the Rift

[PRIVATE] >> who run the world? girls

Zuriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'll dance in the light of a freezing sun</style>

and sing you the tales of the burning sea</style>

The angel floats through her new home in a soft-serve symphony of silver bells and azure key. Dismal, she finds it, but charming in a way; mashed cacophony of mountain and green, the silenced vale is a means to an end. It is washed in white and clouded color, curtains of light that pierce the sky; in the clear mountain evenings she has stared to the sky, and found it pleasant, if not ideal. The crash of the sky cannot contend with the sea, the waves of the stratosphere no match for white-capped fingers of beckoning brine.

But our angel floats through the snow serene, no image of discontent on the lines of her brow, no whisper of harsh misery in the blue of her eyes. A picture of perfection and innocuous charm, with the bite of intelligence in the ring of her laugh; Zuriel has a purpose which leads her on this day, a rumor she follows on cloven hooves of silver steel. Illynx, the rumor spews an infamous name, Lady of the Basin, Queen of the Hill. She has heard it murmured, muttered, cursed; from the little she knows she knows that Illnyx is a force to contend with, with little love lost between the unknown mare and our angel's kin. The white wraith smiles in the shade of sterile stone: a challenge is enjoyable, welcomed, rejoiced.

In the light of the moon the angel dances, an opalescent form in the full glow of fall. The silver orb is full and bright; it illuminates her world to fantastic effect, the damp of the night frozen in crystalline baubles around pale legs. She has settled in tundra at the edge of the lake, breathing in sulfur and mineral and warmth; "Cinnoru," she breathes out, "Give me strength on this night." The prayer is accompanied by a flickering smile; softened, strengthened, the mare's heart is frozen but her eyes glow with warmth.

She lifts her head to the cold night sky, crowned horns glittering, tail draped elegant on the smooth, stony earth. "Lady Illynx," she calls, and somehow she knows that the Lady will hear. "I beg of you audience!" She announces no more, for guard must be held; she knows little of this Lady, who knows less still of her; she will pass judgment first, and establish a method of interrogation from there.

@[Illynx]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
She is summoned, the Lady raising an elegantly dished face towards the source of the call, star strewn sky smiling almost kindly down on her from where she has been standing watch over the entryway to the place. She is troubled, as she has found herself to be since rising to this position, but it is becoming more comfortable, this pressing shawl of responsibilities, now that she knows Psyche is alive and well.

Perhaps, even, better than she is, for the black mare is no longer held with spider web thin strands that hold her with such incredible force to a mountain. Around Illynx’s neck are draped four new amulets, given to her by a magical tree and another source of her newfound comfort, and they jingle softly against one another and her older shock amulet with a delightful music as she turns her body about to make her way towards the lake.

She can vaguely see who it is that has called her, a shining white beacon in the fading, autumn emeralds and ice tones of their valley. Whoever she is, Illynx does not know her. The only pale mare she has come across in the Basin has been Kou, D’artagnan’s graceful bride, and this is not she; Kou does not have so many horns that catch the moonlight and splay it across the snow.

The Lady draws to a regal position some several feet away from the slightly younger mare, looking her over for a long moment of silence as the faint wind that ushers from the peaks tosses her forelock and the ends of her black mane about lightly. A black tuft still rises from her neck near her poll, the only mark left from her scuffle with the Lord Deimos; she still does not fondly recall this experience, and mourns the loss of so many years of growth, the lack of perfection to her usually pristine appearance.

It would be petty to request of Lena to heal a wounded mane. Even she knows this; it has been too long since the other wounds for the healer to be of any use at all, anyway.

Perhaps she will die much younger than she was meant to, because of her carelessness. Perhaps the marks of the Reaper’s magic still ate away at her heart and soul, killing her softly and slowly. She did not know, nor did she care. She has given up on swimming against the current, and now drifts lazily down the serpentine features of the river of life, no longer the snarling wolf hesitant upon its banks.

She is the water itself, only kept from freezing by its perpetual racing towards an unseen delta.

