the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome to new life {Silver/Open}

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
It was a pleasure to partake in herd activities by recruiting members from the Foothills. Not so long ago, he had met a bay mare with the help of Colt and convinced her to come back to the land of rolling hills. But even though he had brought back many capable members, Arrane knew it was time to get back in shape, sparring with his fellow herd mates, or those outside of the Foothills. The morning shun shed its soft rays upon the ivory stallion, yet the air was frigid with impending wind. The stallion hoped the bay mare had followed him back, or kept up with his brisk pace. Colt had wandered off to wherever she pleased to go.

Some views that she had shared in the herd meeting had made him disagree with some of the ideas she held. But it was her opinion, and he wouldn't hold her against anything. In the end she was a herd mate, part of his family so he wouldn't cause a racket because it was her decision to think what she wanted to. Craning his neck side ways to catch a glance at Silver, his soft voice called behind. "Silver, are you there?" Gentle tones spoke reassuringly to the nervous mare, wanting to make her feel secure here. Turning back ahead, he continued trudging closer to the Foothills border, wondering if Apollo was nearby to greet the newcomer.

Soft grass brushed against taut legs, and the flowing breeze started to turn into a forceful gale. Dark clouds slowly began moving end, blocking out the remaining warmth. "We should get there soon, before a storm catches us", murmuring to Silver he slowly picked up pace.

Silver Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wind blew through her mane as she followed Arrane and Colt; it seemed to be getting colder. The frigid air chilled her bones, causing a small shiver to go through her body. Her muscles have eased how that she has relaxed more than she was before. She hoped that her nervousness hadn't been that noticeable, but with her luck it was. Oh well, she shrugged it aside.

She kept up with the stallion's brisk pace, not wanting to be left alone. She couldn't lose this chance to find a place to call home. After some time she realized that colt had wandered off; she wondered whether Colt knew where they were going or not. Arrane looked back to make sure she was following. She responded, "Yes." The nervousness had left her voice and was replaced by a more confident voice, but it was still soft as she wasn't one to be super noisy.

She felt unease as dark clouds spread across the sky and the wind began to pick up a bit. Agreeing with Arrane, she picked up her pace and kept in sync with his speed as they went along. She felt excitement course through her as she knew they were getting closer. She let out a soft whinny, one that wasn't filled with sorrow and loneliness for once, but instead fill with joy, ecstasy, and excitement.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
He heard the noise of elegant footsteps behind him. Indeed it seemed that Silver was following him back to the Foothills. Turning back, he caught her bay form, accompanying his kindred look with a friendly smile. She seemed very nervous, shifting her eyes round with straight, lips. What was there to be anxious of? They were a family with open arms, ready to take in whoever wanted to the goodwill of the herd. Her soft voice replied, yet it seemed to contain a more confident aura.

Knowing that she was behind, and led to safety relieved the warrior stallion. The clouds overhead began to darken in color, and thunder rumbled over head. Making a soft "tsk", Arrane knew lightning would follow eventually, and then the lovely down pour of rain. As he gradually picked up pace, he saw the lithe form of the mare join him, as the trotted in sync. A whinny erupted from her chest, and a grin spread on Arrane's maw. The tawny mare now seemed content, glad to be able to be immersed with others.

Turning his head to her, Arrane spoke. "So, you seem very excited. Tell me, have you been alone for a long time?" A mere question, the stallion turned forwards again. Staring straight ahead with a forlorn look, he spoke without his vision faltering from the upcoming border. "You have friends and family now, including me", masculine vocals softened with sympathy awaiting her reply, and finally the arrival of the Windtossed border.

Silver Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She heard the rumbling of thunder above her. She quickened her pace as he did, and they continued moving in sync to get to the foothills. Her heart beat sped up as they neared the Windtossed border. She felt ecstatic as she imagined her future as a Windtossed Foothill horse. A small smile spread across her lips.

Arrane's words came out sympathetically. The mare responded, "I am very excited. And I've been alone for about a year or so now." Her joy went down for a minute as she said that. Silver never thought of how long it's been since she's actually been with others. She let out a small sigh.

The stallions words warmed her heart. She would now have family, friends, and so much more. She won't be alone. A flame of hope was ignited in her. The thought of her being alone for a long time faded away for the most part. "I never thought that I would ever have friends and family again. I thought I would be alone for the rest of my life. But obviously I thought wrong," feminine vocals responded. A smile played on the corners of her lips.

As they crossed the Windtossed border she felt relieved. Now she would be able to have a second chance; a chance to make her life what she wants and for her to forget her past and have a brighter future. She spoke to Arrane, "Thanks for bringing me here, for giving me a chance to forget my past and have a brighter future, and for a chance to have family and friends that I never imagined I would have. Thank you." She pressed her muzzle to his as a sign of friendship and thankfulness.