrance of the tunnels. It wasn't laughter which was the beginning of what her voice sounded like, but more along the lines of what I was rather musing about; the system that is the sanctuary. Horses underground when nature awaited our presence? My savior beckoned me to stray from danger, but I only picked up little pieces here and there. Hardly, anyway. I had to make up what could be the source that could have the earth's core house an ample amount of us,

" I don't know," I answered finally; honesty hinted in my tone. Monsters most likely, but the idea of imagining monsters here made me shudder with fright. Luckily I wasn't alone, and the mares hardly seemed a threat - in the perspective of a boy afraid of wolves in sheep clothing. Storm was the winged one's name. A pretty name; like the natural weather in its glory. She stated her first question once more which I added to my introduction to her. "I'm Marco! I'm sorry for not introducing myself either. I was, well, worried someone was in danger, heh. By monsters. Whiiichhh is I'm guessing that's why we're here." I said, concluding my words to Storm. On a side note, I wondered who the other mare was.

You will like my sense of humor
You will be addicted to my smile
Laughing all the while

Image Credit