"And for what am I required?" she finally decides to ask after attempting to quickly count the horns sprouting from every millimeter of the girl’s brow. The center one is milky and pure as the rest of her figure but for the dark points common on such hues, though the rest, smaller and not as straight in their angles, are a deep, glistening black.

She’s rather pretty, she decides, wondering why it is she is needed this late in the evening by a woman she does not know.

[ OOC: Do you want me to keep tagging you? :) You don't need to tag me unless you want to. :D ]

@[Zuriel]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

She is not kept waiting for long- good, for while patience is a virtue our angel boasts, it is not a skill she enjoys exercising. Tact, seduction, deception, smiles: these are by far the girl's favored skills, the masks she wears with such serene perfection it is a challenge for even she to discern the reality underneath. Angel of Sin and Queen of the Damned, the Seraph is radiant even in this dim nighttime light, and the curl of her lips grows softer and warm as the dark form of Illynx flows into her view.

Beneath the lady's gold scrutiny our angel stands tall, a silver, sterner, stronger thing, she thinks with a smirk that never reaches her face. Patient, she waits as Illynx takes her time, wondering what the mare wants, what she sees, what she counts. A single stark scar on the seraph's pure hide, but few notice that in favor of her crown; fewer still know the two are a pair, that our actress has earned the title she wears through hardship and blood and the death of a king. She lets them keep ignorance unless necessity knocks; better to appear the dainty damsel and counted as less, than the threat and the mettle that flow through her veins.

Our actress blinks as the Lady speaks - at last, thinks the Seraph, and she tilts her head in a gesture few would recognize as a mocking bow, sapphire gaze never leaving her captive's face. Respect, admiration; those who know Zuriel know she feels it naught, that her only allegiance is to Cinnrou's blood - but this mare does not know Zuriel, and perhaps never will. Carefully she takes in Illynx's short words, the question just bordering a tone of demand, forward, no-nonsense, belying the garishly elaborate appearance this gilded bitch adorns. With the rise of her head comes the chime of her tones, enchanting and bell-like, well-trained and pure. "My Lady," she offers, a test of the water, "I am newly-made a Phantom of the Basin. I hoped to learn more of our herd's standing from you, that I might better make myself valuable." Not that I really need your help for that - but the girl does not add her final thought. What she really wants to know is the dynamic of the herd, who holds power and who does not; for despite the obvious fact that this creature was far inferior to her Reaper King, Zuriel knows Deimos will not be forthcoming with information, or conversation. Her brother no doubt holds the same opinion she does, that most others are either useless or useful only to an extent, and while she supports that view, it will not help her now. Still, better to dance around the point, to ask how the Basin fares in the world before diving into the intricacies of the herdland itself.

She continues to smile in the light of the moon, a soft, inoffensive thing; but intelligence flashes behind starlit eyes, and her body shifts from its heightened stance into one of less regalia and more confidence. She now knows Illynx to be somewhat no-nonsense, and it is such a guise she moves to don, slowly and carefully, with the practice of a maiden from the silver screen.

[ no need to tag :3 ]

Illynx pays little attention to scars unless they are particularly gruesome or have been intentionally pointed out to her; she figures they are a price paid for life, for belongings, for comfort. It is a toll paid in blood, and she has given plenty of coins to that oblique machine. Only one ear is whole upon her crown, the right partially melted away by the acidic bite of a mare known as Confutatis, daughter of warlords, and her limbs and belly are marked with streaking, white scars from a great battle with a draconic beast. Dozens of other marks line her body, but they only increase her beauty, as she is concerned; danger is alluring, owning ones power requires a certain level of strength, and she feels that the various marks on her body justify her title and her deep set love of self.

She is not afraid of pain, and does not shy away from combat; the repercussions for her violent lifestyle are worn proudly, and only once has she turned to a healer, out of necessity. Life is more precious than medals of honor. She is not so foolish as to choose her pride over her existence.

