the Rift

now i feel nothing [gaucho]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
*** please note that ranjiri is outside of the sanctuary just lurking and being creepy in general ***

ranjiri</style>
  peel back the layers and see what i've become</style>

She spotted the dream catcher on the ground near the opening of the cave she had explored only a few short weeks prior. It glinted with gold, a testament of her father's magic and the mangled face of the once pretty young mare twisted into something that should have resembled a grin. The tips over her skeletal wings scraped over the ground as she weaved her way toward the dream catcher and the opening of the underground cave. As the filly came to a halt she peered into the darkness, her one remaining ear tilted forward. The boom of Gaucho's voice was unmistakable even if she'd only heard it a handful of times.

"Gaucho?" Ranjiri called into the darkness. "Daddy?" Her voice was innocent sounding and in no way suited the abomination that stood outside of the safe haven that others were finding shelter in. "Daaaaaadddddyyyyyyyy. Gaaaaauuuuucchhhhoooooo." She crooned, her voice beginning to take on a wicked edge. She listened to her voice echo, flicking the pathetic whip that she called a tail.

"I saw you flying Gow-Gow." She worked the wicked edge from her voice so she would sound innocent again. "Daddy... why didn't you come find me? You're supposed to protect me, Daddy, but you weren't there." Blood trickled from her badly cracked hooves and the gaping chest and splattered on the ground. "Why didn't you save me, Daddy? Don't you love me?" Her focus shifted from her father to the other stallion that she knew was in the cave.

"Gaaaauuuccchhhoooooo...." She called his name out again. "Did you take your daughter with you, Gow-Gow? Or did you abandon her, too?" She giggled now, a sound filled with nothing but wickedness. "I could go look for her for you. I'll treat her real nice."

"Talk."

@[Gaucho]
Midas can post here if you want him to, Angel, but its not a must <3

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

You don't miss a call like that. With everyone on high alert, Ranjiri's youthful and femininely-pitched voice easily wafted down into the darkness where the Throat herd was assembling. Dark ears perked forward, as Gaucho's gaze moved immediately to Midas. He knew that voice, even if he had only met the child once. He remembered her vigorous attempts at flight, and the look on Midas' face when possible injury came to his child. All winged children crash and burn from the sky at some point, but it was as if the paint believed he could shield his child from all possible harm.

Still, there was no paternal bond that linked the dark one outside, to the dun inside, regardless of how fond he initially was of her. Outside were the infected - the unforgettable darkness that the Sun God had spoken of - but inside was the protection of the crystalline walls, the rushing waters the -

Did you take your daughter with you, Gow-Gow?

The blood inside of Gaucho's chest seemed to slosh and freeze in place. A painful lump formed deep within, as he mentally twisted away from the image of his own daughter still out there somewhere. And Soh.. He mentally added with a grimace. Had this thing done something to them?! Fury raged in the dun as he pressed his way without haste through the assembled herd. He made his way to where the opening of the cave was - to where the pathway slithered down to the flat area where he currently stood. Squinting for a moment against the light of day, Gaucho looked up into the face of death.

Blue-gray eyes widened in alarm, for no matter Africa's description of the thing that attacked her, he was not prepared for this. She seemed held together with sinew and flesh, but little else.

"No touch Zeno!" He bellowed, ears against his skull. For a moment, his fury abated as certain familiar features of the child became more prominent. Was this permanent? Could it be that she was still in there somewhere? "Gee-gee...what happen? Why you..." He trailed off, unable to find a word to describe her current state.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

*** please note that ranjiri is outside of the sanctuary just lurking and being creepy in general ***

ranjiri</style>

The thing that masqueraded as Ranjiri didn't have to wait long before her taunting words drew one of the Sultans toward the opening she was standing at and soon she was peering at a a face full of life. She wanted to spit on it. She wanted jam her horn into his skull and rip the flesh from his bones. Such violent thoughts made the wraith shiver with barely contained excitement. The look on his face when he saw her and realized what she was made her laugh and she flexed the skeletal wings that had once been adorned in black and gold feathers. "What are you going to do Gow-Gow?" She asked when he demanded that she not touch Zeno. "You're hiding in the underground in the dark like a rat."

The monster stomped a bloody hoof into the ground and in doing so caused more blood and pus to fall from the gaping chest wound. "Gaaauuucchhhoooooo..." She crooned his name again and scraped the tips of her wings against the ground. "Come out Gaucho so I can show you what happened. Are you scared it'll hurt? Poor Gaucho, so strong and virile and scared of a little filly." She giggled again, her head turning and she peered at him through the unblinking eye on the ruined side of her face.

"Let me show you something, Gow-Gow." The wraith said as the grass around her hooves began to wilt and die. She watched it as it turned brown and shriveled and when she was finished she looked back at the Sultan. "Every blade of grass." She murmured. "Every Throat mare, stallion, and foal. You will all fall to the darkness."

ooc:// this is also open to anyone else who wants to post here!

"."

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Fina had returned from her trip out North of the ocean. A few of our kin had followed her flaming feathers, but most remained absent. Those among the missing included my children, Hototo, Cera…little Ranjiri. I strolled from the fountain room that was covered with the history of my ancestors, catching Guacho’s wide eyes. A strange, shrieking sound was falling from the entryway to our cave. The voice, screaming outside, I could hear who it was long before we had even made it halfway up the slippery stone pathway. My heart thundered heavily and with each sickening thud her words struck a heartcord, physically paining me. Those sticky sweet vocals were sick and dark. Not like the warm gliding tones of my graceful daughter, my firstborn babe. Horrified eyes crested brow forward and my ears slipped back against crown.

For a moment I was frozen in place, listening to her words of poison, dripping promises of death. Guacho. She was taunting Guacho; and lord only knew how he would respond—and a father would surely defend his baby girl. Even if that child was already dead. My limps swung into action. Pushing against the stone as flames licked the walls and I struggled up the slight incline in a rush.

I thrust behind him yelling, “Ranjiri!” The child who stood by was no longer mine—she grappled the earth with her broken feet. A soul barely attacked like the skin that was gaunt against her gangly frame. The rotten smell of decay wavered toward my nostrils nearly making me gag; the anguish that could only be felt by a parent was clearly etched into every line across my face. Lids slide wider and body felt numb, shocked my mouth gapped open stupidly. Real terror filtered across my face, “Ranjiri….” Only once before had I felt such hot, rich, honest horror.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Her words were frighteningly true. Gaucho was to some extent, afraid to exit the caves. His fear however was not rooted in a desire to keep living in the ordinary sense - his concern was that, should he be infected, he would be unable to defend those who had come to rely on him. They had gathered the Throat into the caves - likes Rats, as gee-gee put it. He would not let them die under ground, never to see the sun again.

He would fight this; he had to. And for that reason, he could not surface. At least not yet.

"Gaucho get you, gee-gee. Make you better. " His words, while kind in form, were spoken almost threateningly. A promise he would keep - he would see to it that whatever evil permeated through the darkened filly's body, was eradicated. Somehow, he would.

From behind him, he heard the footfalls of Midas, as he joined in viewing the spectacle of Ranjiri. Until the grief-struck words fell from the Sultan's lips, Gaucho hadn't even thought of the emotional weight that seeing his child this way, was likely having upon Midas. Dark ears falling backwards slightly, he nudged the painted shoulder with a grunt. "We fix her Midas. We do it."

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

ranjiri</style>

Hearing her name fall from her father's lips made Ranjiri smile in a wicked way. "Daddy!" She crooned the title and flicked the little whip of her tail. "Look at you, daddy!" The smile melted from her disfigured face as she looked at the two perfect stallions who were staring her in the face and judging her. "Look what you did to me, Midas." She hissed his name, the one ear falling back against her skull. "Does it hurt to look at me!?" Her voice rose to a screech. "Does it hurt!? Look at me! Look at what you let happen to me!"

The filly jerked her rotting and broken body away from the entrance of the sanctuary and looked around, her ruby eyes flashing wildly. The need to kill and destroy was too great for her to continue to control. With just Gaucho there she could handle not diving into the Sanctuary and plunging her horn into his throat, but now that her father had arrived the desire was overwhelming. Gaucho claimed that they would fix her, but there was nothing to fix. The darkness had shaped and molded her into the perfect harbinger of destruction.

Her eyes lit on on the dream catcher and she dove for it, her teeth clicking against the gold plating as she picked it up and backed away from the cave opening. She dropped it to her hooves and stared down at it as it clattered against the ground, then she went to work. Her cracked hooves held the item against the ground as her teeth went to work on the gilded strings. Strings popped and teeth cracked and chipped as she worked on the dream catcher. Had it not been for the gold covering it she would have made quick work of it, but her father had worked his magic on it. Her skeletal wings flared out at her sides and she snorted as she lifted her head to lock her gaze with the two stallions who stood in the sanctuary. In their safety.

"Your time will come." She promised them both, her voice falling back to its normal range. "But not next. I think I'll pay Zenobia and Cera a visit first." She laughed as she bent and grabbed what was left of the dream catcher in her teeth. She turned and trotted away from the Sanctuary and the two stallions she wanted most to hurt, leaving behind broken strings from the dream catcher and pieces of broken teeth.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
There was some faint part of my mind that realized Guacho had just touched my shoulder—speaking short words of direct comfort and likely false hope. I shuttered and shied from his touch, eyes locked onto the deadling as if she’d become my last pillar to hold. How? I wanted to whisper, and then scream. How would we even begin to mend this unspeakable horror? Restore the golden light where it properly belonged. Her smile and stare dripped poison and evil—luring me, taunting me. I stepped forward, just once and found myself trembling. Sweat pooled beneath the weight of my collar and the tender portions of my belly and underpits.

She was right, every word hit the mark with truth. I hadn’t been around, hadn’t been there to protect her—shield my babe from this horrible world. Voice had frozen like the ice that was rushing painfully through my veins. Power swelled from beneath me, scattering gold and earth aside from where I stood; and the ground beneath my hooves trembled. When she came at us the steel around my neck spread apart, each plate swiftly falling aside to mold into the contours of my body. If she struck, I’d be ready. My feet spread and planted themselves as a stoic soldier would.

Her mark had not been for us or the entrance, it had been for Guacho’s old trinket. Ranjiri tore it to ribbons—shredding metal and leather alike.
There had hardly been a moment when I felt more helpless than right now, even as my adorned crown shifted toward her in threatening stance. Teeth ground upon themselves and ivory feathers left the comfort of their sleeve when she turned away from me. Cera. Earth cracked from beneath me and the place which she had stood moments ago, my voice roared into heaven, a warrior’s cry of defiance and sorrow. Armored gaze shot toward Guacho. Wordlessly screaming, “We have to do something!”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]