the Rift

[OPEN] !! The Warning Call [OPEN]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

A call rang out; frightened, panicked, pleading for somebody to come. It was Resplendence, and her voice filled me with terror. It sent me rolling back on my haunches and running towards the strawberry mare, with Suli flying swiftly at my side.

Just days ago she and Kahlua had come to me, explaining a malicious darkness that had come to plague Helovia. None had come forward with anymore leads or ideas on the phenomena, and with every day that continued to pass I was ever thankful for the rising of our great sun, as well as the stars that continued to shine against the pitch of night. Suli and I traversed the borders more often now than ever before, behind the glass wall and throughout the expanse of the Edge, and on the outskirts of the wall as well. Nothing had caught our attention or seemed out of the norm since my announcement that none should travel alone or outside of the Edge, but as Suli and I were only one team, it was impossible to assure that my order was enforced.

I arrived just in time to watch the nurse slide to the ground, her body leaned against a great oak tree. A thousands thoughts ran through my mind at that moment, making up a hundred reasons for why she was bleeding, but none of them good. Hundreds more for why she was on the ground, panting as though she had just run across the whole of Helovia, and even more then for why she looked broken, defeated, and absolutely terrified.

"Resplendence," I spoke up, halting at her side from a pacey trot and dropping my head down to her level, but still allowing a small space between us. I wanted only to comfort her, to protect and reassure, but deep in my heart I knew that I couldn't really do that lest I destroy the threat itself. "Did you see the darkness again?" My voice was hurried but gentle, uncertain if immediate action would need to be taken. Had it closed in on our home, our sanctuary? Had it followed Resplendence and her traveling companions, intent to devour us all?

Suli had grounded herself and stepped closer to the mare, wings tucked against her sides and head cocking as she looked up to Resplendence, as if waiting for an explanation. Worry shined in her violet eyes, and unable to speak, she offered the only form of comfort that she could by pressing her nose gently into the nurse's surely burning knee.

"speech"

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
!! The Warning Call [OPEN] - by Resplendence - 01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: !! The Warning Call [OPEN] - by Destrier - 01-09-2014, 08:55 AM