[PRIVATE] little girls who play with fire [Silk, Any]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Still puzzling over the events of the previous night as well as on keeping all her feet firmly underneath her, Meg didn’t notice the black stud as he approached. She’d always lacked that extra keen awareness that many possessed; not that she was incapable of it, but she was so rarely still enough or quiet enough, and though she was a far cry from her normal rowdy self this morning, she was still far to distracted.

Her head lifted when the beast spoke, and for a moment she forgot her pain. What a strange sight this stallion was! A Pegasus to be sure, but never had she seen one with wings of that sort, a leathery skin stretched over the bones and no feathers, save for the cluster of red ones tied in his silvery mane. The blood-colored feathers were in about the same place as the shard of bone tied into her own mane, and vaguely, Megaera wondered if they were some kind of trophy as well. The stallion wore a bit of a grimace, and Meg’s hackles rose before she remembered that she must look a bit of a fright, and the lingering smell of fire and blood still clung to her. The stallion’s words were a bit brusque but they didn’t bother her as much as his presence in general.

True, the mare had hoped to find some kind of company, but this unknown stallion set her a bit on edge. She assumed her was of Dragon’s throat, but the common smell of the herd was harder for her to detect when her sense had been dulled when assaulted by the fire the previous night; she was also so very new to the herd herself that she hadn’t really gotten a handle on it yet. She wasn’t sure what to expect, or what to say for that matter… She certainly wasn’t proud of what had happened the might before, and she wasn’t sure she could trust the new acquaintance. Meg held back the aggressive retort that she might have normally used, she was in no state to be picking fights today. “A bit of trouble at Helovia’s Heart.” she started evasively. Her legs shuffled uncomfortably, but the earthen toned mare stayed where she was and squared her body to face the stallion. “I am Megaera, new to the Throat. I'm making my way back the the oasis. Who are you.” She kept her voice steady, but is was still low and a bit raspy from the smoke that had scratched at it.

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: little girls who play with fire [Silk, Any] - by Megaera - 01-07-2014, 06:57 PM