the Rift

[OPEN] Star among stars

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

I watched as his ears tilted back, though he did not move aggressively. Instead, he seemed to be focusing on a memory and his words confirmed. He could not go home either, it seemed, and I frowned, understanding better than he might have thought. Physically, I could return "home", but that word was too positive and too lovely to be used for where I came from. The bitter wind sent a chill through me, and I drew my wings closer. My hooves were resting on a light dusting of snow.

"I cannot return home either," I murmured quietly. "I was ordered not to, and nothing is left for me there." Admitting those words were so hard. I had to let it go, but they were all I had, all I knew. How can anyone expect me to let something go that makes me who I am? Without them, I am lost... just a young, lost soul trying to find my way... A leaf on the wind.

I watched as his cat-bird moved onto his head, and I wish that I had that sort of comfort in this world. Instead, I was alone, and I smiled a little bitterly before turning my hawkish, yellow eyes away.

When he introduced me, I bowed, and I assumed that "bonded" meant that he was indeed tied to this creature. She approved of me, which was interesting, and I wondered what she meant by that. I looked at her curiously. Then, I asked him where he was from, and he answered, telling me that it no longer existed. Why? "Mine is still... there... just no longer home," I responded quietly, wondering what it looked like in the Northern parts of the world where snow and water met.

Finally, I realized that I may have extended my conversation for too long, so I opened my wings slowly, looking at him carefully. "Torleik," I said, looking at him, finding his name strange to speak from my lips. Carefully, I stepped backward to the edge of the cliff, feeling my back hooves hover on the precipice. "Good night." My shy voices reaches my own ears and I curse my inability to sound confident.

I make my escape from my own discomfort by falling over the side, wind rushing by my ears and pulling in my hair. Then, I snap my wings open and they fill with air, pulling me from my free fall and gently carrying me down until my hooves were on the ground below. I look up, wondering if I would see his demon horns in the moonlight. I want to see him again, I think, and that surprises me.

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Star among stars - by Serenity - 01-06-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 03-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 03-13-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 03-18-2014, 01:50 AM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 03-27-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 04-08-2014, 05:13 PM