the Rift

The Night Is Dark[Open]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Déodat was a proud lord, not a cowering fool; yet, this darkness was beginning to fill him with sheer terror. Monsters had leapt from the welcoming forest of Helovia. How long would it take for them to come north? What if they already had? Worry churned in his stomach and there was nothing he could do to tame it. Over and over images of the Basin’s destruction played out through his mind. It was only a matter of time before the undead turned their attention to the north and start feeding on the crowned. Standing around and waiting for them to come left him feeling useless, and his lack of sleep was driving him deeper and deeper into the hands of delusions and hysteria.

Several days had passed since he had left the north to scout out a place that they could potentially take shelter in at least, and at best he hoped to find the nest of the undead. Sleep had been a luxury the Blood Prince hadn’t allowed himself to take in over twenty four hours. Exhaustion was written all over his body and he knew if something were to attack he wouldn’t stand a chance. The sun was beginning to set and Déodat could see the streaks of red beginning to cross the sky. Night was oncoming and he had absolutely no desire to face the monsters in the dark when he was so close to collapsing. Out of the corner of his eye he thought he could see a shadow shift, his head whipped around and he blindly swung his horn. There was nothing, or maybe that was what the monster wanted him to think. Panic seized hold of him and he began to gallop to get away from his imaginary zombie.

After several moments, he stopped and looked about. It appeared as though he had out run the monster. Déodat gave out a sigh of relief. As he started to walk he stumbled and a loud shout escaped from his mouth as he felt himself slide several inches. His eyes widened and he looked at the darkness in front of him. Was that a cave? Recklessly he wandered down into the darkness. For a moment he wondered if he had found the nest of the monsters, but the scents around him didn’t reek of death, no, what he smelled was very much alive. “Who would live in a hole like this?” He mused to himself. “Desperation can lead many to do foolish things.”

As he headed deeper into the caverns, the Blood Prince wondered who and how many individuals had wandered into this place, and whether they still lingered. “Hello?” He called, his voice oozing weariness. Finally he stepped into a room that could fit almost every individual in Helovia. The Blood Prince studied every rock and crevice. Whatever he had found, this place was truly spectacular.

"Speech speech speech"

[Open to anyone.]
Is that an angel which flew down from the twilight sky?
Is that a fiend which crawled out from a crevice?.

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Inside her, a warrior yearned. But it wasn't time. The warrior sunk to the deep corners of her heart, and became nearly invisible to the girl. Her orbs were glazed with horror. It seemed as if she was watching Helovia shatter into a million pieces... There to sit and not be cleaned up. Never to be swept and glued together. A tragedy waiting to happen. Chills ran up her spine, a sheet of fear and desperation covering her and making her emotions bleak. She had seen so many cower under the iron fist of the undead, and now she was one of them. Her fright for the monsters was prominent. She had seen four now, but stayed uninfected. It was a miracle she was still herself, and not a flesh eating thing like so many had been turned into. Her heart pushed her to the Fields, where holes lie beneath the Earth and provide comfort and security. She had visited here before, not too long ago, probably a few days. Abishia wondered through the Fields, struggling to remember where it was, the hole. But soon, it lay right at the tips of her hooves. By who knows what, she had come to be straight in front of her. The tips of her ivory kissers where pulled by an invisible string, strengthening into a pleased smirk. Carefully, she set one hoof after another down the slope that lead to the underground land.

Soon, she was wondering through a serious of caves. Gazing up, and to her sides, she was delighted by the beautiful sights. Odd rocks hang from the ceiling of the cave in most places, and in some places, they came up from the ground. The overall shape of the rocks reminded her of a Unicorn's horn. Of course, as it always did when she thought of a horn, the little thing inside of her burned with envy. Her immense imagination lead her to a world where she pranced with a horn, where she had been welcomed into her favorite herd... Where all was well and worth living for her. Grimacing, she shook her dome fiercely, ridding of the image that she knew would never play out. Walking on, she listened to the echo of her dainty hooves upon the stone floor. Glancing to her sides, she smiled, knowing that the echos weren't her hooves, but the ones of others. By her right side was her beautiful mother, Harmony or MeMe and on her left was Antheia, or as Abi called her, Antie. They were flanked by other's who hardly ever spoke other than when they chorused to her. They were all glancing to one another, translucent ears twitching one way or another, and their hard to see orbs where wide. Shaking her head, she knew that they were worried. Sometimes, even her spirits where wrong. She let out a comforting nicker. They would catch what she was trying to say, for the bond between them all was strengthened to the point in which actual words weren't necessary. She loved having friends that other's couldn't see, knowing that someone was always there and there was always another shoulder to lean on (not literally of course).

