the Rift

[OPEN] Working For The Undead

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Rising, meeting the dawn to begin her needed task. The darkness is low and weary in the fresh light. Royal blue eyes squint as they adjust, her tail swishing upon her hind legs. Warmth floods her heart's outer layer as it weaves through her exposed chest cavity. She's found her new knack of loving this state, with the scent of the decaying corpse and scaring others. She admits with some happiness that she wants this, but it could be the dark speaking and not the girl who once was in control.
With flecks of black, her eyes look for the signs of the living. The Basin is so close, so unsuspecting and lazy as she is putting them. They're well worth acting.
They could play some assistance to her next job.
"Weary bones and tired travelers, come to my call, there is good to be made here! The devil is not in the sheep's clothing today, for I am in need of assistance with a reward to end it."
Her voice is sweet and serenading, graceful as a frail ballerina. It morphs to her liking now, to fit how she needs it to be. She thinks of the little Pegasus she got her three feathers from, how they begged and pleaded with tears in their eyes for mercy.
It was never going to work out that way anyway.
Crackling her bones as she grabs the three in her mouth, two black, one gold, and holds them there. Her head is swung up and down, shattered pieces of her horn glowing pale as the full moon. She begs for help, with her reward in tow

OOC: This thread is not exactly for infecting. I am asking for either Wraiths or Immunes to come in and help get two feathers into her forelock.
In return, you will receive one feather.
Feathers are from poor Ranjiri when Sikeax attacked her.
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
just pretend that you want me & be my baby, be my baby
The thing he had been following has stopped. He wasn’t keen on it having travelled so far north, but he also wasn’t too thrilled about the notion that this mare was clearly dead – dead and still walking. He had seen her some ways back and paused to look upon the trail of withered earth that was born behind her, lowering a charcoal dipped nose to smell the rancorous soil with a cringe. He had decided then, that no matter the dangers, he would follow the strange incarnation; he wore his plain pine branch that gracious tree had given him in his tail. Unsure of its uses, he had some pressing idea in the back of his mind that it would protect him from trials bleak and disastrous, though just how a stick could do that, he was even less sure.

He trailed along behind her well out of visible distance. Bound to the earth, the being that had once been a unicorn was easy to follow if he kept to the trail of death her black cloud left behind, but now that she had stopped in the middle of the vast, icy tundra, he was unsure what to do next. He stared at her for a good long while, the way her heart pulsed against the cold air, her eyes void of any signs of life aside from their occasional blinks and the movements of her muscles.

But then she spoke.

His ears rose to catch her words with a curiosity as she reached about to display several feathers in the cold air. Intrigued, he stepped forward out of his cover to get a better look. The golden feather, in particular, seemed familiar – it reminded him of a similar object behind tied into the short mane of a mare named Roskuld, given to her by the woman who wore the wings from which it had been born. Slowly, he approaches nearer the beast, distrustful despite her promise that this was not to be a violent encounter; she has no wings. The only way to have obtained them was through violence.

"What do you need, walking death?" he asks with overly deep vocals, his man’s voice coming into full fledged depth now that he is reaching the proper age for such things. His fear does not show on his exterior; he learned from the encounter with the earth toned flying bitch that such displays incited wrath in those of warrior mindsets, even if the fear was not directed towards her. Brighid had not been the source of his fear, that day, rather than the repercussions that would come to her if she did not leave.

Today, he feared for himself.

But his curiosity was stronger.

Especially now that he was relatively sure those were Ranjiri's feathers clutched in the dead things mouth.
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As if she was going to have to wait long, a voice coo's to her one and a half ears and sets her to crane her head around in a swift moment. The stallion who stands behind her gives her a flicker of amusement, thin smile with content flooding her eyes. He seems to her eyes, unsettled by her appearance. The exposed rib bones with blood and muscle on them can make no exception to how she must be making him feel.
"See these feathers, or are you blind? I hope you do, because then you will be of no use to me."
She steps to his direction, moving with the unnatural speed that has become part of her. The feathers are tossed about her mouth so that he can have a better view of them.
"I plucked them off an especially whiny Pegasus. I want to keep them, as they're unnatural beautiful. If you would please, help me get them into forelock on the right side, at the base of my ear. As a reward, one of the black feathers is yours.
"I would also like to ensure you that a part of me is good to my word, and if you will do what I need help with, I shall not attack you or attempt to infect you. Deal?"

This ends with the girl placing the feathers to the ice floors and sliding a hoof over it. It held them down so that he could pick them up and perform the taan while trying to avoid the possibility of infection.
Eyelashes fluttering, their black threads tipped with silver, she tries to get an innocent state so that she isn't the death that stands before him.
In her attempts, one word escapes her lips.
"Please."

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
Anxiously, he waits the devil’s reply, his heart pressing against his ribs as if he had grown one a few sizes too large, though the gleam of that fear does not reveal itself in his pale blue gaze, which is cold and blank. They adjust slightly at the rude tone that the bitch presents in relation to her feathers, a fleeting flash of agitation at being talked to as if he was either daft or blind. He was obviously not the latter – he had seen her, hadn’t he? Whether or not he was entirely sane for doing so was a matter still up for discussion, but still – he wasn’t the sort to let such jabs ripple through him.

He wasn’t prideful enough, however, to put her back into her place. He wouldn’t do so with just about anyone, preferring to take a submissive position beneath others at this particular point in his life. He had no room to assume dominance, anyway; two years old, a vagabond from a land no one had heard of, with only the titles of his parents to give him any rights to much at all. He hadn’t even accomplished anything useful or exciting other than kicking that pegaus mare’s ass with Ricochet, but even that was nothing to be proud of.

It was a state he wasn’t really used to existing in. As a mere child, the pressing of the world around him had seemed a welcome adventure to take on, a softly spoken promise that there would be wonder and magic to be had. Now, he knew (or was pretty sure, anyway) that the only promises life truly held were those to bring confusion down upon it’s patrons.

This was another such moment. In one second, the beast was mocking his sensibilities and the next, within a blink of his inquisitive eyes, she is so near to him that he can smell the rot on her flesh. He jumps, a rough snort escaping his broadened nostrils as his neck arches and sends his head upwards in a quick bob, his front hooves leaving the earth an inch or two in a miniscule rear before his bulk settles back down to the soil. She is making him feel even more nervous, the racing of his heart now keeping time with the churning of his guts, and it is not the pleasant sort of awkward that Kahlua makes him feel.

No, this is the fear one feels when conversing with the lioness who picks her teeth with the bones of your brothers.

Still, he refuses to flee, refuses to give in to his paranoia (not unfounded, of course) that the unicorn heathen is going to eat him. Ranjiri’s feathers hang from her lips, twirling and bobbing under the pressure of a fetid tongue, her desires painted on the tundra air with that same horrid appendage. It was a simple enough request – but Dragomir still felt ill to his belly, worsened as the mare mocks the final pleas of the mare from which she had stolen these from.

And he is completely sure now that these are Jiji’s feathers. It wasn’t that he particularly cared for the girl, to be sure, but it brought to mind the way he felt anytime he saw the black mare broken on the wet ground, her large belly rounded and bulging up from the earth. Had she been only a “whiny pegasus” also?

No. She had been a spy, and she knew his name, and the weight of his sins. This mare had harmed poor Ranjiri for no reason other than a few trinkets for her mane.

Still. He was pressed between a rock and hard place here. The devil promised to not cause any shit with him so long as he assisted her in putting her stolen prizes into her mane, and not only that, he would receive one of the black ones. He had to admit, eyeing the sheen of its glossy obsidian pitch, that it was tempting, even if he was pretty sure he knew whose blood it was staining the end of the feather. He hadn’t ever seen another pegasus with golden feathers, anyway – and so he could only assume that it belonged to the light hearted mare who had stood up for her dense and brusque companion all those weeks ago along the border of the Edge.

Daughter of Gaucho, she had said.

Stuffing the memories back into their boxes, Dragomir clears his throat before giving the devil the answer she wants. "Deal," rumbles the deep growl of his voice, for he is hesitant to offer her aide but also hesitant to feel the venom of her bite. Cautiously, he bends his head to grasp at the golden feather lying on the cold earth, holding it in his teeth for a moment as he sizes up where he is to put it.