The bow given to her is noted with little concern or return of any such gesture; with her newfound comforts had come newfound behaviors, and she for one was not going to tilt her head to a strange and beautiful woman who had requested her presence when she may have done so in the past. Her trust doesn’t stretch very far any more (not that it ever had to begin with), and she finds that she is hesitant around those she lives with, a secret fear held in her heart that they smile only to her face and wish death to her behind her turned back. The woman who has summoned her, however, seems straight forward with her desires, and the golden bitch is not one to with hold information from her kin, even if she figures they’re all out to get her in the end.

Her smile is soft on her lips as she replies, a sugary coating over the lack of concern she truly felt for this sleuth. If she was truly a good wraith, she would learn these things on her own. Still, it does much for a woman’s already swollen ego to be come to for advice and knowledge, and she will oblige the strange, myriad horned white mare’s desires. The creature is confident enough to inspire some faint hints of respect for her in the eyes of the Gilded Blade, despite the lack of knowledge as to where her own pawns sat in the midst of the game.

Perhaps, Illynx wonders, the mare desires more than she asks for. A good thing to keep in mind, considering the latest illuminating events that had come to pass.

"Standing?" she inquires, innocently enough though she is mildly irritated that this stranger has not better expressed what she wanted to know of her. Within the borders, or without? she wants to ask further, though she refrains, attempting to keep herself in control. The mare had mainly wished to know how she might be useful, to which Illynx had no immediate answers other than to figure it out for her damn self.

That wasn’t the best sort of answer to give a potential ally, however, and so she thinks for a moment before she gives a deeper reply.

"The Throat and the Edge are of interest, of course," slowly begins the woman, words languorous on the chilly mountain air, "there has never been much love between us." Her smile is sarcastic and full of dark humor as she states the obvious, hoping that the phantom at least knows this much of the world in which she exists. There was, of course, the matter of the glass scorpion that had been brought to them by the Glazier and her gathering of men, but the more Illynx thought on it, the less she found that occurrence to be an act validated by Mirage. Her prior experiences with the painted mare who had made the thing led her to believe it was the overly hopeful and naïve thought processes of the moron that had driven her to craft and deliver a gift for the most nefarious of all herds in the realm.

At least a gift that had not come with sabotage in some form, such as the small scorpion that Ulrik had provided in return surely did, though she did not know for sure.

"There is little known of the outcast bands, and we have heard nothing from our alleged allies, the Foothills, since the failed rescues," she continues on, providing a few more tidbits of intelligence to the woman, still not entirely sure of what it is that the pale mare wants to know, "All of which are useful to know more of. You may choose your own path, in that regard, miss…?" She draws out the statement, hoping to earn a name from the woman’s lips by which to call her forward later.

She has to admit to herself that the spies within the Basin have grown fat and languid lately. She has seen no new prisoners brought in from the outside realms, no intelligence had been brought to her attention (she could hope little that Deimos would share much with her that had been brought to him) from the lands outside the borders, and the appearance of this eager wench has further alerted her to this problem. Pausing for a moment as a devious smile reaches her lips, she snaps her golden gaze onto that of Zuriel, a new and fun idea having sprung into her mind.

"Unless, of course, you enjoy head hunting?" croons Illynx, the words nearly a purr from her lips, her wolfish grin an added spice to the alluring tone of her delicate voice.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

The pleasant smile does not fade in the wake of Illynx's own, but our Angel takes it into consideration, storing it away with the little she knows of this queen and adding to the characterization her shrewd mind is trained to build. If the gilded mare is frustrated she plays a skillful game, hiding behind a world of chill and sweetened smiles. Zuriel listens as the queen questions, and speaks. Standing? she asks, following the girl's expectations, but gives the Seraph no time to clarify what she means.

Illynx chooses to speak of without the herd, her smile now dark as she drawls of missed connections and strained ties. "Of course." she replies, and now her smile shifts too, taking on an edge of I am not stupid. I know these simple things. It's a lie - how on earth would she know anything, having come to this land mere days before? - but a good one, opaque and well seamed, just as every lie the angel speaks. Illynx seems to think this is common knowledge, and Zuriel would never admit to knowing less than anyone else. On a whim, as an experiment, she adds to the confident, tinkling bells: "Shame, that they refuse to submit to those who are clearly superior." She means, of course, horned, and states the thought as though it were the most obvious thing in the world; she suspects the queen to feel supremacist sympathies, and hopefully she will take the bait, confirm that itch.