Soon the echoes of her hooves was met by a voice. Abishia flicked her lobes to and fro. “Hello?” was all she heard, but it had said something else also. She let out another soft nicker, hoping it would hear her. Walking forward, she followed the narrow crevice until it opened up into a very large room. Glancing around, she wondered where the being was that had spoke. She whipped her dome in the direction of breathing, alarm arousing in her. Was it another thing? Was it coming after her? Flaring her nostrils, she narrowed her pools to get a better look. A smile met her lips when she saw that it wasn't a thing, no, but a Unicorn. She took a few more paces toward him at a jog, coming up and stopping about five horse lengths from him. Immediately, she dipped her dome, not even bothering to look him over. When she raised her white-capped cranium, she let her orbs dance over his frame. He had a nice build, dunish with black socks, and a black mane and tail. She smiled lightly, and addressed him. " Sir, hello, I am Abishia. Pleased to be in your presence. What may I call you?

"Talk the talk.

@[Déodat]
Image by Wild. || Table by Clo.

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

déodat,

Déodat turned his head in the direction of the voice, almost expecting a monster. Instead, he saw a filly and something about her was incredibly familiar. The filly politely addressed him and he wasn’t entirely sure how to respond. “Hi,” he said with a flick of his tail. Socializing with hornless never was very high on his list, especially hornless children. Such a rodent should be put down, but he knew very well that her mother could be lingering off somewhere and he had no desire to deal with the screams and cries of a mourning mare, that and he wasn’t the type to stoop as low as killing children for no reason.

Finally it dawned on him where precisely he had seen the child, the Threshold. “First I see you in Helovia’s entrance and now here… Quite the busy filly aren’t we?” Even if the child was born into a race of liars and backstabbers, he would let her slide under his radar, but once this girl was grown Déodat wouldn’t hold back that murderous instinct. A sigh passed from his lips and he shook his head. “Where is your mother? One of these days you’ll find that reckless travels can be the end of you, especially when you’re young.” The words that poured from his tongue were harsh and merciless, and his tone was layered with gruffness but it was also clear he was giving genuine advice. Life shouldn’t be wasted, even if the life was the equivalent of a rodent’s.

All of those scents mixed together couldn’t be just this one filly. It seemed as though others might’ve have come down into this darkness.. but why? Who would want to be trapped below round in the darkness? “Tell me girl, are there others down here besides you and I?”

@[Abishia]

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Hidden Account
Wild.

She sighs, letting dual colored orbs linger on the crown atop his head. The envy inside her builds, and she holds down the everlasting 'horn-complements.' Like all the royals, or crowned ones, he seems to not like Abishia very much. Of course, this doesn't bother the fae. She is used to being looked down upon, and doesn't mind it one bit. After all, she is hornless . If only she could be great, like the he... She would be so much more respected and, well, looked up to... If only she had a horn. His response was a flat hi. Gruff in his manner, Abishia started to take a liking to the horned one. She is odd, isn't she? A hornless, that hates hornless? Why, that's just wrong! “First I see you in Helovia’s entrance and now here… Quite the busy filly aren’t we?”

Not knowing how to respond, she simply gives a curt nod. She was quite adventurous, but she never viewed this as a bad thing. His next words stung, and she couldn't help but let her smile falter a bit. But the girl soon recovered her composure, and let her ivory kissers slip back into a friendly curve again. " There is no mother in the picture, sir. " She stated, her voice soft and quiet. Abishia took in the cave once again, her orbs swiftly taking in her surroundings. "I'd rather travel alone. I wish not to be strapped down by a nagging mare. " A twist of menace suddenly took over her voice, and she meet orbs with the tall Stallion. All the while, voices of other's had been bouncing off the stone walls, and threatening to distract her. They only did when he asked her if there was others. She flicked her maw slightly, in the direction of the stone paths. "I have heard there are other caverns and crevices other than this one. I am guessing that there are others dwelling down here, but I have no knowledge of who they would be. By the sounds of it, there's quite a few beings down here, sir. "

She turned her neck to look behind her, where she had come from. Who knew a small hole in the ground could lead to somewhere so magnificent. Then, she turned back forwards, and gracefully walked past the Stallion and to the entrance of another cave. She was now turned away from him, but she still addressed him, while carefully sniffing the stone wall. "Your crowned..." Blandly, she stated the obvious. Then Abishia turned back around so that she was facing him, jealousy displaying in her orbs, but not portrayed in her voice. "Are you from the Basin, sir? "

"Abi Talk!"

@[Déodat]

{Didn't know if this got buried, so I went ahead and tagged you c:}

Credits

lines

déodat,

The child was gazing at his horn, and for a moment Déodat believed he had stumbled upon one that feared or was prejudiced against the unicorns of the north. Something about the way she looked at him didn’t make him think fear or judgment, but he couldn’t quite place what it was. Whatever, it mattered little what was going through the simple mind of the creature before him. All this girl would ever be good for was a pet or servant, and the Blood Prince had no need for either.

Déodat noticed the way the girl’s faltered after his question and his own frown deepened a bit. Why did he always manage to offend fillies? He pushed these thoughts aside as the girl bean to speak once again. The way she spoke of mother’s made his stomach churn in anger. This hornless worm so easily tossed aside the value of a mother. Despite all of his rage he managed to keep the fire under control though there was an obvious fire in his eyes. “You won’t know what you have until it’s gone child.” The Blood Prince hissed with disgust, “You say you have no desire for a mother, so you clearly don’t know the value of one.” No explanation and no story, that was all he would give her. This brat didn’t need to know of the loss and grief that he still carried within his stone heart. All that he could call family was his cousin, and even that tie was held together by a couple of strings that could snap at any time.