The stench of the bitch almost makes him change his mind, a sweet and sour taste gathering on the back of his tongue that makes it hard not to gag on the plush lacing of the feather in his teeth. As his mother had taught him, he ties the feather into the mare’s mane, the fetid stench of her flesh rubbing off against his nose and making his stomach churn incessantly. Once the first was in place, he bent his head again to gather the first of the black feathers, leaving the shortest of both for himself.

He stepped back from his work feeling slightly lightheaded and moderately overwhelmed by the horror he has just allowed himself to touch. He hadn’t realized it as he’d been working on the favor, but his flesh had begun to tremble, his steel guard fallen in the pressing wake of the mere presence of the wraith. Shuddering away the sickened trembling, he swallows hard as he reaches down and gathers up his prize for assisting the mare.

He wants to ask her if she’ll stay clear of his home for this favor, but he knows no such deal can be made and truly relied on. So, instead, he nods tersely, massive hooves shuffling uncomfortably beneath him. "Is this all you wold require?" he asks, only one of the thousand questions breaking against the walls of his mind.
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

The Blood King would spread his illness and bring forth his dark kingdom. All of the dead would kneel to him in admiration and the living would cower in fear, if they were around long enough to see him arise to his throne. First to fall into the pit would be the disgraced. All of them would kiss the round he walked upon, living or not. They would know of his hatred but they would know of his mercy for he would permit their existence. The thoughts of domination and genocide tickled his rotting heart.

The Blood King circled his home like a scavenger. There was nothing and no one in sight, so, he moved onward. There were other places to hunt, but he would return to his icy kingdom. He would find others to pull into the land between life and death. The Blood King lowered himself at the familiar sight of the frozen arch. So many memories lie here. A smirk passed over his lips at the memory of the brief twisted time shared with the hornless mare Confutatis. Perhaps he should scour the land for the lone wolf and have her gravel at his feet. Maybe he was the devil she had said he was. Whatever, that time had been in the past before his ascension.

Voices lured the demon forward. His two set of wings tucked at his side and he can feel his hunger rumbling. One of his own lingers and a wolfish grin passed over his lips as he watched and waited for the filly to attack the flea. After nothing happened he frowned. “That may be all she wants, but I want so much more. You will be mine hornless.” The Blood King approached the stallion and ran his tongue down his spine, it was slow and he took his time, savoring the taste of flesh. Once he reached the stallion’s shoulder, he bit down and tugged. He gave out a satisfied sigh and licked his lips. “Kneel to me boy.”

"talk talk talk"

@[Random Event] @[Dragomir]

May angels protect you
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
@[Dragomir] may post once more before his fate is revealed

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Dragomir's Holly Branch begins to glow a soft green, covering him in the light and protecting him from the Wraith. He remains uninfected.

Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
Dragomir stands silently for the strange appraisal of the freaky stallion as he arrives, feeling the touch of his tongue along his flesh with a shudder that rattles even his core. It’s a gesture meant to cow the submissive, he knows this much from observing stallions while tending to their mares and children, and the simple fact that it is being used on him by this pompous monster made him want to immediately rip the slobbery appendage from his mouth.

But he was raised better than that, despite former moments in which he had lost his honorable and stone worthy demeanor; either way, there were now two of the demons to deal with rather than just one, and he didn’t need to glance about him to know that there was no one here to help him.

Or perhaps… there was.

He feels the tingling sensation of the magical branch rise from his rump to the tips of his body, shielding him from some unseen assailant that has escaped the lips of the stallion. The young painted stag, while often a failure in social situations, was good at observation, and while he was sure that the ailment the two suffered from was magical of sorts, it also now dawned on him that it passed between others much the same as a snuffling nose and upset stomach.

Without a word, he passes a prayer on to the Gods of this land, and the magical tree that had given him this seemingly mundane and useless gift.

And then he made possibly the wisest decision in his young life.

He needed to get this knowledge to the others, so that they might know the tree had given them a means to remain safe among the walking dead, even if those blessed were few. He had seen the magic at work, felt it hum across his flesh, and he knew it for precisely what it was.

Salvation.

"I think you should go fuck yourself," he says quite tersely around the fringes of his black feather before lunging hard and away from the two devils, charging as fast as he can towards the Edge until he’s under the cover of trees and sure he’s away from the sure to pursue him savages.
Wishlist | Table Tracker