She goes on, holding out information like a bitch throwing scraps to dogs, the Seraph thinks. Foothills, allies... the absence of conversation is troubling, but she has to wonder- "Have we sent emissaries to reaffirm our ties?" Maybe it's obvious, but maybe it's not - she states it innocently enough, the faint hint of mockery softened by her eyes. If we have heard nothing, perhaps we should find out why? If Illynx has not thought that far, well... the Seraph's esteem was already low.

She considers giving a pseudonym, but laughs the idea away in her mind. "Zuriel," the angel smiles. The Seraphim, heir of Cinnoru and mother of Gods. But Illynx doesn't need to know that, does not need to know how vastly superior the little white angel is to her dark, false queen. She will find out soon enough.

And now it is Zuriel's time to speak, to further her agenda and knowledge and self. "Lady, I must ask- where are the other spies? I have met none yet, nor a figure to direct my questions toward, to report to for instructions. Deimos... Lord Deimos led me here, but he was hardly forthcoming with instruction as to my duties." And now we come to the heart of it all - what is your relationship with my brother? She states her plight with a hint of a laugh, pausing as she re-titles Deimos Lord, as though she forgets that her brother leads, too. Will Illynx defend him, or revel with the angel in her co-leader's shortcomings? Is there trouble in paradise, or is all smooth on the mountain throne?

"Head hunting?" Now, at last, she is taken by surprise, laughing shortly, eyes bright with disbelief. Was there something about her that screamed mercenary, some scar she has missed or a glint in her gaze? "It is not quite my forte," the Angel replies; but now she notes the hungry grin, the way that Illynx caresses the words, and her own eyebrow arches while her smile grows broad. "Though I have been told I am a fast learner, when the need arises." Head hunting. The idea is mildly repulsive, but she's ready to listen, to ingratiate herself with this gold-legged mare and become so important she shan't notice the knife at her back.

[ sorry for the wait <3 ]

The minor shifts of Zuriel’s own features are observed coolly from behind her reposed mask, filed away neatly like note cards covered in scrawling script. Her mind is not the most organized of places, rather the sort filled with dusty boxes and partly rusted filing cabinets, papers flying upon some mystical wind that places them away in a varied and complex sorting system. Never still are her thoughts, they ripple and sway like silk caught in the wind, and even in the midst of conversation she is usually half drawn away by the flashing images of her mind.

It is not so much so now, rather a replay of every expression that has crossed the pristine and elegant mare’s face since the beginning of the conversation. Illynx finds her to be respectable enough, if not alluring (and partially agitating) with her aura of aloofness. She is exactly the sort that can be expected on this mountain, the Lady finds herself thinking the light of recent events and discoveries, the sort of beautiful and cunning witch that holds a knife behind her back and smiles with the gleaming light of diamonds.

She does not care. She is this woman too. Let the pretty Zuriel learn of this too late to be of any good to her plight.

A delicate lure is tossed before her, one that hints at a blackened heart much suspected within the breast of the ebony horned wench, and the golden backed queen smiles wickedly in response. It wouldn’t hurt much to discuss such things here, she supposes, recalling her recent divulgence of racist rhetoric for the ears of the young Jorogumo, the other witness present.

Her grin gains a slight ruthlessness as she remembers the gentle departure of Lena, one of the few among their numbers who didn’t seek their born rights of dominion. The pause has not been long before she nods in reply, her feminine vocals highlighting the silence that fills the ringing end of Zuriel’s own. "One is to expect rebellion among the peasants every once in a while," coyly smirks the Gilded Blade, her eyes never faltering from their hold on the pale gleam of the shadow walker.

Her frown is quick to tug at the corners of her lips, Illynx fighting the downward slip of the muscles into a less than amused line, the woman daring enough to question the methods that have been followed in nature of the Foothills. Why should they bother with mix blood fools, far weaker than they? The numbers of the unicorns outweighed that of the windy valley, and rightfully, they owed more to the Basin than they ever did to their mutant laced herd. The alliance assured that their numbers were relatively safe from the miscreants on the mountain, and that a strong army would stand alongside them should havoc rise along their borders.

Either way, the number of soldiers they had been promised had not arrived to the battle they were called to. Either they were cowards, untrustworthy, or, most likely, both. Why waste time dealing with such riffraff?

"To uphold a deal that serves them better than ourselves?" she queries in reply, her brow arched gracefully over a gleaming golden eye, "One does not ask a master to kneel before his apprentice." Something told her, however, that this was the sort of woman who would ask such a question. For some reason, despite her better judgment, it created a sense of affection within her towards the devious thing, and as she realized it, she nearly shuddered in distaste of her own twisted heart.

Her name is unique, a tasteful blend of mostly soft sounds that Illynx finds pleasant on the ears. The question that follows it, however, draws her less than amused grimace into a full fledged frown. The mere mention of that assholes name makes her stomach tighten in loathing, and that he left the woman with so few instructions was frustrating; she was now charged with filling in the details. She does not miss the faint glimmer of humor that crosses the ivory dame’s face, however – and so her lips remain sealed on behalf of her current level of disgust with their Lord. A faint sigh is allowed out into the chill air of the vale, a smile scantly lingering on the corner of her lips. "Faelene is our Thief, but secondly is the Impersonator, Arah, and a few others beneath them," she pauses, pondering what else to feed the eager spy before her, "The Thief is a dark mare, with red markings, while the Impersonator is white with two antlers. Do forgive the Lord Deimos – he’s not the best at conversation."

The irony in her words drips sugar and sweetness into every fiber and lilt of her body and voice, the most hated wretch named as if he was a messiah come to rid the earth of all hornless. Whatever that little grin had meant as she’d stated her plight, Illynx was going to leave no scraps on this particular bone for her to find.

The conversation dives towards head hunting, adding a true mirth to the predatory smile that has found its way onto her lips. She likes the answer she receives, though it isn’t the assassin she had been hoping for. Perhaps it would be best to send her out on a mission of capture, rather than death. Perhaps it would be best to simply direct her towards the nearest scent of someone other than Illynx and carry on with the rest of the day. "Ah, my needs may require more than a novice’s skills," she says softly, hoping that the words are sharp on Zuriel’s ego, "I may be looking for our Thief after we are finished here, myself."

Unregistered

Ah, and the angel thinks she has hit a nerve, watching with hidden delight as the brown bitches' smile falters just a hair's breath at the edge. What's this, darling; cat got your tongue? She waits for Illynx to compose her thoughts, waits to see what the response will be- clearly, she suspects, emissaries have not been sent, or perhaps their reception was less than warm; regardless the situation with the Foothills is bothering the golden queen, and that bother is something Zuriel can hold, morph to her fancy and use to her gain. She is not sure if she wants to hurt or help this gilded creature yet, if it shall be a slow slide into good graces or all out war; but the angel is patient. She can wait and see.

The arch of a brow, and the girl takes the venom in, the clear superiority that cuts through Illynx's words. Ah, but Zuriel can understand, does understand, for she shares the views of this other mare in that she knows her kind to be superior, the first. But the stringent view on when to bow is not so practical in daily life; to reach the heights some compromises must be made, such as the Seraph's own sweet smile at this clearly dimmer creature. Frank now, the angel responds in the second after silence falls, "A master does not fear to kneel, for she is confident in the certainty of her own superiority. One small act does not change that." The smile remains but her voice is metallic, a question in the air- are you confident, my dear?

She continues, softer now, her voice returned to its pleasant silver ring. "From what little I know - and correct me if I'm wrong - we are not loved. We have made enemies of the strongest herds, and if what you say is true, no efforts have been made to strengthen our alliances." She leaves a space for contradiction or consent, then breaks into the air again with the gentle lilting of a well-tuned bell. "Clearly, these others exist on a level far inferior to ours, but that does not mean they cannot be useful..." She lets her voice trail away, an unspoken shrug in the gossamer air. Blue eyes twinkle - use a chisel, not a hammer - and the mare smiles, innocent as always. She knows how to rule, but will not impose herself upon the other mare. That is not how the dance is done. Let Illynx take advice or not; Zuriel does not truly care.

Faelene. Arah. She takes the names and stores them away, making a note to seek these two out. "And in diplomacy?" the white girl asks, but at this point she doubts Illynx even knows what diplomacy is. Her brother's name is spoken with a sickly sweetness that reeks of affection and something near reverence, a strange departure from the mare's former tones. Zuriel's smile remains the same, but she wonders what emotions propel Illynx's words; the masking of hatred, an attempt to hide fear? She knows her Reaper and the Death he commands; surely affection is not the emotion inspired in this insipid bitch. She will have to ask him later. If Illynx is his secret admirer, well... some fun could be had there, perhaps.

Ah, and head hunting. The idea still does not appeal to Zuriel's well honed mind, and though the idea of making herself more valuable to Illynx is enticing, it doesn't draw her in enough to put real value in mercenary work. The Angel knows when to pick her battles, and our Seraph is more the messenger than harbringer of death- or whatever it is the gold bitch wants. Her shoulders roll elegantly at the bait Illynx sets out, blue eyes closing in a coy whatever floats your boat. She looks at the Lady and murmurs her response - "There is not much I can say without knowing specifics," she suggests. Or not. There are other fields the angel is more interested in.

"Illynx... I cannot help but think that some of our difficulties would be lifted if we employed someone to act as more of a... diplomatic liaison, with our allies." She chooses the words carefully, but her slight sarcasm is visible in the smile. No more Lady, but still more games- she wonders if the other will catch the tones beneath her words, the way she laughs around the word allies, divulging that she is aware of their shared secret, that they are superior. "Someone who they may trust... to present a new image, perhaps. Polish the blights that rest on our name. An infiltration, if we must use such words." Clearly shit has been wiped across their names. This approach of haughty superiority may be the marrow that flows through her bones, but the Seraph is not fool enough to think that they will go far in the world without someone along to ease the tensions, lubricate the machine. Without, for lack of a better example, her.

To say the lost alliance bothers Illynx would be a bit of an overstatement; it irritates her, that the allies won by the Empress have done nothing to improve her already dismal opinion of them. When she’d first heard of the events, she couldn’t truly be bothered to speak at all on the matter – they were a mixed breed herd, and their leader, Apollo, had always been too soft of a man to associate with such fiends as her kin of the mountain. There had been a benefit of the doubt given, that these new comrades might aide them when it was needed, but the war that had been waged against the foal stealers was lost before it ever began.

The unicorns had expected their allies to come, as they had promised. Perhaps she had missed them during their charge into the Edge, but from her memory, all that came to mind were those wearing horns, far out numbering their “friends” from the Foothills and the slim number that did arrive no where near the promised number of soldiers.

Overall, she felt more contempt for them over the experience, but was not bothered that the Basin stood alone. An temporary truce was settled between their numbers and that of the Edge, which the mare was relatively sure would protect them well enough from any advances of the Throat. The close tied sisterhood of the two filthy herds drew rancor onto the tip of her tongue, made her heart writhe and bend into itself, for without one another, they were both quite weak to the attempts of sovereignty the unicorns placed upon them. Together, they were too strong, though their union was of use in times of peace; more often than not, one herd would not move without the other.

Illynx found comfort in this. Perhaps it was wrong to think so – but she had few other options on which to settle her worries, and either way, the most recent scuffles between the three had only been for the cause of the children that had been stolen away. The Gilded Blade figured as to why the horses of the misty wood had decided to do so, of course, but found little point to the consequences given to her kin for the acts of a few.

A few who had been unrelated to the children that they had targeted, and all that the kidnappings had managed to do was sour the affairs between all involved groups further and making their Doctor vanish into the wilderness in search of his kids. For all the Qian’s blabbering on about being peaceful and wise, Illynx found that the simple act of stealing children in exchange for murder was the dumbest thing she’d encountered in her political career – at least since Deimos was chosen above Psyche to rule.

She was half tempted to take one of the little fuckers from their mothers, to see how the Edge liked their children being subjugated to punishments drawn from acts committed by adults.

Pulled from her thoughts by the sickly nurturing tones of Zuriel, her brow rises in a high arch and she half snorts and half laughs in response to her vapid reply. "Take no offense, darling, for your words hold much logic," she croons, "but I will bend no knee to those who cannot keep their word. I assume you’ve heard of our little… invasion attempt, hm? The Foothills promised much more than they actually provided. Their contract was falsified from the beginning." Her smile is sharp and her patience is wearing thin with this subject. That she has to explain herself and the political bounds of her home so in depth with a woman who seemed to only know who to call Lady and who to call Lord makes her mildly irate (just who the hell does she think she is?), though she covers it in her usually glimmering and vain smirks and falsities. When it jangles into the mention of diplomacy, her answer is swift and without hesitation. "As far as the Edge – we currently hold a temporary truce. The Lord was to see about discussing it with the Dragonheart this season, but it would seem our…dearest neighbors have had internal struggles themselves."

Portray me as a fool now, bitch, she thinks to herself, now that you have proven you only know fragments of the truth. She leaves out mention of attempts being made to contact outcast bands and to further repair the damages done between their nefarious kind and that of the home stealers. The white mare is undeserving of such kindness, now that the woman has made it quite clear she is only digging for flaws in the guarded armor of the Lady, and Illynx finds that the longer the conversation continues, she gains both curiosity and distaste for the other.

Illynx could sense a snake when it was curling around her legs. She just hoped the snake didn’t know that she noticed, to provide her long enough to decide if the reptile should simply be killed or kept as an elegant accessory.

"I desire possession of a certain woman," she states, barely managing to contain her exasperation at the rudeness of Zuriel's gestures and body language, knowing that she must walk delicately after the… horrendous events at the herd meeting, "and if she treats the other groups with as much common sense as she did myself and our entryway, we won’t be the only ones trying to find her." She pauses, letting her golden eyes bore into Zuriel for a moment before she reinstates why it is that the woman is unsuitable. It was not entirely a jab at the myriad horned dame’s ego – while Illynx was not always the most patient or well planned, she did have the ability to think when it was worth her time, and when she did, it led to results. "A novice cannot find a bitch who is hiding from a thousand eyes, and remaining hidden."

The conversation is moving again, onto Emissaries and consulates. At this point, the woman grows weary of explaining this all in such detail, the tiny nuances that she is unsure why this wench has such a desire to know. It is only a matter of time until she figures out whatever it is that has a spy probing about in political matters, however, and so she will appease the egotistical white unicorn for the time being. After all, they are kindred spirits; both covetous, both beautiful and dangerous.

Her soft smile does not falter, though she chuckles softly as one does a child who endlessly throws questions at their elders and at the irony of how her next statement would correlate with Zuriel’s about their less-than-loved status among the other kingdoms of Helovia.

"Our last few promotions of Emissaries resulted only in those members vanishing," she says quickly, but pauses to catch the rest of the mare’s words with her lightly humored smile still lingering on her lips.

Ah, finally something you have a place discussing, she thinks, an endeavor worthy of a viper such as yourself. She had to admit that the idea of a spy among the enemy numbers was truly endearing, and her grin broadens and gains the same wolfish gleam as it had at the mention of finding Confutatis.

"Would you be this most amiable friend of our enemies?" she asks, a slight giggle breaking from her in sheer delight of the idea of knowing what was going on behind their walls.

[ OOC: Wth I'm sorry it's a novella Charks. :| *punches Illynx in eye* lol ]