the Rift

[OPEN] Star among stars

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

Torleik was taken aback by the swiftness with which this female Pegasus moved as she awoke, but he was not frightened. Irelyn, on the other hand, felt quite threatened and opened her tiny wings to their full span, mirroring the winged mare. It amused the unicorn to see two bird-like creatures engaging in displays of largeness, as if that would suddenly win the fight or make him (or her, for Irelyn looked quite seriously confident in the power of her outstretched wings) flee.

He calmly quirked a brow. Flighty creature. “I mean no danger to you – no more than you invite to yourself sleeping alone, at least,” the dual-horned demon spoke, his humor just a little shadowed in its subject matter. A hint of a frown pursed his lips when he reminded himself this could be a test from the Moon Goddess and he’d best be on his good behavior. The stallion inquired if she was in trouble and the mare responded swiftly with a no – which made him believe she was lying. Still, Torleik listened and cocked his head to the side when the Pegasus claimed she enjoyed her solitude. Maybe she did…but he wasn’t convinced of much of anything that had come out of her mouth so far. Perhaps he was required to be discerning in this test.

“I see,” he murmured, taking a very small step closer. “Well. If you were in trouble, I would offer my assistance, if I could be of any. Preference for solitude aside, a young, fine mare such as yourself should not wander alone. Many males would think nothing of making you their plaything for an evening.” The thought appealed to him in a strange way. She was of the sky and stars, close to his beloved goddess. These signs were on her pelt. A pelt that rested on a figure that was more fragile than that which his people usually regarded as the pinnacle of attractive and healthy, but Torleik felt it was…right for her to appear slight as she did. It certainly made him wish to protect her.

“My name is Torleik,” he offered with a bow of his head. Irelyn did not do the same, having put her wings down when the Pegasus did, but not all the way. The owl-griffin’s plumage was still ruffled and puffed up. She was not convinced this thing wouldn’t attack herself and her bonded. And she rather liked her bonded, as it so happened. The stallion adopted as relaxed a stance as he could, being a warrior like he was. “What is yours?”

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Star among stars - by Serenity - 01-06-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 03-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 03-13-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 03-18-2014, 01:50 AM