the Rift

[OPEN] Those oblivious, and those who just don't care [Morana, Open]

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

His face lowered; regal cranium suspended by the curve of an elegant crest, though neither did he intend to portray. Long ears divided then as he stepped from their meeting point; the left pricked forward (alert and sensitive to those murmurs surrounding), and the right reclined into the loose tangles of gilt-orange, fire strewn mane that looped languidly through the cool fingering breeze. With soldier’s concentration, roused senses drew in the complexities of the bleak world around him- and that individual who dithered behind, testing his honesty; challenging those wraiths closer. Hector didn’t glance back; those of her kind were not the priority pressed upon him, though leave her ignorant he could not- the journey south would be long and difficult, and he could only pray that those ghouls caught no wind of their passing through.

‘She follows!’ His conscience; the spectre, boomed, and the giant’s slack ear shot forward to join his brother on guard. Veci slipped from the length of her tail, entwining his vapour form between the swing of her stride as it quickened to follow. Faster still, he rose like a thin cloud around her, and wafted forward to ride idly the stallion’s slipstream.

He guided them from the refuge of the forest soon after, the full moon lighting for them a path unmarred by those already undead; taken and torn. Hector paused first by the skirt of trees to assess, his partner drifting out brazenly in unison with the wind which howled through the vast lonely openness of the area. "Mind our path, Veci… We travel south. May the wind lift our haste.” Haunches clenched; teeth began to grind silently within the flesh of his taut jaw and wings peeled apart from the sweat freckled line of his barrel to balance the action of his considerable bulk thrusting forward. “Fast now…!”

Through the night he ran, the whipping meadow-grass a blur as he barrelled through its lethargic, rolling sea- and he strained often to find the drum of hooves following; the whisper of wicked laughter, should the wraiths be closing in. Veci travelled silently though, his composed presence a relief when uncertainty clouded the eyes, and dread burned the mind.
And he leapt through the last of the field too, breath heaving; skin trembling with hope- ‘You’ve made it! You’re there!’ The final leg wore heavily upon his brawny knees, the clay packed earth had seen no rain for months apparently; it was dry and unbending as his great hooves pounded across. An ocean of hissing grass swallowed him briefly- the northern fringe, but it thinned and dissolved again as he neared the Heart’s centre.

The quickest of glances was spared for the molten lake as he passed to the left, but he paused not to bask in its comforting glow; instead delving into that same ocean which now bordered the southern side. No sooner did the grass dwindled again, and the great gaping fissure opened beneath him; the doorway to heaven, the exit from hell. Knees stiffened suddenly and a mist of powder-red dust swarmed about him. Turning he sought the mare who he prayed had kept comparative pace with his enormous gait. "Safety lies beneath."

Then down he took her, into the first chamber which lay near empty- those refugees who had huddled so miserably for the first few nights had delved deeper at last, and found solace in the beauty of the Glowing Room. Hector turned at long last, recovering still from the stress of the journey- but he offered a small smile when his tangerine gaze fell once more on the unnerving loveliness of her eyes.

[ooc: feel no obligation to stay with Dragon’s Throat, if it doesn’t suit <3 I fell in love with Morana and just had to answer her Threshold post :)]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ears were pricked forwards with curiosity,neck craned forwards staring at the grey ground. It was a whole muddle of confusion, and the orange stallion didn't even know what was occurring. Emerald orbs gazed around in confusion, and Phoenix wanted to offer himself, to be well...a phoenix. Someone who wouldn't back down, a hero who wouldn't stop fighting for the safety of his herd. He couldn't even accomplish those goals without knowing what on earth was going on. As a newcomer again, the man didn't know even half of his herd mates, anxious about socializing, yet wanting to get to know them.

Slowly pacing across the room, the man had sought refuge from the crowded tunnels that lay deeper inside. Constraint from the outside world had made the man very nervous, and he longed to see the sunlight. But some hidden force kept him from wandering where he pleased to go. Wishing to stretch his cramped up bones, the stallion wanted to spar with one of his herd mates. Or at least do something to gain a recognition to those that surround him daily.

Out of the blue, a body from ways away started appearing on the horizon. The tawny form of a stallion flew down from the sky, landing gracefully by the cave. The curvature of his neck was facing downwards, his orbs overflowing with the emotion of contentment. Surely there was someone that the tawny stallion was waiting for, but for now he wanted to begin a conversation. Boldly walking up to him, a friendly smirk played upon his maw. "Hello! My name is Phoenix, and I believe you're my herd mate from the Throat", well it could have been better, but the palomino tried.

It was true that he had spotted this stallion on occasion, by Midas and the others at meetings. There was also another, Guacho, and of course Godiva and Africa. The defiant look blazed in his eyes, but it wasn't meant to be rude. It was just Phoenix's view on how self confidence looked like.

//crap post >.< So sorry!

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

What was I doing? Following this stranger through the hollowed woods; where was he taking me this haunting eve of deliverance? Listeners stood at attention, as I maintained my forward motion. I realize how crazy this may seem; others would have ignorantly turned their nose to another dragging them out into the darkness. But I liked this game, this uncertainty that lead me into nothingness; it was a rush- setting all your senses on edge. I could question him, while the wind blasts by our ear; he would never hear me at this rate. It would be wasted oxygen; and he knew our destination. And I did not- maybe it was better that way.

Pillars of onyx and splashed snow carried me swiftly behind; if not slightly off to the right of the flame kissed unipeg. Leaps of faith happened so quickly, dodging and winding through the thick foliage; pine branches not hesitating to stretch down with the winds, and scrape into the skin. Withholding a rapid gate, I found solace in myself as I began to tune everything into focus. There was no stress, no urgency of fear and terror. The sound of each hoof beat; every trembling breath was almost stilled framed in my mind. The heart in my chest, although emotionless, raced with me- as if it were its last beating. I enjoyed running, it was always a good way to clear one’s mind.

Eyes of crystal broke from focus for a moment, resting upon a cloud of vapor from a strange creature. Had this thing been there all along, and I just didn’t see it before? It was all happening too quickly, and this galloping fest just seemed to be getting started. Dual toned mask shook to regain my concentration; this stallion could run there was no doubt about that. All I really hoped now was that he didn’t just spring those wings of his, and fly away to leave me here in this unknown space. I’m telling you, turn back- he’ll kill you. What did she know? Though my mother has always been right in the past; maybe I should listen. I’m the killer, remember? Or maybe I won’t.

The pace was slowing now, the edge of the trees where she had just come from they were stopping, but why? I reined my head back as I slid to a stop alongside the stallion, luckily I didn’t slip and land on my face due to the mossy floor. That would have been rather embarrassing. I couldn’t understand why I was so intrigued; why I wanted more out of you- why I cared to take your lead into this world. Oculars etched in ice gazed upon the moonlit horizon; seemed like any other evening. Though my heart was still racing with adrenaline- lungs beginning to burn; but I didn’t want to stop.

Only but a moment passed, before the sun-kissed warrior fluffed his wings away from his side- I watched in awe, almost envy- as I did wish I had been so lucky to be born with the skill of flight; or a weapon lodged into my skull. He lunged forth, his voice slicing into my ears like a cannon blast knocking me back into the reality of how stupid I was being. Still panting heavily, I lunge after him legs stretching their limber length to keep up with his elongated strides. I could feel the muscles in my legs tighten; the tingling sensation of a dull burn flooded my body as sweat began to bead upon my drying coat. Howling winds, combed through my marbled fibers as they whipped and danced upon my neck, waving like a banner following close behind.

The hills that were rolling upon the horizon glittered and swayed like a golden ocean. Crisp winter kissed air, fueling my lugs; they pulse, stretch and burn, flooding my blood with oxygen so I can keep the momentum in my stride. In the open, I found myself refracting my gaze from the journey ahead and into the aspect of the world’s dangerous beauty. Mighty mountains spruce from the earth’s floor, their snow painted peaks hazed and blurred out into a cloudy distant snowstorm. The cold grey feel of the now clouded sky, illuminated a soft glow of light; burning magma from the volcanic pools- its heat drifting along the nights crisp breeze, mixing and mingling through my marble fibers with a touch of comfort. The aroma of this place, these lands that I broke upon, had so many elements floating grasped in the breeze. I smell the salty ocean, the moisture on the grasslands, and the burning ash of the far off lava pools. For a moment, it almost looked like the end of times; darkness casted over the horizon with nothing but a fiery glow upon natures crust. It was wearily picturesque.

Though all the running and the change of terrain; I hadn’t really had time to think any of this through like I normally would. I’m very detailed about things, but this time was more of a whim than anything. I’ve never turned down an adventure before; no matter how dangerous it may be. I could feel my breaths begin to stagger as cannons pumped in powerful rhythm, my eyes resting upon the dark space upon the earth before them as they grew rapidly near. The earth beneath me changed, the moist earth and foliage have turned to cracked clay and rock. As the flame-kissed beast eased his speed; so did I following precious suit step per step. Had I just danced across the world with a stranger? I suppose there’s a first time for everything.

Are you attracted to him? Remember what I said about stupid questions? I’m just saying, It’s been a while. Putrid statements, coming from a mentor- a teacher whom now only lives in my mind. Any relationship I’ve ever acquired, has been a mastered art of blending in to those around me. It took many seasons of study, to figure out how the mind of the stallion and the mare works. And what emotions are, and how to fake them since I can’t really feel them... or at least I don’t think I do.

The sound of hooves digging into the clay caught me off guard, lowering my chestnut-cream tiara, haunches locked into a skid. Grains from flying dust and dirt stained my legs and muzzle as I regained my balance, elevating my head to meet the amber gaze of the stallion as he spoke. As he turned and continued down into the cave, I stood seemingly frozen for a moment. Flurries of dust floating around my legs as the wind brushed between them. I bet I looked lovely now, after a freezing bath I had torn ass across a land with a stranger. Once illuminate ivory pillars, now splashed with mud and dust. I was filthy, a little hot mess. Doing my best to catch my breath, the sound of another voice awoke my lobes from their tight slumber against my skull. Shifting to the side, I watched as another Pegasus stallion moved through the darkness of the cave.

I watched him idly, doing my best to keep my breathing under control. My ribs ached, and my lungs felt as if there was a fire within them. I wanted to catch my breath, before lowing myself into a humid, musky cave. Stiffly, I carried myself into the mouth of the cave, twin lobes erect and listening to any sounds that would echo through its walls; other than the sound of my clacking hooves upon the hard rock and clay. There he is, beware they can easily over power you. She was right, after running to the river, and then running from the forest to here? I was completely exhausted. The vocals of the Pegasus echoed in my lobes as they lazed to the side. Phoenix his name was, from a place called the Throat. Now that’s an odd herd name... Indeed.

Coat of crimson and cream trembles with beaded sweat rolling down the curvature of my arched neck as I made my way closer to the duo; eyes of cascaded silver ice looked into those of the flame-kissed. Rose lips quiver as my nostrils flare, doing my best to catch my body up to speed with deep breaths. I did my best not to show my exhaustion, by keeping my visage alive and alert- even though it felt like my legs had turned to mush. ”Where are we?” I questioned, my tones fluid though breaths struggled to keep up after I finished a small question. Helovia, a place that’s been taken by darkness and illness- was it safe here in the darkness? I told you it’s a trap. For God’s sake! Ebony and Ivory whip-cord cracks against my haunches in irritation to my mother’s irrational statement. And to think, I was stuck with her forever; and so I smile softly as if nothing was wrong.

[ooc: I'm glad you enjoy her. @[Hector] is AMAZING; love your writing style with him <3 And.. sorry about the huge Novel.. 1488 Words? /dies.]

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

The low drone of whispered confusion rose like the angry tides of a churning ocean around them. It was an atmosphere he had learned to tolerate; a level of simmering stress that no longer prickled apprehension through his auburn hide. With well-proportioned ears (still far longer than any natural being), angled towards the painted woman, and the hum surrounding nulled by the strength of his resolute mind, Hector did not immediately notice the plucky approach of the golden stallion. Right away the face of the other was familiar and a mild-mannered gesture was given to him; a brisk nod and the slim curve of a fraternal smile. The same writhing strain that was strewn through most of their kind, was more than evident as Pheonix’s sky-blue gaze met the soldier’s own, flame-kissed eyes. They were Pegasus who sought liberty in the vast heavens- dwelling in tunnels like they had been forced to, was as unnatural to them as life on land would be to a fish. In vague sympathy of their combined plight, the vivid orange feather’s flecking Hector’s glorious wings bristled.

“I know of you Pheonix.” The ivory dressed face of the larger male dipped cordially to hail the greeting offered by his herd-mate; impassive civility the best he could offer. The life of a solider warranted such inter-herd knowledge, the faces and names of those who the Throat harboured were as well known to him as those very sands spilling throughout their homeland- it was his responsibility to know who belonged, and who did not. “We are brethren of the desert, yes. Well met…” Although his manner did not reflect the barefaced courtesy of the palomino, a sturdy mutual-respect was set into his heart, much like it existed for Sohalia, for Shadow, or for any other of their kin.

The strange creature whom Hector had guided home followed into the fissure not minutes behind, and rapidly the winged creatures eyes were drawn to find her; lusting perhaps silently and against his better judgement, for yet another glimpse of her cunning brilliance- no matter the slick of filthy sweat upon her, there was some allure that his hormone-charged frame was helpless to retire. Dressed smartly in naught but the simplicity of a soldier’s distant, poker-face, he allowed the ramble of his eyes to quench their thirst- irrespective of the company which now rose from the dank shadows of the realm beneath their rest. A heaving barrel was all which betrayed the level of exertion which had brought the mare, and himself to safety. Tight-lipped and cleverly composed, the athletic warrior concealed that fatigue which ricocheted subtly through the nerves flanking the stretch of his auburn coat.

Hector was impressed still more by her resilience. She seemed at first glance to have weathered the trek well- he had pushed to the brink of a ground-dweller’s capability he was sure; but this mare was here squarely upon her long-suffering limbs, where the sunlight could not sooth those aching muscles shared between them. At last she spoke, and a weak scoff fluttered the chestnut’s nostrils at the tardiness of this, her first question. Never the less, he could not scorn the foolishness of her trust. “This cave has been dubbed The Sanctuary…” he informed her blandly; not overly comfortable while the fresh wind trawled beyond their reach. He continued… “I am Hector, and this is Pheonix.” He gestured typically to the golden stallion standing with them. “Our herd normally inhabits the desert south of here… (for now he strategically failed to mention the lush oasis that granted their ability to thrive in case, she who was still a stranger, was not well matched to their clan) …The region is called Dragon’s Throat.”

Confident that enough had been offered to satisfy any initial curiosity, Hector fell silent- wishing for his counterpart to follow his lead for the time being, until they knew what manner of creature had been brought into the cave. The cave would undoubtedly house many around them- four herds, and many nomadic bands coloured Helovia’s culture and he was not fool enough to presume their suffocation beneath this toxic cloud. Whether she stayed as the soldier’s recruit, or moved deeper to blend with the anonymous crowd below, Hector would limit his information about their family appropriately.

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Anxiety bubbled within him, spreading to his nervous system. It was a troubling thing, continuing with the bold stance despite his pounding heart. His eyes wishing to shift away, look down or somewhere to avoid looking directly at the broad stallion and the mare. Despite excelling in the area of fighting, Phoenix wished for once instead of teaching a spar, that someone would teach him some key points on social interactions. A grin played upon his maw, but he looked at the mare, and she seemed somewhat uneasy. It was something the stallion could relate to, but the lovely femme didn't seem unsettled because of anxiety or anything like that.

Taking a delicate step back, feeling the soft brush of a wall gently prod his rump, the palomino tried to not be a disturbance, moving out of the way. Burning heat washed over his face, a sensation of pure embarrassment as he carefully stepped to the side. The darkness envelops the bodices of the three horses, and in the dim light that softly shines from the boundaries of the world outside outlines tiny beads of sweat upon the flank of the woman. A half heart smile appears on his face, but emerald orbs give away much emotion of discomfort. She wasn't alone in this ordeal. The curvature of her elegant nape gleamed with a sheen as silvery pools shifted around the place. It was as if someone was speaking to her, a spirit of some sorts.

Shaking off the feeling, the palomino averted his gaze to the sun-kissed stallion, known as Hector. A smile arose on his maw, one of a boy that had found a new friend. Dipping his head, his kissers clamped shut once more, reverting to a normal gaze. Lifting back up to meet his fellow herd mate, the response was brief but still filled with confidence. "Well met, brother", the word felt strange on his tongue, as Phoenix had never referred to anyone like that. But it could be the beginning of the anxious palomino warming up to the concept of a family. Fiery orbs seemed to fixate themselves in a serious manner upon the lithe form of the smaller mare, and Phoenix decided to get a better look for himself.

Taut legs wobbled slightly as he craned his neck, emerald orbs caught the lithe figure of the femme, sizing her up. A pretty little thing, but oh so nervous. Hector's voice reverberated through the tunnels, and the palomino felt he had caught a glimpse of some sort of emotion laced within the rigid movements of the man. They were Pegasi, creatures created for the heavens. It was no doubt they both shared the same attitude, the yearning for freedom to be out of the constricting cage of the tunnels. He thirsted for the feeling of the frigid wind playing among his feathers, coaxing him to head higher into the sky until a fiery bodice was an orange speck in the blue atmosphere. Phoenix knew that they both lusted to be freed from the prison that was supposed to be a haven.

Audits pricked up with interest, hearing what Hector had to say. Falling silent besides him, the sun-kissed stallion had basically described the prospect of what the Dragon's Throat was. Unless the chocolate wanderer inquired more on what Helovia was like, he would stay quiet and tune in. There would come a turn where he would offer a valuable piece of conversation--he just had to know when to jump in.

//So I know I screwed everything up. >.< Ugh. But anyways, I posted before Morana, so after Hector posts, Phoenix will know Morana's name and all of that lovely stuff~

Hidden Account
Candy

Finally the lynching lump in my throat had subsided as my breaths where becoming more stable, taking in the musky scent of the cave walls. The air was thin, and the heat rolled off my body in wisps of steam rising toward the ceiling; but vanishing quickly after leaching from my skin. Muscles were ablaze with soreness, fatigue although I did my best to distract myself from thinking about it as I kept a close eye upon the winged duo. His voice rang deep within my lobes, as I stood silently to listen to his answer. I gazed around the mouth of the cave in the distance, as he spoke the name of this place. The Sanctuary, although it didn’t feel like a sanctuary at all; it felt more as if you had been dragged down to your grave. I did not look back to him, as he introduced himself as Hector, and the other as Phoenix. I stowed their names away, listed them like pen to paper, and filed away in my personal office.

Maybe they’re not that bad. - We’ll see. My mother had been right many times in her years breathing alongside me. Sometimes she was more of a nuisance than a helpful advisor. She appears at her own will, in an illusion and voices in my head. Did that make me crazy? No. I didn’t think so. Taking a generous step back, dual toned tiara lowered to the height of my chest, twisting left and right as I shook myself from nose to tail to rid of the dust that covered my coat. Audits free roam the area, as the sound of my hooves clack against the cave floor as I regain my solid stance after my brisk shake.

Their home land was a desert, the place the golden bird had talked about; Dragons Throat. Confused, but not appalled by the idea I gave a soft bob of my head, to acknowledge his statements. She had forgotten to give her name to the gentleman, but she was rarely on a first name basis with anyone. But to be fair; ”Pleasure to meet you both.” I paused, my tones more fluid and well defined now that I had caught my breath. I decided not to repeat their names, they knew who they were. "I am Morana." I spoke freely, my name here wasn’t slandered or stricken with a murderous fear. Curving upon the edge of my lips, there was a warm smile given to the fire-eyed stallion, Hector.

You’re not going to tell them where you hail from, are you Morana? I let my mothers question echo in my head. They won’t know of my History. I couldn’t tell them I was a killer, had a lust to kill those who had done wrong in the world. My last victim didn’t lay far from this place; but I could only smile to myself and wonder if anyone had found her rotting corpse just yet; then again from their calls of anguish I’m sure they did. I beamed a little in my eyes, portraying the innocence I no longer held in my heart.

I could smell them, and my gaze peered down into the blackness of the cave of which we stood. "There are many here." I breathed, soft spoken as I turned back to the pair of stallions. "What were we running from?" I inquired, going back to the first thing he said to me in the Threshold. No one runs like that, for no reason. To push you on the brink of pain and agony, there was dauntless uneasiness about our travel here. Something here was just not right, to have so many unique smells in one cave, something told me the depths were quite packed.

"What keeps those with the ability to fly away, caged under ground away from precious skies?" I spoke bluntly, offering a tedious smile. It was a tight space, even for me and I didn’t have the wingspan to worry about. They live in a desert, why would a cave be much better? Maybe they couldn’t take the heat. Maybe they’re on the run. I don’t know.

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

The sunray stallion held his tongue appropriately. While Hector was no Lord to be dealing out consequences- both the positive and negative, in life; he knew that favour attained through the ranks and by colleagues was a fine thing to come by. After failing so miserably to appease the eyes of his dignified family, the orange giant had fallen upon Helovia, and into the encouraging arms of this clan; of Kri, the Resolute. A quietly appreciative snort passed through large flaccid nostrils as orange-gold eyes fell again to cradle Pheonix for the slightest of seconds.

When Morana spoke at last, her voice slithered into the dull moaning air and Hector felt drawn to its smooth, eloquent design. Not many who had spoken with him recently were gifted with such a graceful tongue (such appeal) - and certainly it was a gift upon his engrossed ears. The name did not sour his thoughts; she was fresh blood indeed across these shores, those which he had traversed many, many occasions now. As his rust-red lips curled to reflect the warmth offered by her lovely splashed white, pink-tinged mouth, softening eyes began to loosen their concern. A giddy fool this warrior was not; but there was some manipulative attraction lurking behind those ethereal blue eyes which he just could not resist.

He drank the frankness of the painted mare’s introduction easily; not for one moment thinking to question more about her, or the past which had delivered her into Helovia’s weakened embrace. Certainly the mildness of her manner, the serene flow of her words... the stylish switch of her well fleshed hips... the grace and poise of her smaller, feminine frame; she was innocently looking for that place to rest he presumed arrogantly and gushed discreetly when she pulled from him to glance away down the corridor. As a charge of testosterone laced adrenaline surged through his enormous labyrinth of veins, the tri-bred’s sleek coat rippled fondly.

Hector had not always been such an aloof, sober personality.

"Wraiths." The soldier answered sternly, thrust from yearning by the thought of that prevalent danger above their heads and his slackened composure stiffened appropriately. This time his gravity was not swayed by the touch of her expressive lips. "Many have been taken by the darkness. Those undead souls now hunger after the living." It was a terrible thing and much of Hector and Pheonix’s kin had been stolen and transformed into all manner of revolting... forms.

No herd had been spared the wrath of this disease; not those fortified by enchanted walls, nor those guarded by the finest army in the land. Everyone had gathered like mulling cattle to hide down here in the cave. "Many of our kin... with flight..." he clarified quickly, narrow eyes surveying the crude nakedness of her shoulders, "...have watched those foolish enough to remain, be taken. A resistance has been formed, though still we are at a loss to explain such absurdity."

Hector drew a long breath and held it quietly; a reserved glance was laid upon Pheonix then, should the flaxen maned stallion have anything further to contribute.

[ooc: Candy- I hope you don’t mind me elaborating on her voice/speech; if my interpretation of anything is wrong, please let me know- she just oozes ‘seductress’ though]

Hidden Account
Candy
[ooc: Not at all Riven. <3 @[Phoenix] are you going to continue in this thread? :3]

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Yes ^^" I have been in the middle of moving, and my internet has been failing for days. I'll delete this post in a bit ad reply ^^