Voices rang off the walls of the cavern. Déodat narrowed his eyes and glanced about, not realizing that his previous question had been answered by his hornless companion. His gaze flickered back to the girl. The respectful behavior this filly held at the very least was a mild redeeming quality. As she walked passed him the Blood Prince kept a very careful eye upon her, to ensure that she wasn’t up to any tricks before she spoke. Déodat wanted to roll his eyes at the statement toward the sword upon his head. He bit back the harsh word that danced at the edge of his tongue. His ears perked forward as he noticed something in her eyes, it was envy and he found himself smirking.

“Why?” Déodat demanded, he didn’t owe anything to the girl. “I'll answer your question though.. Yes, I am.”

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Hidden Account
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

His harsh words hit her hard, an internal pain gripping her heart. She flinch self-consciously, and flicked her lobes. Her orbs then flew open wide, and she scoffed. Eyes blaring with fury, she struggled to keep herself calm, knowing she was a lesser. She took several steps toward him, until she was about a mouse-length from his maw. She locked eyes with him, realizing the disgust he had displayed. He did not know the girl, nor her past; the thing that had forced her to be so mature. Forcing herself to keep a straight face, she simply stared at the Stallion, hurt, anger, frustration, all jumbled into one and showcasing in the windows to her soul. "I have known the value, I had felt the love. But all of this was one sided. " She hissed fiercely under her breath. The constant thought of the Stallion's power. He could easily overtake the girl and do what he pleased with her. This nagged her thoughts, but for once, she pushed her fears away. " Don't be so quick to assume, sir. Not all Mothers are the same. Some chose to abandon, and other's chose to be great. Harmony thought it was okay to leave. I respect her, but no, I no longer wish to see her. " Turning on her heel, she faced the opposite direction, where she had paced before. She sighed, and not bothering to turn around, she spoke again. " Don't let my personality fool you; I do want her back, but she doesn't want me. "

She took a few paces away from him, but was still in optimal hearing range. She flicked her harks to face backward and devour his cold voice. A shiver was sent down her spine, and she had to shake away the mental images of Harmony, and concentrate on the voice. She was right again, her prediction was based on his attitude towards her, and she was absolutely correct. But he had asked why... How could she answer that question? Why did she even ask in the question? She sighed, a long buff of air escaping her. She floated her orbs around the room, wondering how she would be able to answer him. Before she could think, it spilled. "I was just wondering..." Trailing off, she surprised herself by how she had made an excuse so quickly. But the truth was that she had a want to be apart of that devious herd. She wanted to draw the blood of others with her horn... Her horn that didn't exist. But her horn that she would strive to receive, and one day, it may just be a possibility. She stayed turned from him, not wanting to turn around and face him.

{ @[Déodat] }

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

déodat,

The girl flinched as words poured from his mouth, and he realized he hit a soft spot. Déodat withheld the urge to roll his eyes at this filly’s weakness. Words came under her breath and he pinned his ears back. This, Abishia should be careful even if he was worn from the long journey, he wouldn’t hesitate to destroy the girl especially with no mother around. As she prattled on, there was a great temptation to shut her out and move on. “Enough!” Déodat barked, “Don’t tell me not to assume when you speak ill of the woman that birthed you. Family is a valuable thing, and you of all should see how precious it is.” It would be so easy to dispose of this nuisance. All it would take was a flick of his horn and her blood would be spilling upon the earth. “Sure she left you, but does that mean throw a pity party? Does that mean disrespect the woman that gave you life? Sure, she was shit, but at least hold your tongue. My father was no gem, but not once have I disrespected his memory by speaking ill of him! I recognize him for what he excelled in. Do the same for your mother. You owe her your life.” Exhaustion was gripping him and though he could typically control his rage slightly, it was getting out of hand.

No, the Blood Prince hadn’t mentioned his father once since witnessing his death. Not since the final battle that had destroyed every friend and nearly every ounce of family he had left. Only D’artagnan, but that bond was only held together by thin threads and the rare times he had seen his cousin. Funny how alone he felt at times even when he was in the midst of another.

Her words pulled him from his thoughts. “Were you now?” Déodat said skeptically. “Most don’t just wonder about the place that I deem my home. Helovians tend to hear the name and thrust forth judgment and assumptions. If you think I’m going to hurt you, I won’t, I’m too tired and I am not fond of needless death… Unless you prove to be enough of a pest to me.” There was a warning in his tone and it told her to tread carefully. The Blood Prince was tired and that made his mood all the more foul.

A sigh passed from his lips as he felt his eyelids growing heavy. “It was a nice to meet you I suppose little hornless child, but I am a weary soldier that needs to return home. Please excuse me while I go to sleep.” With that, Déodat walked off into the darkness of the caves where he would rest before departing back to his icy home.

[@[Abishia] Apologies for the abrupt ending. I wanted to finish up all threads from before his wraithiness to get his timeline in order]

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA