the Rift

[OPEN] better dig two

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

Nip. Nip. Tug. Nip. Tug harder. Slap.

It was the last one that sent my head jerking back, stirring me from my sleep with surprise and causing me to scramble to my feet. Are we under attack? my dreary mind rushed to find answers, Is somebody hurt? Is there-... My worries all ceased when Suli's head appeared before my eyes, upside down as she peered at me, craning her neck from her perch between my ears. Taking in a deep breath and then letting out a heavy exhale, I shot the dragoness a glare, but it was exhaustion rather than anger that fueled it. "What?"

From where she sat, claws latched firmly around wavy forelock, Suli seemed to bounce. Normally she would have rolled with humor at my reaction to her tail popping me in the face, but today something seemed different as she flipped herself over onto my muzzle, tugging persistently at my mane and pushing against my face with all her might as though she could drag me. "Follow," came her voice through the bond, sounding strained as she continued her attempts to get me to move. At her simple request, I furrowed a brow; what it could be, there were so many possibilities that I wouldn't even attempt to pinpoint one. Finally relenting for fear of the worst, I urged her to go on and lead the way. Using my forehead as a springboard, she pushed herself into the air and did just that, and I trotted carefully after her.

Suli came to an abrupt halt some ways into the cavern and I did the same, watching as the little green zeroed in on a small white creature that was stock still on the cave walls. When it started to move and scramble for cover, though, it was too late, and its life was squandered in Suli's talons. She looked proud of herself at her catch, but rather than devouring the salamander right then and there as she usually did, she brought it along as she continued to lead us further into the cave.

'Gwyneverre.'

I heard the spoken name just a minute later, and I slowed myself to a calm walk and then stopped when I realized what Suli had been leading me to. Ahead of us, shards of broken eggshell could be seen scattered across the stony floor, and near them stood a leggy colt of ebony and ivory with eyes wide and wondrous, but he was not alone. Making her way up to the colt's head and around his horn was a white dragon, looking worlds different than my Suli but beautiful nonetheless. I kept still and quiet as I observed however, for I knew that this was a precious moment that could be easily ruined. Colt and dragon were bonding in a deeper way than words could ever describe and I wouldn't dare interrupt them until it was over, even as the colt looked as though he were about to be killed. I bit back a chuckle and simply watched the moment until all seemed to calm and their bond was official.

"She's beautiful," I remarked as I finally moved forward, hoping I wouldn't startle the youngster nor his newborn compatriot. Suli wasted no time in flying ahead, hovering just over the colt's head unless he moved, in which case she would have persistently followed to offer the salamander to her alabaster kin. 'Eat,' I could hear her saying, uncertain if dragons could hear the words of another or not. It was an interesting thing to wonder, one I'd have to ask the little green later on.

Turning my attention back to the colt, I dropped my head and cast him a gentle smile. If I was honest with myself, he reminded me fondly of my own children, Laila and Luken, when they had been the same age. "Forgive Suli, she says your friend needs to eat. Gwyneverre, I think I heard you say..?" I paused a moment, giving him time to answer before giving my own name. "I am Destrier. Who are you, young one?"

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
better dig two - by Abraham - 01-14-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: better dig two - by Destrier - 01-19-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: better dig two - by Abraham - 01-20-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: better dig two - by Destrier - 01-22-2014, 03:57 AM
RE: better dig two - by Amara - 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM