the Rift

last hope

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
A wagon. Aaron had made a wagon for her herb box. And, with the strength of the warriors of the Edge her box had been lifted into it after it was hooked to Des's back. Resplendence had gone and began to pull specific herbs from her box at this time. Any herbs that were a source of energy were pulled from it's depths and placed in Kahlua's basket. She knew the mare would have no problem with her using this, especially not if it was for the safety of her herd. So the mare shuffled her feet and looked over the herd members who had showed up.

Again, she asked that all were to be careful. Her voice was trembling, the strength only there in spirit - not in the lines of her petite frame. She was not strong. She was not intelligent - not the levels of a leader, barely enough to keep herself alive - but she would die for her family. If it meant she had to jump in front of someone far more worthy of the gift of life then she would do it. Quil would forgive her... right? He would understand she had done it for them.

Cautiously, she shook the thought from her cranium before calling for each and every one of them to follow the bird, pushing a few out of the Edge's borders as they hesitated. One thing yanked at her. She couldn't find Kahlua. Had she been hurt? She wasn't sure, but it wasn't safe to stay lingering. The mare was probably off gathering new recruits again, she'd find her way down here. She'd have to.

So they took off at a canter, a quick pace traveling after the last burning beacon of hope for the herd. As her herdmates became tired she offered them a herb or two and continued to push them forward. She could understand, after all, her limbs were burning too. Sweat was coating her pelt again. Her sides were heaving. It was an aching pain as she pushed herself harder than she had before. But, it was a necessity. Evangeline was near the head of the group, her frame galloping after the fire in the sky.

How long was the travel? How many had stumbled across the terrain as they fought to keep moving during the night? How many would actually reach where we were headed.

But as we came closer and closer to the heart Res could feel her heart constricting and her jaw clenching. The monster is in there. She could feel the fear and she blinks a few times, her steps faltering. No. No. Kaj and Quil killed it. It's gone... She was trying to reassure herself. She was trying to make herself feel better. If the Throat said it was safe then she was going to have to believe them. The huge golden shrine rested at the opening of the cave, and she watched as Eva and some members of the herd as they began to head down into the depths of the cave that was flashing my skull with images of the dark creature.

She can't keep dwelling on it though. Not when she hears voices. And so, she asks for the herb box to be placed near the burning wall, so that it will always be lit up for her to search through. Her eyes lock on the magma and all that is around her and she shudders. She had called them all here and it would all work. It was going to have to, or no one would listen to her again.

So the mare pulls up her last bit of strength, her frame trembling as she moves toward the head of the cave, in front of the mass of people she called her family. Fina has begun to float atop Res's withers, trying to explain that they have reached the location with a few quiet caws that echoed throughout the cave's tunnels. "Are we here?" She asks to the phoenix, finding some form of strange comfort in the flames that brush heat against her pelt without touching. Again, she is given a nod by the bird, a gentle brush of heat to cheek, and then the bird has taken off to the sky again back off to Midas to let him know that the Edge had reached the Sanctuary in what seemed to be one piece. "The Throat is here, my sisters and brothers." Resplendence tries to explain, the strength gone from her voice completely as she stands before them, trying to possess the courage that Mirage had said she had. "We should be safe, for the time being. I'm not sure what is happening, but panicking will not help - it will cause more injuries. Should anyone need herbs for minor injuries sustained please come towards me in a line I'll try and give you something for whatever is ailing you. We will get through this... Together... Understand?" She said, frame trembling as she inched in closer to her herb box before flipping the lid open.

Her eyes had seen Eva having a panic attack as they had come in, and so she snagged some catnip from her box and headed over towards the mare who was probably just as frightened as the claybank was on the inside. She placed a mouthful in front of the mare and delicately nudged her shoulder. "Take some... it'll ease the anxiety..." she whispered, offering an explanation before heading back towards her herb box and beginning to pile the left over herbs from the basket into the box.

Would they really be safe?

Continuation of This Thread
Look at Res. Trying to be all strong because Mirage said she knew she was. And inside she's like "I'M GOING TO DIE. I CAN'T DO THIS. WHY DID SHE THINK I WAS STRONG ;-;"

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
last hope - by Evangeline - 01-12-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: last hope - by Resplendence - 01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: last hope - by Destrier - 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: last hope - by Ayelet - 01-13-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: last hope - by Quilyan - 01-18-2014, 03:11 AM
RE: last hope - by Kaj - 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: last hope - by Resplendence - 01-20-2014, 03:58 PM