the Rift

now i feel nothing [gaucho]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Fina had returned from her trip out North of the ocean. A few of our kin had followed her flaming feathers, but most remained absent. Those among the missing included my children, Hototo, Cera…little Ranjiri. I strolled from the fountain room that was covered with the history of my ancestors, catching Guacho’s wide eyes. A strange, shrieking sound was falling from the entryway to our cave. The voice, screaming outside, I could hear who it was long before we had even made it halfway up the slippery stone pathway. My heart thundered heavily and with each sickening thud her words struck a heartcord, physically paining me. Those sticky sweet vocals were sick and dark. Not like the warm gliding tones of my graceful daughter, my firstborn babe. Horrified eyes crested brow forward and my ears slipped back against crown.

For a moment I was frozen in place, listening to her words of poison, dripping promises of death. Guacho. She was taunting Guacho; and lord only knew how he would respond—and a father would surely defend his baby girl. Even if that child was already dead. My limps swung into action. Pushing against the stone as flames licked the walls and I struggled up the slight incline in a rush.

I thrust behind him yelling, “Ranjiri!” The child who stood by was no longer mine—she grappled the earth with her broken feet. A soul barely attacked like the skin that was gaunt against her gangly frame. The rotten smell of decay wavered toward my nostrils nearly making me gag; the anguish that could only be felt by a parent was clearly etched into every line across my face. Lids slide wider and body felt numb, shocked my mouth gapped open stupidly. Real terror filtered across my face, “Ranjiri….” Only once before had I felt such hot, rich, honest horror.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 01-09-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 01-09-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Midas - 01-10-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 01-19-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Midas - 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM