the Rift

[OPEN] Star among stars

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

Being a bloodskald, Torleik did certainly have a way with words, but flattery was not his current intent. He wished to be kind and polite so that he might pass whatever test this was – or wasn’t. The pure suspicion he was met with upon proffering his name and a compliment was unsurprising to him and he patiently waited through her mental and emotional gymnastics, whatever it was she had to do to convince herself to keep speaking with him.

Torleik noted immediately that Serenity’s ears pinned back at his question and his brows furrowed over the two frozen pools that were his irises. Opening his mouth to apologize for offending her, he was derailed by Irelyn’s displeasure and subsequent violence against his pelt. ”Hush,” he grunted at his owl-griffin when Serenity began to speak, listening attentively, noting her wings were finally lowering. She had felt threatened by his question, then, but why? He meant nothing by it other than true curiosity.

His ears flattened back against his skull a little when the pegasus claimed firmly it was a place to which she would not return. “I…feel similarly about my home. Though perhaps that is because I think I cannot return,” he murmured, knowing that it would be far too hard to stomach taking in the sights of his incinerated village. Confused by the sudden, deep sadness in her bonded, Irelyn hopped up on top of his head. Perched between his horns, she laid herself down, thinking maybe if she touched more of him he would feel better. The hurt came from their mental link, and though she wanted to snuggle his heart, his head seemed more appropriate.

A grim smile curved Torleik’s dark lips at Irelyn’s kindness, and he introduced her to Serenity. That the pegasus bowed was surprising to both of them, and his companion was quite pleased.

”Nice me,” she purred in his head, indicating she considered Serenity more of a bird now than a thing like Torleik. He was amused at this. “My bonded approves of you,” he informed their guest with a wry smile. She queried then from whence he had come and he swallowed, averting his eyes to the ground. Irelyn lightly nipped at one of his ears to try to distract him from the pain, nuzzling it with her feathered head soon after. “Northeast of here,” the dual-horned rabicano answered quietly. “It is a place by the sea that no longer exists.” Another reason for his inability to go home. Home was no longer there.

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Star among stars - by Serenity - 01-06-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM