the Rift

Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
a long, long, long, way, way from my home

Choices were to be made delicately. Surely I had put my head and my heart in front of me when I had begun what felt like an eternity to my weary form (still moaning at the discomfort I had inflicted upon it). I was not meant to direct myself without help. I was no navigator! My appearance was enough to reveal that I had taken more than a stroll across the valley. I questioned if any passing equines saw the dazed language my body was instinctively posing as. I felt dazed, confused. The paths branched out endlessly, and the appearance of the entire landscape laid out in front of me made any hopeful decisions to choose the right path useless.

Rapidly, my neck rose and my body stiffened at the sound of hooves hitting the earth. Before my second year, self-consciousness had ravaged my love for my exterior based solely on the petite size of my ears. It took me some time to realize I could still hear as vividly as any other colt and filly, and I channeled what memory laid in store within my skull to recognize sounds in case peril lurked nearby. Whether it had graced me with effectiveness or not, I found myself waiting.

A blur of grey emerged from the darker shade of the trees casting their shadows, and highlights from the sun peered through nooks and crannies. Its movement involved a sense of speed overcoming the aesthetic animation. I could finally spot the full view of a slightly older equine standing in front of me - a mare, and a bird creature with her. I felt a twinge of guilt for not approaching another living, breathing organism and having to be the one found without even trying anymore. Nothing stirred in my instincts as danger! to the silent voice that was my conscience. Rather, I was fascinated by the bird serving as a companion; wings apparent, a darting gaze. Imagine having wings! The topic swiftly transitioned to another branch based upon feathers where I caught sight of a wing attached to the skin of the mare. To be honest, my herd surrounded itself with grounded equines. Never a winged one possibly capable of unfurling wings and gaining altitude in flight like a bird!

My ears tuned in: I listened intently to what could be a life-changing moment. Once upon a time, I was naturally cheesy with the lines in my mind where I fantasized a glorious adventure with old playmate. I still did. I finally could distinguish with names if I ever wanted to use the vocals I was blessed with.The mare was Africa and the bir- no, a Zephyr - was referred to as Silas.

"I'm Marco." I answered; my brown eyes gleamed brightly. The words, however small, had escaped my jaw in a better tone than I expected. Recently, I had fretted over a conversation-starter with the first stranger-horse I would meet. "Dragon's Throat", though? I had some odd uncertainty this journey would end vainly. In a throat of a "dragon."

My reply was hastily answered. My thoughts had to be canceled to heed words of reality from Africa. Her voice implied nothing with what I had originally expected, but I could sense there was an issue at hand. Did I need to decipher it further? I did not know why I even brought up more questions that I wanted to ask. I would stall! I felt my own bones chill of the thought of a plague roaming around when I had just got here. Dread closed around my enthusiasm when it made sense I would have to make movement again. I had some time to rejuvenate, but the childish part of me was openly vocal to let out a low groan.

I tried to straighten out my form to prove I could push through the ebbs and towards my strengths - to my true speed. "I-I think I can still gallop. I mean, I have enough energy! I may be a new arrival, but I can still follow!" I finally responded. I nearly scrambled the words, and with low annunciation due to how fast I sped through it. Urgency prodded at the core where all my energy inhabited it; during the slow recovery, too. I might as well gamble what I could spare in following Africa and Silas.
Words: 724
Tag(s): none
Comments: none
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-21-2014, 09:24 PM